advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
civil war 2024
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 09, 2021 10:41AM
Poll
will civil war return for post 2024 America?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
35 votes were received.
Scary possibility 19

54%
Definitely 1

3%
Nah 14

40%
not as long as I don't have to vax, wear a mask, or believe rational and/or scientific explanations 1

3%

or .....

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: civil war 2024
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 09, 2021 10:58AM
I don't know. Look at how many of the Jan. 6'ers were there with their mothers.

If @#$%& got real they'd crumble like a can of Natty.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 09, 2021 11:08AM
Civil war takes 100,000s of rank and file. Insurgency requires that you sacrifice yourself. Guerilla warfare requires a lot of hiding. Go look at the body mass ratio at a Trump rally to see how sustainable that would be.

Anyway, they've been doing just fine eroding the country from within via the Senate and the courts. No need to take up arms.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 09, 2021 11:14AM
Acer
Civil war takes 100,000s of rank and file. Insurgency requires that you sacrifice yourself. Guerilla warfare requires a lot of hiding. Go look at the body mass ratio at a Trump rally to see how sustainable that would be.

Anyway, they've been doing just fine eroding the country from within via the Senate and the courts. No need to take up arms.

Exactly, they're in a great position to establish minority rule by then. That'll solve most of their problems. Then we'll suddenly discover that all the stuff we've been stanning and angry about wasn't as important as we thought it was. Without power, you're nothing.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 09, 2021 11:16AM
Acer

Anyway, they've been doing just fine eroding the country from within via the Senate

and the courts. No need to take up arms.

Accurate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 09, 2021 11:24AM
Guerrilla warfare perhaps; Cliven Bundy, Timothy McVeigh - style resistance and domestic terrorism.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 09, 2021 11:41AM
I think you have it Acer. Unfortunately.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 09, 2021 01:20PM
I've been listening to the "It Could Happen Here" podcast
[www.iheart.com]

It doesn't take many true believes to destabilize a country. Jan 6 showed close we came. Basically one security guard's ingenuity and misdirection stopped the ZipTie and Noose crowd (a small number in a small number)from gaining control.

The last Civil War was led by traitors & deserters from the US Army (I'm looking at all those former statue subjects!)

If the election or Jan 6th had gone the other way, senior officers slow walking or refusing orders would not have been enough, they would have been been fired and replaced by Trumpzies in the ranks.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 09, 2021 02:02PM
vision63
Acer

Exactly, they're in a great position to establish minority rule by then. That'll solve most of their problems. Then we'll suddenly discover that all the stuff we've been stanning and angry about wasn't as important as we thought it was. Without power, you're nothing.

They already have established minority rule in a good chunk of the country and even at the federal level that minority has managed to block many actions desired by the majority. In a large number of states they are in a position already to continue that as the redistricting from the 2020 Census takes place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020