advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Congratulate me, I'm a trip...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 01, 2021 08:11PM
... triply vaccinated, that is. grinning smiley

Just got my first shot of the Moderna. No obvious anything so far, except the usual sore arm and a headache (the headache could even just be one of my routine ones or from wearing the N95).

Giving my B- and T-cells a workout here... my immunologist and I agreed that it made more sense for me to do the Moderna, than to get a Pfizer booster, and then test me again in three months. She had to send it in as a script for me to be able to get it, since I already had the J&J and Pfizer on record.

The pharmacist who gave it to me also shook her head when I explained what was going on -- she told me that she'd recommended to her own parents who'd gotten the Pfizer to do the same as what I was doing, that the Moderna seems to be maybe the best of the three in regard to variants.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 08:11PM by PeterB.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Congratulate me, I'm a trip...
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 01, 2021 08:52PM
Not a joiner so instead you start your own Club 4vaxx?
Date: October 01, 2021 08:57PM
RgrF
Not a joiner so instead you start your own Club 4vaxx?

When I commented to the pharmacist that I couldn't believe that there were people who still haven't received ONE vaccine, and here I was getting my third, she just rolled her eyes ... telling me she saw someone who had recently come in to get their first, and scolded them about why they had waited so long. (This is, after all, Louisiana we're talking about... where we're close to dead last in terms vaccination rates: we're still only at about 45% fully vaccinated.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 08:58PM by PeterB.
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 01, 2021 09:18PM
triple vaccine

now get a try fuel generator.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 01, 2021 09:34PM
Congrats. I just posted a thread about getting mine. Should help me feel a little safer.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 01, 2021 11:34PM
I had to go out to resupply today. Ingles' supermarket had a large banner outside announcing that they had booster shots available. I got my second Moderna vaccine in June so, it will be awhile before I'm eligible for a booster (unless the requirements are changed). For both of my initial shots, I hit Ingles around 2 PM. Both times, I was the only one there. When I got my Flu shot three weeks ago (also ~ 2 PM), there was only one other customer at the pharmacy. In this area (northeast TN), early to mid-afternoon seems to be a good time to avoid crowds. Sadly, there are LOTS of people "out & about" who do NOT wear a mask. old fogey smiley
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 02, 2021 01:33AM
testcase
I had to go out to resupply today. Ingles' supermarket had a large banner outside announcing that they had booster shots available. I got my second Moderna vaccine in June so, it will be awhile before I'm eligible for a booster (unless the requirements are changed). For both of my initial shots, I hit Ingles around 2 PM. Both times, I was the only one there. When I got my Flu shot three weeks ago (also ~ 2 PM), there was only one other customer at the pharmacy. In this area (northeast TN), early to mid-afternoon seems to be a good time to avoid crowds. Sadly, there are LOTS of people "out & about" who do NOT wear a mask. old fogey smiley

When I got my 3rd there was a vaxx line and not an unmasked face to be see in a CVS superstore (24 hrs). Urban rural difference I suppose.
Date: October 02, 2021 11:53AM
Well now the day after, and I'm definitely feeling it... some serious fatigue, headache, and my arm is fairly sore (not terrible, but obvious).

I would say this is the most noticeable of the three vaccines for me in terms of feeling it the next day, but on the other hand, the shot itself was nothing -- about the same as the Pfizer, and nowhere near as bad as the J&J (the J&J shot hurt like hell when I got it!).

Edit: and oh yeah, I definitely noticed when I was out, a number of people still not wearing masks, or wearing them improperly, with nose uncovered, etc. And I saw a number of people wearing surgical style masks-- which I thought was pretty odd, because the fit on those isn't particularly good, even if the material would be better than a regular cloth mask for preventing aerosols.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2021 12:01PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 02, 2021 12:06PM
You're our living laboratory Peter. Hope you get good results from this latest vaccine.
Date: October 02, 2021 01:54PM
Hope you feel better. Your symptoms beat getting Covid!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 02, 2021 09:44PM
PeterB
(This is, after all, Louisiana we're talking about... where we're close to dead last in terms vaccination rates: we're still only at about 45% fully vaccinated.)

