advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Why your kids don't need the vax...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 31, 2021 03:42PM
Your kids don't need the recommended vaccine. Natural immunity will kick in when they get the virus and they will be protected....

....just like it did for polio.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Why your kids don't need the vax...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 31, 2021 05:07PM
Best birthday gift ever! Thanks Mom and Dad.

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 31, 2021 06:30PM
Steve G.
....just like it did for polio.

A year in an iron lung machine and away from violent video games and social media will do them good!

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 01, 2021 03:15AM
My uncle was around 30 years old and a WWII vet when he got polio and spent 3 weeks in an iron lung in the basement (they were very full) of LA County General. He eventually recovered pretty well, but we have a couple other friends who suffer from post-polio syndrome with all that entails. I must have been 8 or 9 when I finally got the Salk vaccine and as much as I hated getting the needle, I didn't complain about that one. You'd think that with American deaths from Covid now coming up on three-quarters of a million, the numbers would finally be convincing. There's a lot of things you would think, I guess.

LA County had slightly over 1100 cases and had 11 deaths from Covid reported for today, Halloween. It's curious that between July and September the number went from around 10 dead per day to around 30, and since then has dropped to around 10 (in about the same length of time). This fall in cases and deaths over the past 2 months does not correspond to the large peak in vaccinations, which peaked in April and eventually started to decline. I would guess that the number of vaccinations is down (actually close to ten-fold) because the vast majority of people are vaccinated already, particularly the 65+ group.

I wonder if the strong decrease between September and the present has to do with the rest of the country largely catching up by now, so that most parts of the country are at least getting up to the 60% range or thereabouts.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 01, 2021 08:47AM
How is the Hassidic population doing ?

Answer: Not Good.

[www.theatlantic.com]
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 01, 2021 09:55AM
According to one physician teaching at a continuing education conference a few years ago, vaccinations extend life, resulting in dying in a nursing home. People should not get vaccinated, so that they can die naturally at home.

Holy crap - what logic! Lets let kids die so that they don’t end up in a nursing home in 80 years.
My 94 year old father, who does the gardening and housework in his household, should have been allowed to die of pneumonia 20 years ago, to avoid a possible nursing home stay in his future.

I am coming across more and more physicians without common sense or the ability to reason, and without an understanding of physiology, than I ever thought possible. The education and training are vigorous and challenging- how are these people making it through?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 01, 2021 10:53AM
how are these people making it through?

Tunnel vision. Training for the task - not too different than teaching to the test.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 01, 2021 11:05AM
S. Pupp
The education and training are vigorous and challenging- how are these people making it through?

Bell Curve and Peter Prlnciple.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 01, 2021 12:45PM
DeusxMac
S. Pupp
The education and training are vigorous and challenging- how are these people making it through?

Old joke: "What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class in medical school? Doctor."
Date: November 01, 2021 02:37PM
S. Pupp
According to one physician teaching at a continuing education conference a few years ago, vaccinations extend life, resulting in dying in a nursing home. People should not get vaccinated, so that they can die naturally at home.

Holy crap - what logic!

It's a utilitarian argument. Keeping someone in a nursing home depletes money that could be passed down generationally to enhance the well being and security (own a home) and future earning potential (college, etc.) of the entire family.

It's got a lot of adherents.

Another option would be to socialize elder-care. Few people seem willing to take that on in America.

Posted by: Diana
Date: November 01, 2021 03:03PM
Acer
DeusxMac
S. Pupp

Old joke: "What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class in medical school? Doctor."

Memorize for the test, then dump it. Common in college and, in some cases, grad school as well. They didn’t use the info enough and so it didn’t solidify, and got dumped in the next “data dump.”
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 01, 2021 09:25PM
I work for a non-profit educational association. Our sales department thinks it’s a good idea to have students take the final test before attending the last class session. You know, so that they have time to ask the instructor questions if the test gave them any trouble. I showed that to my boss. We both had a good laugh. And then cried a little on the inside.

Meanwhile, I’m good with getting focused on becoming a one-shot mechanic of whatever rag-tag gear is around the house by watching YT videos. But I don’t expect anyone to ever PAY me for what I temporarily learn there.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 02, 2021 07:29AM
Sarcany
It's got a lot of adherents.

Indeed.

Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 02, 2021 05:19PM
deckeda
Meanwhile, I’m good with getting focused on becoming a one-shot mechanic of whatever rag-tag gear is around the house by watching YT videos. But I don’t expect anyone to ever PAY me for what I temporarily learn there.

You might be missing out. Most repair people don't go to classes, they learn on the job and Google if they need something.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: November 02, 2021 06:04PM
C(-)ris
deckeda

You might be missing out. Most repair people don't go to classes, they learn on the job and Google if they need something.

Dunno about you, but I only hire certified bonded repairmen. (Or women.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020