advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Holding influencers accountable for lies that hurt people: The Jones / Infowars Texas ruling
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 01, 2021 01:01PM
'Judge Maya Guerra Gamble on Monday issued her ruling for default judgments against Jones in two different cases, which means he and the conspiracy-theory-spewing outlet Infowars have been found liable for all damages and a jury will now be convened to determine how much he will owe the plaintiffs.'

'The ruling — which is often referred to in Texas as a “death penalty sanction” for a party unwilling to comply with court orders — is a rarity in the legal world.'

“We learn about death penalty sanctions in law school as more of a theory, and it’s almost unheard of to have them handed down in a case like this,” Ogden said in an emailed statement. “However, the Sandy Hook cases are unique. It is extremely rare that a party (Alex Jones and Infowars) is ordered by the Court to comply with discovery, is sanctioned for failing to obey with the Court’s multiple Order(s), and then continues to blatantly disregard the Court’s authority by continuously refusing to comply.”

The video of Jones testimony is worth listening to - his defense was he was brain-washed to believe everything on main-stream media was staged and a lie, and that's why he said the Sandy Hook tragedy was a lie.

[www.huffpost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Holding influencers accountable for lies that hurt people: The Jones / Infowars Texas ruling
Posted by: timg
Date: October 01, 2021 01:07PM
How long until Tucker Carlson is sued in the same way??

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Re: Holding influencers accountable for lies that hurt people: The Jones / Infowars Texas ruling
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 01, 2021 01:19PM
Jones is garbage, and he caused needless pain and suffering. So good.

Who I also want to see held accountable for harmful lies is Mark Zuckerberg.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 01, 2021 03:22PM
Lemon Drop
Jones is garbage, and he caused needless pain and suffering. So good.

Who I also want to see held accountable for harmful lies is Mark Zuckerberg.

Amen sister.

=wr=
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 01, 2021 03:54PM
timg
How long until Tucker Carlson is sued in the same way??

“I’m just asking questions!!” - Fscker Carlson
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 01, 2021 03:55PM
I’m not able to watch his testimony, due to a desire to preserve my sanity, however it seems his defense was, “SQUIRREL!”
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 01, 2021 06:30PM
deckeda
I’m not able to watch his testimony, due to a desire to preserve my sanity, however it seems his defense was, “SQUIRREL!”

The cross-examining lawyer makes it worthwhile.
Posted by: kj
Date: October 02, 2021 09:57AM
In some cases it bothers me when people say others are "lying", when they actually believe what they are saying (even if they are incorrect). If you actually think it is true, you're not lying. You're just wrong.

However, in this case, I think he knew what he was saying was untrue. AND, even if he was pretty sure he was right, he should have considered the awful consequences of being wrong.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 02, 2021 05:46PM
At the time he was running a for profit organization with a political agenda; he was lying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020