advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Anti Vaxxers are People Too...
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 08, 2021 06:40PM
‘ After Alexis Haug got the last raspy-voiced call from her unvaccinated, covid-stricken 51-year-old father, after he was intubated, after she had driven eight hours, alone, to Jasper, Ala., to say her final goodbye to him in the hospital, after she had him cremated and split his ashes between her stepmother and three distraught sisters - that was when she found out what people were saying about him on the internet.

“Anti-vax - STUPID hill to die on. He died for nothing," wrote one commenter.

"They get what they deserve," wrote another.

Those were some of the milder ones.

A website called Sorry Antivaxxer, which catalogues the covid-19 deaths of people who had publicly posted their rejection of the vaccine, had found out about Haug's father, Ron Munoz. It posted his photo, along with images from his Facebook page where he had shared anti-vaccine, anti-government memes. Commenters from Sorry Antivaxxer then posted images from the Facebook profile of Munoz's widow and also left comments about vaccination on her page. ‘

[news.yahoo.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anti Vaxxers are People Too...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 08, 2021 06:46PM
Reddit has a HermanCainAward subreddit that does the same thing. But is now specifically forbidding any identifying information (doxxing). The stories are tragic. People getting filled with nonsense and succumbing to an avoidable disease.

Honestly, these are cautionary tales writ large, that should (and often are) be shared by the family, hopefully to keep others from suffering the same fate.

"Don't believe this nonsense. They killed my parent."
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 09, 2021 06:19AM
Express and spread your antivaxxer disinformation publicly; your family suffers the consequences when you later die. I’m okay with that, especially with the more vocal and the more out-in-the-public people.

Uplifting in a macabre sort of way:

[www.sorryantivaxxer.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2021 06:28AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: October 09, 2021 09:41AM
I feel badly for someone whose family member just died, and I don't think they should suffer for their loved one's choices, however, it is exasperating to come to the last paragraph of that article and find the surviving daughter is still undecided about getting vaccinated. Really? How is there any ambivalence left?

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 09, 2021 09:59AM
Since this is a Covid-related thread, there’s this news:

Snow leopard dies, five remaining big cats have COVID-19 symptoms at Sioux Falls zoo

That is, of course, Sioux Falls South Dakota.

[The two year old rare snow leopard] began coughing on Sunday, Oct. 3, and soon began showing signs of lethargy and a loss appetite, according to the news release.

Baya began experiencing "a rapid decline of respiratory function" on Thursday.

The zoo's veterinarian consulted experts who instructed the zoo to give Baya antibiotics, steroids and other supportive care. The zoo also created a care team to provide 24-hour support.

But Baya died that evening.

Why do they think this is Covid?

The zoo has five other big cats: Three Amur tigers, another snow leopard, and an African leopard.

All are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and are not on display as they heal, Dewitz said.

Only one of those big cats — Keesa the Amur tiger — has been tested for COVID-19 and she came back positive.

There is a Covid vaccine approved for animals, and the zoo, closing this barn door after the horse has left, is considering getting some.

But this is South Dakota, after all, whose governor loudly believes in freedum more than vaccination.
Date: October 09, 2021 12:55PM
I doubt if they are ever in contact with each other. Of course, demanding that the zookeepers be tested, let alone vaccinated, could never happen in South Dakota.

“The CDC says humans can pass COVID-19 to big cats and other animals, especially when they are in close contact. But the risk of animals spreading it to humans is low.

Great Plains staff that work with animals susceptible to transmission must wear protective masks, suits, and gloves, Dewitz said.

She said the zoo is not sure if an employee or visitor passed the virus to the animals. Only one staff member recently tested positive.”

Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 09, 2021 01:26PM
I get lots of hate in comments on stories for "Those unfortunates who died/are suffering from COVID"

Lots of prayer comments, etc a few "fake disease" comments.

My comment: "I pray that others learn from their mistake and get vaccinated"

Then respond to the inevitable "Vaccinated people get sick too!" comments with:

"Statistically 99% of current COVID hospitalizations are un-vaccinated, I'll take those odds."

and the "People get sick from the vaccine! blargle blargle blargle!!" comments with:

"Less than 1 in 5000! I''ll take those odd too!"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 09, 2021 02:11PM
"Why did Jesus kill him?"
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 10, 2021 12:00PM
Vaccination is just another version of driving drunk or smoking in public places. Your freedom ends when it could kill others.

There is no other argument in modern society.

And when people ask, it’s the body bags that win the argument. Dead is dead, and not some academic statistic.

I’m sorry there are many in this country who can make $$ and power off selling lies about the vaccine.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 11, 2021 12:23AM
Did you see the woman who wants a kidney transplant, but it being blocked from this life-saving treatment just because she won’t get a Covid vaccination? Her only alternative is to DIE!

…or, y’know, continue dialysis, just like a half a million other Americans with kidney disease do.

It’s great that she thinks she’s identified a donor, but it’s not like going to Walmart and saying I’d like a kidney transplant, please. They cost somewhere between $440k (total, billed) to $260k (transplant and post-op care for 6 months), only a fraction of which she’s likely to have to pay out of her pocket- the rest come out of the big health-care-dollar pot that we all put our money and/or taxes into.

And, of course, donor kidneys are in short supply.

So one might be excused for asking a potential recipient for such a big, expensive procedure who will be immunosuppressed the rest of their life to have all their vaccinations up to date (including the one that’s killed 700k Americans since early 2020) before they jump in.

You don’t get a lung transplant if you can’t stop smoking. You don’t get a liver transplant for alcoholic cirrhosis if you can’t get off the drink.

Why these anti-vaxx folks think they’re being persecuted is beyond me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2021 12:26AM by pdq.
Date: October 11, 2021 01:47PM
I saw that, I chuckled, I am beginning to believe that you cannot fix stupid. She obviously isn’t going to take proper care of any donor organ which disqualifies her from getting a transplant.

pdq
Did you see the woman who wants a kidney transplant, but it being blocked from this life-saving treatment just because she won’t get a Covid vaccination? Her only alternative is to DIE!

…or, y’know, continue dialysis, just like a half a million other Americans with kidney disease do.

It’s great that she thinks she’s identified a donor, but it’s not like going to Walmart and saying I’d like a kidney transplant, please. They cost somewhere between $440k (total, billed) to $260k (transplant and post-op care for 6 months), only a fraction of which she’s likely to have to pay out of her pocket- the rest come out of the big health-care-dollar pot that we all put our money and/or taxes into.

And, of course, donor kidneys are in short supply.

So one might be excused for asking a potential recipient for such a big, expensive procedure who will be immunosuppressed the rest of their life to have all their vaccinations up to date (including the one that’s killed 700k Americans since early 2020) before they jump in.

You don’t get a lung transplant if you can’t stop smoking. You don’t get a liver transplant for alcoholic cirrhosis if you can’t get off the drink.

Why these anti-vaxx folks think they’re being persecuted is beyond me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020