advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
‘ Wisconsinites plan to sue “every school board” that ignores CDC’s COVID advice ‘
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 12, 2021 04:53PM
‘ "We always thought that our government, the teacher's union, the ACLU, the hospitals, the nurse's unions, or any other number of progressive groups or 'academies of smart people who understand stuff' should be stepping up to block the alt-right, anti-science, and anti-history nonsense that has overcome school boards across our state. Wisconsin communities have exploded with the Delta variant because many school districts have dropped all forms of COVID mitigation that were in place last year due to the shrieking hordes of Tucker Carlson-watching zombies separated from their cerebrums and driven only by their lizard brains." ‘

[arstechnica.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘ Wisconsinites plan to sue “every school board” that ignores CDC’s COVID advice ‘
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 12, 2021 05:47PM
Good luck with that.

Anyway, I donated $25 to his cause.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: ‘ Wisconsinites plan to sue “every school board” that ignores CDC’s COVID advice ‘
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 12, 2021 05:48PM
Too often in politics it's not how a majority feels about an "issue" (though why treating a deadly pandemic like a deadly pandemic is an "issue" is an issue itself), it's the fervor of - or willingness to spend a lot of money of - a minority that carries the day. It's not a rational process - it's "yell the loudest and most threateningly" or trade on the greed of politicians to get their minority way. Look at the lack of very popular gun regulations because of it.

I don't know Wisconsin well - is anti-mask anti-vaccine the opinion of the majority? I imagine the answer to that is pretty local-regional.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 12, 2021 06:06PM
Ted King
I don't know Wisconsin well - is anti-mask anti-vaccine the opinion of the majority? I imagine the answer to that is pretty local-regional.

You're correct. Madison is one of the most vaxxed places in the country. Waukesha, Paul Ryan's old district, is much more anti-vax and anti-mask which I've verified via a family member's facebook photos.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 12, 2021 06:07PM
Koch money will overwhelm this guy’s little brewery’s effort.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: October 12, 2021 09:18PM
It's a sad commentary on the state of things when those running our educational system are so pig-ignorant.

I'm glad this brewery is stepping up to fight the kiddie-killing.
Lets hope more private businesses follow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020