advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
sorry - never mind
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 07, 2021 04:17PM

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 04:24PM by Ted King.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Random thought...
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 07, 2021 04:27PM
>Trump's Big Lie is massively breaking the trust in the collective.

Fox News and the conservative project was working on that long before Trump came along.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 07, 2021 04:30PM
mattkime
>Trump's Big Lie is massively breaking the trust in the collective.

Fox News and the conservative project was working on that long before Trump came along.

Sorry, you must have posted after I deleted the OP. Random thought was too random.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 07, 2021 04:36PM
You know, I’ve always been careful about calling someone a liar - it seems to be a personal smear which is misused so often. My children complained because they ended up having to describe their siblings as “non-truth-tellers” in our household. (They made that one up themselves).

All of this is preface to my realization of how much lying non-truth-telling we are all exposed to. People telling other people it’s easy to lose weight, or they have a foolproof system to get rich in the market, or real estate. Most commercials incorporate a degree of lying. And then there’s politics, which has taken it up a notch lately.

Discouraging sometimes, especially when you see people knowingly accepting lies as truth to buttress their own personal inclinations or prejudices.

But truth exists - not The Truth, which is usually one of those rigid yet comforting lies - but empirically verifiable evidence of the messy way things really are. That’s the defense we have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 04:37PM by pdq.
Re: sorry - never mind
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 07, 2021 05:22PM
.....don't mind at all....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 07, 2021 05:43PM
pdq
You know, I’ve always been careful about calling someone a liar - it seems to be a personal smear which is misused so often. My children complained because they ended up having to describe their siblings as “non-truth-tellers” in our household. (They made that one up themselves).

All of this is preface to my realization of how much lying non-truth-telling we are all exposed to. People telling other people it’s easy to lose weight, or they have a foolproof system to get rich in the market, or real estate. Most commercials incorporate a degree of lying. And then there’s politics, which has taken it up a notch lately.

Discouraging sometimes, especially when you see people knowingly accepting lies as truth to buttress their own personal inclinations or prejudices.

But truth exists - not The Truth, which is usually one of those rigid yet comforting lies - but empirically verifiable evidence of the messy way things really are. That’s the defense we have.

I respect that reverend. I guess I'm just heathen. I'm weak for the rude names of the world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020