advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
EXCLUSIVE: Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 25, 2021 10:56AM
Light Treason

The two sources, both of whom have been granted anonymity due to the ongoing investigation, describe participating in “dozens” of planning briefings ahead of that day when Trump supporters broke into the Capitol as his election loss to President Joe Biden was being certified.

“I remember Marjorie Taylor Greene specifically,” the organizer says. “I remember talking to probably close to a dozen other members at one point or another or their staffs.”

For the sake of clarity, we will refer to one of the sources as a rally organizer and the other as a planner. Rolling Stone has confirmed that both sources were involved in organizing the main event aimed at objecting to the electoral certification, which took place at the White House Ellipse on Jan. 6. Trump spoke at that rally and encouraged his supporters to march to the Capitol. Some members of the audience at the Ellipse began walking the mile and a half to the Capitol as Trump gave his speech. The barricades were stormed minutes before the former president concluded his remarks.

These two sources also helped plan a series of demonstrations that took place in multiple states around the country in the weeks between the election and the storming of the Capitol. According to these sources, multiple people associated with the March for Trump and Stop the Steal events that took place during this period communicated with members of Congress throughout this process.

Along with Greene, the conspiratorial pro-Trump Republican from Georgia who took office earlier this year, the pair both say the members who participated in these conversations or had top staffers join in included Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).

“We would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back,” says the organizer.
WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 12: Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) attends a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing titled The Capitol Insurrection: Unexplained Delays and Unanswered Questions, on Capitol Hill on May 12, 2021 in Washington, DC. The committee will hear testimony about delays in law enforcement response during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) attends a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing titled The Capitol Insurrection: Unexplained Delays and Unanswered Questions, on Capitol Hill on May 12, 2021 in Washington, DC.

And Gosar, who has been one of the most prominent defenders of the Jan. 6 rioters, allegedly took things a step further. Both sources say he dangled the possibility of a “blanket pardon” in an unrelated ongoing investigation to encourage them to plan the protests.

“Our impression was that it was a done deal,” the organizer says, “that he’d spoken to the president about it in the Oval … in a meeting about pardons and that our names came up. They were working on submitting the paperwork and getting members of the House Freedom Caucus to sign on as a show of support.”

The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 25, 2021 11:12AM
I am so shocked that Margarine Traitor Greene was involved.

She seems so calm & level-headed.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 25, 2021 11:48AM
Lux Interior
I am so shocked that Margarine Traitor Greene was involved.

She seems so calm & level-headed.

What, you mean, like this?:

[www.youtube.com]

or this?:

[www.youtube.com]

or this?:

[www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: hal
Date: October 25, 2021 11:55AM
...well that whooshed right over your head :-)
Posted by: steve...
Date: October 25, 2021 12:01PM
Would love to watch them defending their behavior squirm in televised hearings before the Jan 6 House select committee.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Z
Date: October 25, 2021 01:18PM
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 25, 2021 01:20PM
hal
...well that whooshed right over your head :-)

smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 25, 2021 01:47PM
And a story that is, frankly, on the scale of Watergate, if not easily larger, becomes a mouse-peeing-on-cotton whisper of a footnote with the passage of just a handful of months since the event.

Gangs of intruders roaming the halls of congress calling for the death of the Vice President of the United States and the leader of the House, and very possibly the intent to carry out the threat. Gallows actually constructed on site.

Names and dates and places where elected representatives helped plan the events. And likely no consequences, let alone proper consequences, will follow.

This is why the country remains in peril.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 25, 2021 02:35PM
Blankity Blank
And likely no consequences, let alone proper consequences, will follow.

Hey, there was one black guy who got the longest sentence for (not) breaking into the capitol!
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 25, 2021 03:40PM
Unlike the limitless Q conspiracy theories, this conspiracy theory is probably about a real conspiracy.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 25, 2021 08:32PM
Names and dates and places where elected representatives helped plan the events. And likely no consequences, let alone proper consequences, will follow.

This is why the country remains in peril.

I couldn't agree more.

One minute, Repubs are lambasted for pitching the insurrection as a walking tour, the next, insurrectionists are getting sentenced for standing where they shouldn't have.

Fear of making insurrectionists martyrs makes them heroes.

'Can't we all must move along' becomes our way forward, and the lady holding the scales says 'I won't be able to sit right for a week'.

Or maybe a whole lot longer.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 25, 2021 08:51PM
What would really burn the insurrectionists’ hind hides is if Pres. Biden pardons all of them. Especially those that got mostly probation or otherwise had their hands slapped. I imagine a large number would turn down any pardon from a Democratic president.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 25, 2021 09:01PM
I don’t subscribe to RS so I don’t know if the quote above it the whole thing. But I don’t see a smoking gun that says, “go march and oh yeah break into the Capitol and harass everyone, or worse.”

You all know me well enough to know that I agree they’re all scum, but that’s a different issue. Organizing rah-rah events isn’t enough, necessarily.

The only thing that sounded conspiratorial to me was Bannon’s comments reported as happening a day or so before when he hyped up what would happen on the 6th.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 26, 2021 12:28PM
Speedy
What would really burn the insurrectionists’ hind hides is if Pres. Biden pardons all of them. Especially those that got mostly probation or otherwise had their hands slapped. I imagine a large number would turn down any pardon from a Democratic president.

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 01, 2021 12:50AM
Since we're indulging fantasy, I'd like to see Biden announce he's going to pardon the miscreant insurgents, and as they hold up their right hand to salute allegiance to 45* and and brag 'No way!', their other hand expecting a pardon remains empty, as Biden says 'Ok then, never mind'.

That would be awesome.

But then I wake up.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020