advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Are the Dems being Pro-active? I don’t think so
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 11, 2021 06:21AM
Local TX Republican Grass Roots:

“Back in January, we surveyed the huge crowds attending our meetings and based on those results, Grassroots America promised to bring the kind of training YOU wanted. Throughout 2021, we have done just that. Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership is a serious leadership training we are bringing back to Tyler once again because it is THAT good! Even if you do not see yourself as a frontline leader, this will help you understand HOW to prioritize your efforts and where to focus your resources for maximum impact. It will teach you how to STOP being herded around by politicians.

If they fear you, they will respect you. I urge you to sign up for this class. You will need it as we plunge deeper into a darkening post-Constitutional period in this nation. Texas and your country need you! We invite you to step up now. We are looking for the next generation of conservative leaders”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Are the Dems being Pro-active? I don’t think so
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 11, 2021 06:53AM
I hate the use of the fake word "pro-active"! It's supposed to be the opposite of "reactive" which is already the opposite of "active"!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 11, 2021 07:04AM
I trust they will all be crowded into small classrooms, shake hands, hug and kiss one another.
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 11, 2021 08:25AM
samintx

“…It will teach you how to STOP being herded around by politicians.”

So, this is an anti-Trump organization?
Date: October 11, 2021 09:11AM
pdq
samintx

“…It will teach you how to STOP being herded around by politicians.”

So, this is an anti-Trump organization?

No, this is the group that gives God the the reason who you vote for and who wins. Decidedly pro Trump and pro anything uttered by a RepublicanRollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 11, 2021 10:19AM
Dems are plenty active in Texas. Like all red or purple-ish states it is a very tough climate, but people I communicate with there are fired up.

I was glad to see Matthew McConaughey dropped his idea of running for governor. Don't need the distraction. He gave an interview with Kara swisher of the NYTIMES and it was clear that he is embarrassingly uninformed on key issues.
Date: October 11, 2021 10:56AM
Lemon Drop
Dems are plenty active in Texas. Like all red or purple-ish states it is a very tough climate, but people I communicate with there are fired up.

I was glad to see Matthew McConaughey dropped his idea of running for governor. Don't need the distraction. He gave an interview with Kara swisher of the NYTIMES and it was clear that he is embarrassingly uninformed on key issues.

Mathew isnt wanted running for gov. Don’t think Beto is either from what I read. So far all up in the air. West in hospital with pneumonia. Don’t know how excited Republican Tx is to have him run.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 11, 2021 02:09PM
Could we re-animate Molly Ivins?
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 11, 2021 07:27PM
Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership

Charity Navigator says…
“This charity's score is a failing score. This overall score is calculated entirely from a single beacon score: 100% Finance & Accountability.”
“Leadership & Adaptability Score - Not Currently Scored”
“Culture & Community Score - Not Currently Scored”
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 11, 2021 07:45PM

If they fear you, they will respect you.

Sounds familiar…

“Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.”
- Niccolò Machiavelli
Date: October 12, 2021 07:34AM
mrbigstuff
Could we re-animate Molly Ivins?

She was so humorous. Died too young. No light side to politics anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 152
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020