advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Texas DA hints at "jailable" charges against teen who hit cyclists with truck
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 30, 2021 08:36PM
Informative article. Public outrage over the case is making a difference.

Intentionally blowing truck exhaust at the cyclists may be simple assault, and hitting them with the truck may be aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Grand jury will hear the evidence later this fall.

[www.chron.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Texas DA hints at "jailable" charges against teen who hit cyclists with truck
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: September 30, 2021 09:12PM
hints at Jailable?
what thefuck?

My wife and my two boys drove into the countryside in Missouri to watch the total Eclipse
a few years back..we were on a very small farm road..few other folks there including a guy 30 yards down from us with his Wife, who i chatted up..very nice guy, A Missouri Judge, cant recall what court..

As we were talking , a pimped up pickup truck appeared, pulled up in right front of my Wife and my two boys..My Family thought he was gonna ask directions..herevved and coaled them...Now, mind you, 'rolling coal' is not just regular truck exhaust...
the whole 'coal' thing is a modification to a diesel engine...the modification floods the engine with diesel fuel and the effect of the dense black smoke is half burnt deisel fuel--it is rich and thick
--Dipschits actually have this done so they can do this to people
...it is @#$%& nasty when they get you good and point blank..Which this guy did to my Family...they were coughing..my Wife has an extremely sensitive respiratory issue and she was coughing and crying..

The guy then peeled out and took off past the judge, his wife and myself..I almost jumped in front of his truck but sense got me..
The Judge calmly recited and then dictated the license number of this a-hole's truck to his wife, who was sitting in the car...I never found out what happened..But the Judge and his Wife were very upset and embarrassed, and apologetic..they knew we drove all the way from Chicago into deep Missouri to see this..His Wife was really bummed, went and tried to take care of my Wife..

I just don't get where we are in this Country where we allow these modifications, allow people to carry guns around..any guns at that..thing seem so fragile right now and it's pretty sad and scary.

And this Texas District Attorney HINTS at Jailable for this????
Re: Texas DA hints at "jailable" charges against teen who hit cyclists with truck
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 30, 2021 09:48PM
I got a feeling the judge had some nice words and a big fine for the idiot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 30, 2021 10:01PM
>I just don't get where we are in this Country where we allow these modifications, allow people to carry guns around..any guns at that..thing seem so fragile right now and it's pretty sad and scary.

I'm kind of surprised anyone is surprised by this, but I followed this sort of thing closely in NYC since negotiating street space is so important since its often rare.

1. Most cops don't care. They really don't.

2. DA offices don't care. They have 'bigger concerns'.

3. Ultimately enforcing rules and regulations on our streets is something so few people care about that it just doesn't happen.

--

I am kind of curious what it takes to make a truck `roll coal`. I doubt any of it is legally sold for its intended purpose. I know that the EPA has been cracking down on performance oriented car modifications that reduce catalytic converter efficiency.

Posted by: Wags
Date: September 30, 2021 11:03PM
mattkime

I am kind of curious what it takes to make a truck `roll coal`. I doubt any of it is legally sold for its intended purpose. I know that the EPA has been cracking down on performance oriented car modifications that reduce catalytic converter efficiency.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 01, 2021 08:34AM
mattkime
1. Most cops don't care. They really don't.

Was probably an off-duty cop's truck.

I believe that it is illegal to bypass emissions controls, which this does.

No idea if it's legal to sell the equipment to do it.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: October 01, 2021 09:01AM
You gotta catch em...the 'rolling coal' modification has a switch that turns it on and off..
there is a stealth component..they pull up next to you, flip switch..blast you...then they turn it off and drive away..
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 01, 2021 09:18AM
Wags
mattkime

[en.wikipedia.org]

From mattkime’s link:

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) decommissioned its state-wide smoking vehicle reporting program.

Freedum!

Posted by: kj
Date: October 01, 2021 01:41PM
I like how many of the articles say "cyclists are recovering". Some of the cyclists have injuries that will never heal completely. Way to minimize.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 01, 2021 03:38PM
“The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) decommissioned its state-wide smoking vehicle reporting program.”

Texas couldn’t handle the huge number of complaints.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020