advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump urging Republicans not to vote in '22 or '24
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 14, 2021 04:46AM
Former President Trump is urging Republicans not to vote in upcoming elections unless the “fraud” of the 2020 elections is uncovered.

“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 and ’24,” Trump said in a statement released Wednesday. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”

Trump’s claims of a “rigged” election also depressed voter turnout during the Georgia Senate runoff elections on January 5. Georgians elected two Democratic senators as a result, giving the party 50 total Senate seats.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that President Biden lost the election due to fraudulent voting practices.

[www.nationalreview.com]

Let's hope his base listens to him.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump urging Republicans not to vote in '22 or '24
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 14, 2021 06:52AM
I've given up trying to assess the impact of anything he does.

Speaking of impact, what are the chances Charlie Crist gets back in the Fla State House?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 14, 2021 08:57AM
OMG!

I feel sooo owned!

I will freak out if the republicans boycott the elections.

In fact, I FORBID them to do it in the name of Hilary Clinton!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 14, 2021 09:22AM
This could just be a scam to get cash from the rubes on the far left. There has to be a few.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 14, 2021 10:25AM
If the republicans consistently take the exact opposite position of the democrats then the democrats should come out strongly in favor if voting with high turnout in all elections.

But they really should continue to investigate those 2020 election tampering attempts, like that guy that called that official from GA asking him to "find" some votes. I think they even have that on tape and know exactly who that guy was.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 14, 2021 10:40AM
I think he is trying to increase pressure on Republican officials to "find" the fraud he claims was happening. They probably will "find" fraud which works for their efforts to suppress the vote of voters who won't vote for them and assuages the crazy man. By election time 2022 Trump will reverse his rhetoric and clamor for Trumplican voters to turn out to vote and they will do so because their strongman said so.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: timg
Date: October 14, 2021 11:18AM
If they succeed in undermining the election process, they could just call for the federal elections to be decided by the state legislatures ...

just saying ...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: October 14, 2021 11:21AM
timg
If they succeed in undermining the election process, they could just call for the federal elections to be decided by the state legislatures ...

I thought Georgia already passed their big anti-democracy bill that does just that.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 14, 2021 11:25AM
timg

just saying ...

Trumplican thuggery is pushing many election officials to quit and be replaced by Trump puppets so I can see those puppets providing the state legislatures with made up fraud charges that the legislatures can use to throw out Democrats and replace them with Republicans.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 14, 2021 01:15PM
All I know is Trump loves to jerk people’s strings - regardless of their party. I think this is probably just another example of that.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: October 14, 2021 03:02PM
It's been said before, but...

What an A$$!

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 14, 2021 03:25PM
Ted King
Trumplican thuggery is pushing many election officials to quit and be replaced by Trump puppets so I can see those puppets providing the state legislatures with made up fraud charges that the legislatures can use to throw out Democrats and replace them with Republicans.

The Guardian is asking that same question:

Why are Michigan Republicans quietly replacing key election officials?
Last year, the usually under-the-radar board of canvassers became a key part of Trump’s efforts to overturn the result
Posted by: hal
Date: October 14, 2021 04:00PM
The media is hyping this to the stars.

What he said was, “If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 and ’24,” Trump said in a statement released Wednesday. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”

He isn't telling anyone not to vote - he's saying that if his pet issue is not addressed, repubs won't want to vote. It's pretty clear.

We've got to stop laughing at him and take his threat seriously.
Date: October 14, 2021 04:09PM
hal

I'm not laughing.

And I hope his cult takes him seriously and sits out the elections.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 14, 2021 05:28PM
hal
The media is hyping this to the stars.

What he said was, “If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 and ’24,” Trump said in a statement released Wednesday. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”

He isn't telling anyone not to vote - he's saying that if his pet issue is not addressed, repubs won't want to vote. It's pretty clear.

I re-read his epistle and I agree with you. He's saying, Fix this or my voters won't come out and the Dems will win. It's a threat to Republicans, not Democrats.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 14, 2021 09:24PM
Just another step closer to the Trumpist(anzee) Party. With fatface as the overlord.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 14, 2021 09:36PM
45*'s Fear and Loathing Machine reminds me of The Blob.

You know what it is, you see it coming, and it still people still get got.

Same with zombie apocalypse movies.

You can out run them, but somehow a lot of people still get got.

True.

'Fix this or my voters won't come out and the Dems will win.' It's a threat to Republicans, not Democrats.

Exactly.

I'm not down with 'We've got to get a bigger hand basket'.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020