advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
First dates for me were a Car-Hop
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 26, 2021 01:36AM
~ right click

Being originally from New England and afraid of what the answer might actually be, I'd ask ~ in a somewhat tremulous voice ~ ftw smiley is a "Lobster Mac & Cheese".
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: First dates for me were a Car-Hop
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 26, 2021 06:06AM
Lobster Mac & Cheese is what a Deplorable orders in a seafood restaurant.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 26, 2021 07:44AM
Here's the menu from that place.

[www.steakmarket.com]
Posted by: space-time
is that how a much a steak is these days? that is crazy.
Posted by: space-time
also FTW != WTF
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 26, 2021 08:00AM
space-time
is that how a much a steak is these days? that is crazy.

Look at the menu, it's coated in 24K Gold.

All of the deserts are very expensive, that $65 Ice Cream Sundae is the cheapest item.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 26, 2021 08:35AM
The $9 water is surely a compromise between some kind of artisanal two-digit price they’d prefer and the realization that it’s still just water.
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 26, 2021 08:36AM
Lobster Mac and cheese became a thing a few years ago. It’s just one of the many things people put in Mac and cheese now. It’s all over the country and not just at seafood restaurants.
I have never even heard of that place here in Atlanta.
There are a lot of good high end steak places around Atlanta. I don’t eat meat, so they don’t have any appeal for me. My in-laws were big steak eaters, so I got dragged to a lot of the older steak places before they died, but this one must not have been around then. I think those prices might have been a bit steep even for my MIL, who liked nothing better than to overspend on food.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 26, 2021 09:00AM
Wth are the two things in the lower left corner?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 26, 2021 09:19AM
mrbigstuff
Wth are the two things in the lower left corner?

Talons.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 26, 2021 09:46AM
'If the company is paying for it, it doesn't matter'.
The "businessman's lunch" was restored over a year ago.

A 2020 COVID-19 relief bill made taxpayer-friendly changes

A taxpayer-friendly change in the CAA — the COVID-19 relief bill that became law late last year — allows you to write off 100% of the cost of business-related food and beverages provided by restaurants in 2021 and 2022. The “provided by” language apparently means the temporary 100% deduction rule applies equally to sit-down meals and take out. Before this change, deductions for business meals at restaurants were limited to only 50% of cost.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 26, 2021 02:05PM
Where the desire for pretentiousness outweighs common sense.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 26, 2021 02:43PM
rgG
Lobster Mac and cheese became a thing a few years ago. It’s just one of the many things people put in Mac and cheese now. It’s all over the country and not just at seafood restaurants.
There are a lot of good high end steak places around Atlanta. I don’t eat meat, so they don’t have any appeal for me. My in-laws were big steak eaters, so I got dragged to a lot of the older steak places before they died, but this one must not have been around then. I think those prices might have been a bit steep even for my MIL, who liked nothing better than to overspend on food.

More towards your neck of the woods, I'll take my fixin's at Ray's on the River. Now I hear they have more "Ray's" locations. That is a satisfying place to eat, or at least it used to be.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 26, 2021 03:58PM
......Sundae morning....rain is fallin'......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: September 26, 2021 04:03PM
vision63
rgG

More towards your neck of the woods, I'll take my fixin's at Ray's on the River. Now I hear they have more "Ray's" locations. That is a satisfying place to eat, or at least it used to be.

They opened a Ray’s at Killer Creek which was near us, but we never went there. I am not quite sure why. I think I may have gone to Ray’s on the River maybe once.
In-laws lived in Buckhead, so we went to a lot of places around there.
Canoe, also on the Chattahoochee, was a really good place to go. They had a great brunch menu.

Edit: I used to get tired of getting dressed up and going out to dinner with my in-laws, but after not being able to comfortably eat inside much at all, since Covid, I am really missing indoor dining. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2021 04:22PM by rgG.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 26, 2021 06:01PM
The place strikes me as all about showing off at how stupid you can be.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 26, 2021 08:57PM
You want stupid? Here ya go....

==
Date: September 26, 2021 09:31PM
Buzz
You want stupid? Here ya go....

==

At v63's Steakhouse, somebody would eventually say "'HEY! THIS IS PYRITE! FOOL'S GOLD!"
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 26, 2021 09:33PM
Their burger is $35. Enough said…

(But their Golden Tomahawk is $590, so maybe that burger is a bargain. LMAO)
Date: September 27, 2021 01:54AM
rgG
vision63
rgG

They opened a Ray’s at Killer Creek which was near us, but we never went there. I am not quite sure why. I think I may have gone to Ray’s on the River maybe once.
Canoe, also on the Chattahoochee, was a really good place to go. They had a great brunch menu.

Edit: I used to get tired of getting dressed up and going out to dinner with my in-laws, but after not being able to comfortably eat inside much at all, since Covid, I am really missing indoor dining. sad smiley

Someday we'll get back to our occasional nights out. I eat out every now and then. Safely.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 27, 2021 03:24AM
that gold tells me its a @#$%& bag hang out.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: September 27, 2021 08:03AM
vision63
rgG
vision63
rgG

Someday we'll get back to our occasional nights out. I eat out every now and then. Safely.

I am flying to NYC later this week, so I’ll get to do some dining out with my daughter and her BF. In NY they have a lot lower transmission rate than here and they require proof of vaccination at restaurants. They also have the outdoor dining figured out with some places having little “cozy cabins” when you can dine outside. If it wasn’t so cold and expensive and a few other reasons, maybe we would move, Lol.

Posted by: davester
Date: September 27, 2021 10:12AM
Racer X
that gold tells me its a @#$%& bag hang out.

The gold has one significant culinary effect...expensive poop.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 27, 2021 10:16AM
That picture makes my fillings hurt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020