Thank God for Mississippi and Alabama or Louisiana would be dead last in most things. But I think Idaho and Wyoming have lower rates of vaccination and Idaho has hospital death panels now.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 03, 2021 10:45AM
Congrats, you are in the Club!smiley-gen013
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 03, 2021 10:46AM
Meanwhile, stumbled across a qnaut internet show and found out some anti-vaxxers have taken up using the nickname of “pureblood” for themselves. How adorbs. big grin smiley

Maybe they can all start wearing the same color of clothing to make it easier to spot another fellow traveler. Brown shirts are always attractive.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
UPDATE
Date: October 03, 2021 11:28AM
Wow, I don't know if it was because it was the Moderna, or just because it was my third vaccine-- but I would have to say that of the three, the Moderna has been by far the strongest in terms of post-vaccination reactions/side-effects. I had a headache that just wouldn't go away yesterday (it's finally dying down now), the fatigue yesterday was significant, and my arm is still sore-- the area of the injection site looks noticeably swollen/inflamed/allergic/blistered, although I can't tell if it's the actual injection or the band-aid that they used to cover the site. (I have allergies and fairly sensitive skin, and don't always do well with the adhesives they use on band-aids.)

In a certain way, I'm not unhappy about any/all of this, tells me that it is doing something ... compared to the relative non-reactions I had after the J&J and Pfizer. I also wonder if it could be a result of the difference in carrier formulation (particular type of lipid nanoparticles) that they're using for the Moderna versus the other two.

Date: October 03, 2021 11:52AM
Blankity Blank
Meanwhile, stumbled across a qnaut internet show and found out some anti-vaxxers have taken up using the nickname of “pureblood” for themselves. How adorbs. big grin smiley

Maybe they can all start wearing the same color of clothing to make it easier to spot another fellow traveler. Brown shirts are always attractive.

What I still don't really understand -- if they are so dead-set against any vaccine, how are they able to hold down a job? To go to school? To send their kids to school, etc., etc.? Apparently some of them are only "pureblood" when it comes to these particular vaccines, which makes them (of course) hypocrites.

Re: UPDATE
Date: October 03, 2021 12:06PM
PeterB
Wow, I don't know if it was because it was the Moderna, or just because it was my third vaccine-- but I would have to say that of the three, the Moderna has been by far the strongest in terms of post-vaccination reactions/side-effects. I had a headache that just wouldn't go away yesterday (it's finally dying down now), the fatigue yesterday was significant, and my arm is still sore-- the area of the injection site looks noticeably swollen/inflamed/allergic/blistered, although I can't tell if it's the actual injection or the band-aid that they used to cover the site. (I have allergies and fairly sensitive skin, and don't always do well with the adhesives they use on band-aids.)

In a certain way, I'm not unhappy about any/all of this, tells me that it is doing something ... compared to the relative non-reactions I had after the J&J and Pfizer. I also wonder if it could be a result of the difference in carrier formulation (particular type of lipid nanoparticles) that they're using for the Moderna versus the other two.

Hope you feel better. My arm is still the same level of soreness as yesterday, but no other s/e that I can tell. Maybe they use a different adjuvant/preservative or something?

Beats getting COVID!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 03, 2021 01:34PM
Just wait until they have to amputate your arm.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: October 03, 2021 01:47PM
Speedy

The genetic voodoo now means I can regrow limbs. I’ll report it to VAERS.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 03, 2021 02:22PM
You are for sure off the purebreads list for collection of 'precious bodily fluids.' wink smiley

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: October 03, 2021 07:16PM
Speedy

Or it mutates into a lizard arm or a tentacle. smiley-shocked003

But seriously, I'm curious if anyone here has gotten the Pfizer AND the Moderna ... just so as to compare, as I've done.

I'm pretty sure now that the blistering on my arm is from the band-aid they used and not from the shot itself, because there's another, adjacent part of my arm which is still swollen, sore, warm, and erythematous. That's impressive (at least, to me) ... I don't recall ever getting a shot where it was still like that after two days... tetanus maybe?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020