advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Got my Moderna booster
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 27, 2021 03:55AM
Bootlegged a booster at my local CVS. My state keeps vaccination records for everyone and I was listed as unvaccinated because I got my original Moderna series in another state very early this year. No questions asked by the pharmacist; I had pre-registered online.

Except for soreness at the injection site I had no side effects. The pharmacist said I was the first vaccinated that day - on Saturday at 3:00. My wife was the second a half hour later. As I was waiting the obligatory 15 minutes I watched as the pharmacist asked some customers if they would like either a Covid vaccination or a flu shot. No takers. We live in one of the lowest areas for vaccination in the state.

I did get a $5 voucher for a discount on any purchase at Target. (The CVS is located in a Target.)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Got my Moderna booster
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 27, 2021 06:31AM
Interesting technique. Worth a trip...
Date: September 27, 2021 06:55AM
cbelt3

Except we probably caused a vial to be used only for us and then the rest would end up being unused and discarded. Over a million doses had been discarded in this country as of over a month ago.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 27, 2021 07:08AM
Not yet!

Posted by: TheCaber
Date: September 27, 2021 08:08AM
mrbigstuff
Not yet!

Zaphod? Zaphod Beeblebrox? Is that you ???

=TC
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 27, 2021 08:17AM
TheCaber
mrbigstuff
Not yet!

Zaphod? Zaphod Beeblebrox? Is that you ???

Actually that's Academy Award winner Ray Milland and footballer Rosey Grier in The Thing with Two Heads
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 27, 2021 10:04AM
Speedy
cbelt3

Except we probably caused a vial to be used only for us and then the rest would end up being unused and discarded. Over a million doses had been discarded in this country as of over a month ago.
Not your problem. Vaccine supplies are no longer an issue in the US. Anti Vax idiots ARE the main problem now. And we have them to thank for the new wave.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: September 27, 2021 10:06AM
Speedy
Except we probably caused a vial to be used only for us and then the rest would end up being unused.

That was the first thing I thought. How long has it been since your last in the other state? So far what I've been reading is that Moderna, when approved, will suggest just a half dose. I'm guessing a full dose won't hurt.
Posted by: GGD
Date: September 27, 2021 10:08AM
Speedy
Bootlegged a booster at my local CVS. My state keeps vaccination records for everyone and I was listed as unvaccinated because I got my original Moderna series in another state very early this year. No questions asked by the pharmacist; I had pre-registered online.

In 28 days they're going to hunt you down and try to give you another shot.

And this probably skews the federal vaccination rate since they probably counted you twice.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 27, 2021 11:29AM
mstudio
Speedy
Except we probably caused a vial to be used only for us and then the rest would end up being unused.

That was the first thing I thought. How long has it been since your last in the other state? So far what I've been reading is that Moderna, when approved, will suggest just a half dose. I'm guessing a full dose won't hurt.

YMMV, but wife got 3rd FULL Moderna, and in laid her out for a couple of days; a much worse reaction than either of the first two.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: September 27, 2021 12:01PM
DeusxMac
it laid her out for a couple of days; a much worse reaction than either of the first two.
That's a bummer, hope she's OK now. we won't qualify for a booster until the beginning of November, we'll take whatever dose they're giving.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 27, 2021 12:07PM
GGD
Speedy

In 28 days they're going to hunt you down and try to give you another shot.

And this probably skews the federal vaccination rate since they probably counted you twice.

If so, he won't take it, and whatever the Feds may track still evens out if they're comparing jabs taken to persons. In other words the other state would be "wondering" why no booster was done and so it evens out.

Of course none of this will happen anyway. If states never know what other states do (what could possibly go wrong ... ) then they won't know at the Federal level either since none of this is centralized.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 27, 2021 01:49PM
cbelt3
Speedy
cbelt3

Not your problem. Vaccine supplies are no longer an issue in the US. Anti Vax idiots ARE the main problem now. And we have them to thank for the new wave.

As well as all the spare doses of vaccine.

It is what it is.
Date: September 27, 2021 04:27PM
mstudio
Speedy

How long has it been since your last in the other state?

Dosed Jan. 5, Feb. 2.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 27, 2021 04:32PM
DeusxMac
mstudio
Speedy

YMMV, but wife got 3rd FULL Moderna, and in laid her out for a couple of days; a much worse reaction than either of the first two.

Doesn't that speak to how robust her immune system reaction was? I was actually hoping for a strong reaction and only got a sore spot for a day.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: September 27, 2021 04:35PM
Seriously thinking about driving to a nearby state to start the Moderna series.

Already received both Pfizer doses.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 27, 2021 04:38PM
State of NC has no Moderna availability?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 27, 2021 09:51PM
RgrF
DeusxMac
mstudio
Speedy

Doesn't that speak to how robust her immune system reaction was? I was actually hoping for a strong reaction and only got a sore spot for a day.

She might have been exposed recently enough to get her immune system fired up.

Date: September 29, 2021 07:59AM
RgrF
State of NC has no Moderna availability?

Perhaps, like my state, NC has a central vaccine registry so anyone administering the vaccine can check your vaccination status and reject someone ‘over vaccinating’.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 07:59AM by Speedy.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 29, 2021 11:29AM
Well, at least self-medicating with vaccines is much less risky than doing so with Ivermectin and Clorox, with a shot of hydroxychloroquine.

And a twist of lime, shaken not stirred.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020