You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Orange Dump really takes a dump... on his own party
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 08, 2021 05:59PM
It really is my way or the highway, apparently:

[abcnews.go.com]
[abcnews.go.com]
[www.washingtonpost.com]

... McDaniel and Trump himself both denied it, but the author (Jonathan Karl of ABC News) just openly called them both liars on the air (!), saying that what was said on the phone call was verified by multiple top GOP officials.

Relevant because the chances are good that this guy's ego will require him to run again in 2024.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Orange Dump really takes a dump... on his own party
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 08, 2021 06:09PM
PeterB
Relevant because the chances are good that this guy's ego will require him to run again in 2024.

Or he just milks it forever, like releasing his tax returns... "I'd like to run again, but I'm still waiting for the audit of the 2020 election to be complete"
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 08, 2021 07:35PM
or he runs as a Republican, gets the nomination, and then during his acceptance speech he dumps the party to go his own way, leaving the party to scramble. He has the ego to do that.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 08, 2021 07:56PM
I keep hoping it'll be invited to the Kamchatka peninsula and never darken our shores.
Again.

!#$@@$#!

Date: November 08, 2021 09:32PM
Ombligo
or he runs as a Republican, gets the nomination, and then during his acceptance speech he dumps the party to go his own way, leaving the party to scramble. He has the ego to do that.

If he runs, the entire GOP will be pwned. Again. I can't see anyone winning the nomination against him, and obviously you're right about the ego.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 08, 2021 10:14PM
I will not believe him starting a third party until I hear he has raised a significant fraction of the money that the front runner Republican candidate has raised.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 09, 2021 06:39AM
If Republicans take back both chambers he will run, no question because he knows he’ll have carte blanche if he wins.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 09, 2021 07:36AM
He has no need to start a third party, he already has his own; the “Republican”.

It would be more likely (make that “less unlikely”) that a third party would form from anti-trump Republicans; those with remaining ethics, morals, or merely having sufficient committed voters to weather the vitriol of the tangerine Tito.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: November 09, 2021 07:41AM
T*45 always speaks truth about plans that enrich, flatter, or empower HIM. Only.

The rest of us (losers) are his toys and minions.

This is the way.

=TC
Date: November 09, 2021 08:39AM
DeusxMac
He has no need to start a third party, he already has his own; the “Republican”.

It would be more likely (make that “less unlikely”) that a third party would form from anti-trump Republicans; those with remaining ethics, morals, or merely having sufficient committed voters to weather the vitriol of the tangerine Tito.

I thought this might happen in the aftermath of 1/6, with some of the more level-headed, fairer-minded Republicans finally saying that they'd had enough; it didn't happen probably because of the issues mentioned in the articles I posted ... simply put, they're all scared shiznit-less of the Dump's wrath.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 09, 2021 12:05PM
Republicans are not “scared of” Trump. They are scared of him deleting their voter support.

“Same, but different” I’d say.

Think of all those who left, from Jeff Flake to Adam Kinzinger. None of them found a way to articulate why following Trump is a bad idea.

I don’t know about Flake but Kinzinger got shafted by Illinois Democrats seeking to take his seat via redistricting. He may be a lock-step Republican otherwise, but Adam represents the rare soul willing to push back against Trump. And that’s the bigger calling for our nation.
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 09, 2021 12:25PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I will not believe him starting a third party until I hear he has raised a significant fraction of the money that the front runner Republican candidate has raised.

Yeah this will eventually come down to the money. Trump wants to suck it all to him; other repugs are resisting. The further away he is from the White House, the easier that task becomes.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 16, 2021 06:02AM
At least he didn't take a dump on the pope
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 16, 2021 06:53AM
Mr645

Hard to tell by the look on the Pope’s face.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 16, 2021 05:21PM
Speedy
Mr645

Hard to tell by the look on the Pope’s face.

[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020