advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The TX principal suspended will have a hearing
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 10, 2021 10:26AM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

That’s a backgrounder story of how the treatment of the principal encouraged a few students to speak up. I am familiar with culture that stays quiet and the story is rife with examples of how easy it is to do so.

The principal’s chances are slim to none because the school board has fictionalized indiscretions and behaviors … they claim:

“[HR head] accused Whitfield of being “disrespectful, unreasonable and insubordinate," of sowing division in the community, of failing to communicate with colleagues and of unprofessional conduct. She said many of these concerns dated to early 2020, long before the allegations surfaced around critical race theory.”

There’s no evidence of any of it, beyond the fact he did things that made them uncomfortable like raising awareness, which implies change is needed.

The school’s in a White majority area with money that would prefer not to acknowledge anything that doesn’t concern them.

And so that’s the pattern: Ditch anyone who rocks the boat. They don’t have to dislike him, in fact I’d wager they have no real opinion of him one way or another. But someone complained, and then students complained about THEM, and so they can’t stomach “controversy.”

They voted 7-0 to fire him, albeit with a chance for him to have a hearing. For what reason, I don’t know. I suspect it’s a technique used to deflect and deflate protests so that his termination is seen as “inevitable” (acceptable) and that because it was already decided, they’ll just let folks complain one more time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The TX principal suspended will have a hearing
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 10, 2021 10:38AM
Critical Race Theory...

I think it's fantastic that all of these schools are successfully teaching Ivy League law school courses to grade school kids, most of whom can barely read.

Posted by: sekker
Date: October 10, 2021 11:54AM
I get odd errors reading the original post using my iPhone 12ProMax and ios15.

Anyone else?
Posted by: lost in space
Date: October 10, 2021 01:06PM
This kind of groupthink is getting out of hand. This guy is stepping on some higher-up toes for the good of his students but the wealthy white majority will not have it and none of them is coming clean about the real issue. Knowing how to wield such a tool fuels movements like the anti-vaxx idiocy. There's an article about this very thing in the Atlantic.

edits: typos

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2021 01:08PM by lost in space.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 10, 2021 03:47PM
One of the simplest definitions of CRT I have seen.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 10, 2021 07:39PM
Filliam H. Muffman
One of the simplest definitions of CRT I have seen.

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020