advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NBC: Once vaxxed, the loonies are trying to'detox it from their bodies'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 12, 2021 10:05AM
subtitle: 'why does this doctor still have a license?

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots
[www.nbcnews.com]

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine. Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies.

Then, recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.
-
The video is one of several methods anti-vaccine influencers and communities on social media have in recent weeks suggested to their many followers who have capitulated and received the Covid shot.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NBC: Once vaxxed, the loonies are trying to'detox it from their bodies'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 12, 2021 10:07AM
Now, some anti-vaccine groups are recommending that people who have been vaccinated should immediately self-administer cupping therapy (an ancient form of alternative medicine that involves creating suction on the skin) to speed up the “removal of the vax content” including first making small incisions on the injection site with a razor. Other memes give instructions on how to “un-inject” shots using syringes.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 12, 2021 10:28AM
I’m pushing the theory that amputating a limb is the only surefire way to completely detox the vaccine.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 12, 2021 10:34AM
I hear that voting machines will activate the nanoparticles.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 12, 2021 11:27AM
Ammo
I’m pushing the theory that amputating a limb is the only surefire way to completely detox the vaccine.

Starting with the one sitting atop the body between the shoulders.

EDIT: Serious question: How is it that doctors who espouse this @#$%& aren't losing their licenses to practice medicine?

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2021 11:29AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: November 12, 2021 11:55AM
Hi everyone,

Apparently, as detailed in this article from politifact, she no longer practices medicine. Whew!

[www.politifact.com]

Robert
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 12, 2021 12:05PM
Wonder if they've tried leeches.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 12, 2021 12:09PM
I also heard that holding your breath until you turn blue is a proven method to get your way. When you're a child.

As I told my wife when we were dealing with temper tantrums...
"Let her. She will pass out and we will have a few minutes of silence."
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 12, 2021 01:20PM
steve...
Wonder if they've tried leeches.

Or whip out a snake bite kit during the 15 minute waiting period after the vaccination.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 12, 2021 01:50PM
Ammo

Perfect!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 12, 2021 01:58PM
I wonder if she has a website where she is selling the ingredients.

I'm reminded of Dr. Julian Whittaker, who is said to have graduated medical school from Emery. His website sells things like "Clinical Strength Ashwagandha" and many other products that have little to no good evidence behind them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2021 01:58PM by S. Pupp.
Date: November 12, 2021 02:03PM
She gets her money through donations:

[carriemadej.com]

And speeches:

[carriemadej.com]

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 12, 2021 02:53PM
Espousing anti-vaccination is a license to be bat-%&#! crazy.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: p8712
Date: November 12, 2021 03:01PM
Robert M
Hi everyone,

Apparently, as detailed in this article from politifact, she no longer practices medicine. Whew!

[www.politifact.com]

Robert

Practice certainly did not make perfect.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: November 12, 2021 03:24PM
Steve G.
...“take nanotechnologies out of you.”...
clearly she hasn't seen the latest Bond movie - as authoritatively stated by Q - there is no removing the nanotechnologies once they're in you
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 12, 2021 03:45PM
I didn't follow any links, but if she doesn't include oil-pulling and a juice cleanse than she is obviously a quack. devil smiley

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 12, 2021 04:49PM
SDGuy
Steve G.
...“take nanotechnologies out of you.”...
clearly she hasn't seen the latest Bond movie - as authoritatively stated by Q - there is no removing the nanotechnologies once they're in you

Magnets!

[www.youtube.com]

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2021 04:49PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 12, 2021 05:29PM
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 12, 2021 06:25PM
This is actually good news. as long as they take the shot, who cares what they believe in?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 12, 2021 06:35PM
Although she claims to be an internist, her degree is in Osteopathic Medicine.

It's a bogus degree in a bogus field based on the conceit that evidence is not the basis for a valid conclusion and that disease is caused by imbalance of "humors."

A lot of colleges now offer those degrees because money.

And even medical schools sometimes certify osteopaths because money.

It's only somewhat less reputable than Phrenology.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 12, 2021 10:47PM
Got to keep the loonies on the path!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 13, 2021 01:40AM

Espousing bad information is very nearly as bad.

