advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Some more excerpts from Grisham’s tell-all: the initial Covid response
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 01, 2021 09:36AM
Politico (“How Jared and Ivanka Hijacked the White House’s Covid Response”):

Birx, Fauci and the other professionals in the room watched all the nonsense without comment. To their credit, they pretty much kept straight faces, although I imagine they thought they were surrounded by lunatics. In my mind I kept saying, “This is not a reality TV show. We cannot address the nation with a bunch of mumbo jumbo just so he looks presidential. That’s not how this works.” This was some serious @#$%&, and all they were thinking about was TV and image and optics. But regrettably, I kept those thoughts in in my head.

Indeed. Grisham kept a lot of thoughts locked up in her head while all kinds of serious @#$%& happened around her.

Anyway, Ivanka thought daddy should go on national TV and say something. So Jared wrote a speech.

It was a total [fustercluck] from start to finish because Ivanka and her crew wanted her father to be on TV. And of course the speech that night contained a number of misstatements and sloppy wording — some caused by the president stumbling over a few phrases — that sowed confusion about such things as which countries would be affected by the new travel restrictions and if international trade would be banned. News outlets all over the world picked up on the discrepancies in the speech. People from various federal agencies started to call and ask us how to explain or clean up some of the things that had been said. Once again a line of reporters formed outside my office. Of course, it was our problem, not Jared’s or Ivanka’s or Hope’s. No, they were in the dining room off of the Oval Office, Trump’s usual hangout, congratulating themselves and telling the president how awesome he was.

…and now you try to make some big coin and rehabilitate your image, saying it wasn’t my fault; all these people I agreed to work for were crazy.

Call the waaaambulance.

RollingEyesSmiley5
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Some more excerpts from Grisham’s tell-all: the initial Covid response
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 01, 2021 11:13AM
I don’t mind her and the rest coming clean. It beats the alternative of the crew still completely on his side. Now, I’ve not read nor will I any of these tell-all books but my impression so far from these excerpts is that her’s is likely the sanest, as opposed to the others that just blurted stories without any analysis. She’s providing some evidence of understanding here.

The takeaways for all of these people is that King Midas ruins everyone, so it becomes a question of how much you’re able to resist the allure to begin with. Every single one of them has to wish they said “no” instead of “yes,” despite the endless opportunities to do so.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 01, 2021 04:46PM
deckeda
Every single one of them has to wish they said “no” instead of “yes,” despite the endless opportunities to do so.

Well, they were all opportunists, just not that kind of opportunists.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 03, 2021 03:55AM
MAGA 2024!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020