advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Chris Hayes calls out Tucker Carlson ...
Posted by: timg
Date: October 07, 2021 12:26PM
on vaccine mandates.

Carlson spends much of his time on his program railing against vaccine mandates, but his employer has one of the strictest mandates.

He should obviously resign in protest .... of course he won't, since he doesn't actually believe anything he's saying.

Chris Hayes calls out Tucker Carlson

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Chris Hayes calls out Tucker Carlson ...
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 07, 2021 01:18PM
It was a fun watch yesterday!

=wr=
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 07, 2021 03:28PM
That was a terrific clip.

Devoid of histrionics, delivered in a calm, reasoned manner, well done!

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 07, 2021 03:51PM
RAMd®d
That was a terrific clip.

Devoid of histrionics, delivered in a calm, reasoned manner, well done!

I saw that earlier. It was great and I agree with "calm, reasoned manner" - that's pretty much the way he is about most things. But I get the sense that there's some snark just below the surface trying to get out. Carlson deserves to be responded to with snark, though, so that subliminal snark is justified.

I'm guessing Carlson's response to Hayes' hazing - if he hears about it - will be to think "hey, I've got 10 times the audience rating Hayes does so it doesn't matter what he says." I doubt Carlson would take any time thinking about how to respond to the substance of Hayes' segment. Substance is irrelevant to him. It's about giving his audience a show where he says what they want to hear whether or not there is any substance to it.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 03:52PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 07, 2021 07:57PM
A while ago, I started recording Rachel so that I could watch her and skip through the endless ads, but the handoff between Chris Hayes and her got my attention and I now start recording his show and hers because I like his manor (and her research).

That said, I have a LOT of shows recorded the I have not watched because my mental health requires that I back away from this stuff once in a while. They are telling me all the things that are wrong and I can do nothing about it. Just makes me feel helpless and mad with no resolution.
Posted by: hal
Date: October 08, 2021 12:50PM
Don C
A while ago, I started recording Rachel so that I could watch her and skip through the endless ads, but the handoff between Chris Hayes and her got my attention and I now start recording his show and hers because I like his manor (and her research).

That said, I have a LOT of shows recorded the I have not watched because my mental health requires that I back away from this stuff once in a while. They are telling me all the things that are wrong and I can do nothing about it. Just makes me feel helpless and mad with no resolution.

I get the same problem. When it was looking like Trump was going to win a second term, I was getting myself ready to completely disengage from the news world and just try to live my life not knowing what is going on in DC (like most americans). Not sure how that would have gone...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 08, 2021 04:12PM
Don C
...Just makes me feel helpless and mad with no resolution.

Just imagine how the hard core MAGAts feel after the election was stolen from Fearful Leader.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020