Fortunately, there is still 45*-approved, Dr. Stella Immanuel MD to carry the torch of moral outrage and the banner of insanity attempting to masquerad as medical science.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.msn.com]

[www.snopes.com]

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 13, 2021 11:49AM
Sarcany

It's a bogus degree in a bogus field based on the conceit that evidence is not the basis for a valid conclusion and that disease is caused by imbalance of "humors."

Osteopathy is an entirely valid field of medicine, it is not homeopathy which you seem to have confused it with. There are some areas of traditional osteopathy which have been found to have little medical value, but that is not the entire field. Just like with MDs, you can find DOs who are quacks.
Posted by: kj
Date: November 13, 2021 11:31PM
JoeH
Sarcany

Osteopathy is an entirely valid field of medicine, it is not homeopathy which you seem to have confused it with. There are some areas of traditional osteopathy which have been found to have little medical value, but that is not the entire field. Just like with MDs, you can find DOs who are quacks.

He's been told this, but for some reason doesn't get the distinction between homeopaths and osteopaths. A doctor I knew in the 80's said at some point there was a difference in the training of a DO versus an MD, but even by then, the differences had been pretty much scrapped. By now, I doubt there is any difference.

"Dr. Carrie Madej is originally from Dearborn, Michigan and received her medical degree from Kansas City University of Medical Biosciences in 2001. She then completed her traditional internship at the The Medical Center in Columbus, Georgia and internal medicine residency at Mercer University in Macon Georgia."

[health.usnews.com].

Run of the mill Internist (physician) with some crazy thinkin' .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 11:50PM by kj.
Date: November 14, 2021 08:58PM
JoeH
Osteopathy is an entirely valid field of medicine...

No.

It's not.

You're the victim of a decades-long PR campaign.

Date: November 15, 2021 02:39AM
Sarcany
JoeH
Osteopathy is an entirely valid field of medicine...

No.

It's not.

You're the victim of a decades-long PR campaign.

BS
Date: November 15, 2021 07:10PM
[en.wikipedia.org]

Osteopathy is a type of alternative medicine that emphasizes physical manipulation of the body's muscle tissue and bones. Practitioners of osteopathy are referred to as osteopaths. Its name derives from Ancient Greek "bone" [] and "pain, suffering" [].

Osteopathic manipulation is the core set of techniques in osteopathy.[6] Parts of osteopathy, such as craniosacral therapy, have no therapeutic value and have been labeled as pseudoscience and quackery. The techniques are based on an ideology created by Andrew Taylor Still (1828–1917) which posits the existence of a "myofascial continuity"—a tissue layer that "links every part of the body with every other part". Osteopaths attempt to diagnose and treat what was originally called "the osteopathic lesion", but which is now named "somatic dysfunction", by manipulating a person's bones and muscles. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) techniques are most commonly used to treat back pain and other musculoskeletal issues.

[quackwatch.org]

Cultist Roots...

Still claimed that diseases were caused by mechanical interference with nerve and blood supply and were curable by manipulation of “deranged, displaced bones, nerves, muscles—removing all obstructions—thereby setting the machinery of life moving.” His autobiography states that he caused a bald-headed man to grow hair three inches long in one week and that he could “shake a child and stop scarlet fever, croup, diphtheria, and cure whooping cough in three days by a wring of its neck.”He was antagonistic toward the drug practices of his day and regarded surgery as a last resort. Rejected as a cultist by organized medicine, he founded the first osteopathic medical school in Kirksville, Missouri, in 1892...

In the United States, the admission standards—as reflected by grade point averages (GPAs) and Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores—are lower at osteopathic schools than at medical schools...

Osteopathic schools generate relatively little research, and some have difficulty in attracting enough patients to provide the depth of experience available at medical schools. In practical terms, this means that medical students will be exposed to a greater variety of sick patients and a greater depth of expertise among the faculty. Of course, as with medical graduates, the quality of individual graduates depends on how bright they are, how hard they work, and what training they get after graduation. Those who diligently apply themselves can emerge as competent...

