advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
New York's largest healthcare provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated workers
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 04, 2021 06:24PM
Everyone else should mandate vaccination as well.

New York's largest healthcare provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated workers
[www.reuters.com]

Oct 4 (Reuters) - New York State's largest healthcare provider, Northwell Health, has fired 1,400 employees who refused to get COVID-19 vaccinations, according to a spokesman, Joe Kemp.

As with other healthcare companies that have recently terminated workers for not complying with vaccine mandates, the fired employees represent a small percentage of Northwell's workforce of more than 76,000, all of whom are now inoculated.

New York's vaccination mandate for healthcare workers went into effect last week. Several other states, including California, have imposed similar measures.

Officials have credited the requirements with increasing the rate of vaccination, though a small number of employees have decided they would rather lose their jobs than get shots.

Northwell announced its vaccine mandate in August, weeks before the state requirement. The company's mandate extended to both clinical and non-clinical workers.

"Our goal was not to terminate employees," Kemp said. "Our goal was to get people vaccinated."

Kemp said the terminations will have no impact on patient care at Northwell's 23 hospitals and other facilities.

"Northwell regrets losing any employee under such circumstances," the company said in a statement. "We owe it to our staff, our patients and the communities we serve to be 100 percent vaccinated against COVID-19."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New York's largest healthcare provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated workers
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 04, 2021 07:02PM
I fully believe in the slippery slope here. Anti-covid vaxx attitude is the gateway to declining all vaccines. Clear them out now, or or we'll back to chasing measles and mumps outbreaks all over again.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 04, 2021 07:12PM
It’s a rare opportunity taken when so many employees self-identify as unqualified for their work. This is good.
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 04, 2021 07:30PM
Bye, Felicia.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 04, 2021 08:00PM
Breakdown of Dr. vs RN vs Maint vs office

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 04, 2021 08:52PM
Acer
I fully believe in the slippery slope here. Anti-covid vaxx attitude is the gateway to declining all vaccines. Clear them out now, or or we'll back to chasing measles and mumps outbreaks all over again.

A GOP state representative has already said he wants to have a discussion about all required vaccines for school children. Yes, in Florida.

[www.independent.co.uk]

(all the Florida websites are behind paywalls)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 04, 2021 11:19PM
About 2% of all their employees. Meh.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 05, 2021 09:20AM
I understand they can get jobs in rural Idaho or South Dakota.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: October 05, 2021 06:15PM
Under 200 here...in a health system with over 30,000 employees.

Still, considering the demand, "fired" = "eligible to come back immediately after taking a single dose"
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 05, 2021 08:10PM
I have NO problem with a health care provider acting in such a reasonable manner trying to at least minimize the risk stupid people create.

A relative who's an office manager with Northwell tells me that people who want to see the Immunologist they work for routinely lie about their Covid status stating they do NOT have the virus or any symptoms. Once they get in the exam room, they tell the doctor the truth and explain their actions as "it was the only way I could see you". Once the bozo leaves, the ENIRE office needs to be sanitized.

As far as I'm concerned, these lying A-Holes should be arrested and locked up in isolation with all the other lying scumbags. angry villagers smiley
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 06, 2021 12:43AM
testcase
I have NO problem with a health care provider acting in such a reasonable manner trying to at least minimize the risk stupid people create.

A relative who's an office manager with Northwell tells me that people who want to see the Immunologist they work for routinely lie about their Covid status stating they do NOT have the virus or any symptoms. Once they get in the exam room, they tell the doctor the truth and explain their actions as "it was the only way I could see you". Once the bozo leaves, the ENIRE office needs to be sanitized.

As far as I'm concerned, these lying A-Holes should be arrested and locked up in isolation with all the other lying scumbags. angry villagers smiley

Bill them for the sanitizing fee. I think that is completely fair.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 86
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020