Questionable Practices

The percentages of DOs involved in cranial therapy, chelation therapy, clinical ecology, orthomolecular therapy, homeopathy, and several other dubious practices appear to be higher among DOs than among MDs. I have concluded this by inspecting membership and referral directories of groups that promote these practices. Cranial therapy is unique among these because it is historically connected to osteopathy, promoted by a major osteopathic group, and taught in many of the DO schools...

(Etc.)

[rationalwiki.org]

Osteopathy is the discipline of (theoretically) treating disease by stimulating the body to heal itself, with a focus on manipulating muscles and bones. The idea that the body can be cured by manipulation has never been demonstrated in any scientific journal and is essentially woo.

I could go on, but you'd ignore it all again.

Date: November 15, 2021 09:07PM
My daughter was seen by a DO pediatrician for at least a dozen years before she aged out of pediatrics. I took her to every appointment and there was no manipulation of bones or muscles - and she was extremely hypotonic and had osteoporosis eight standard deviations from the norm due to renal failure from the time she was born. There was no discernible difference to me between her earlier care by an MD and her later care by a DO. Well, except that the DO practiced more holistic care which was much appreciated by me.

Date: November 16, 2021 03:02AM
Sarcany
[en.wikipedia.org]

Osteopathy is a type of alternative medicine that emphasizes physical manipulation of the body's muscle tissue and bones. Practitioners of osteopathy are referred to as osteopaths. Its name derives from Ancient Greek "bone" [] and "pain, suffering" [].

Osteopathic manipulation is the core set of techniques in osteopathy.[6] Parts of osteopathy, such as craniosacral therapy, have no therapeutic value and have been labeled as pseudoscience and quackery. The techniques are based on an ideology created by Andrew Taylor Still (1828–1917) which posits the existence of a "myofascial continuity"—a tissue layer that "links every part of the body with every other part". Osteopaths attempt to diagnose and treat what was originally called "the osteopathic lesion", but which is now named "somatic dysfunction", by manipulating a person's bones and muscles. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) techniques are most commonly used to treat back pain and other musculoskeletal issues.

[quackwatch.org]

Cultist Roots...

Still claimed that diseases were caused by mechanical interference with nerve and blood supply and were curable by manipulation of “deranged, displaced bones, nerves, muscles—removing all obstructions—thereby setting the machinery of life moving.” His autobiography states that he caused a bald-headed man to grow hair three inches long in one week and that he could “shake a child and stop scarlet fever, croup, diphtheria, and cure whooping cough in three days by a wring of its neck.”He was antagonistic toward the drug practices of his day and regarded surgery as a last resort. Rejected as a cultist by organized medicine, he founded the first osteopathic medical school in Kirksville, Missouri, in 1892...

In the United States, the admission standards—as reflected by grade point averages (GPAs) and Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores—are lower at osteopathic schools than at medical schools...

Osteopathic schools generate relatively little research, and some have difficulty in attracting enough patients to provide the depth of experience available at medical schools. In practical terms, this means that medical students will be exposed to a greater variety of sick patients and a greater depth of expertise among the faculty. Of course, as with medical graduates, the quality of individual graduates depends on how bright they are, how hard they work, and what training they get after graduation. Those who diligently apply themselves can emerge as competent...

Questionable Practices

The percentages of DOs involved in cranial therapy, chelation therapy, clinical ecology, orthomolecular therapy, homeopathy, and several other dubious practices appear to be higher among DOs than among MDs. I have concluded this by inspecting membership and referral directories of groups that promote these practices. Cranial therapy is unique among these because it is historically connected to osteopathy, promoted by a major osteopathic group, and taught in many of the DO schools...

(Etc.)

[rationalwiki.org]

Osteopathy is the discipline of (theoretically) treating disease by stimulating the body to heal itself, with a focus on manipulating muscles and bones. The idea that the body can be cured by manipulation has never been demonstrated in any scientific journal and is essentially woo.

I could go on, but you'd ignore it all again.

I could go into the roots of education to become a MD and find much of the same. But you can take your out of context quotes, some from questionable sources and keep on putting out drivel on something you don't know much more about. In other words, more BS from you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020