advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
$450,000 to each illegal immigrant losing a child during trump term?
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 13, 2021 08:44AM
Are you ok giving money to illegal immigrants over the missing child issue?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: $450,000 to each illegal immigrant losing a child during trump term?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 13, 2021 08:58AM
I want us to give them their children back !!!!!! AND anyone involved in the trafficking of those children to suffer in prison.

A bureaucratic mistake is not an excuse when a human life is at stake.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 13, 2021 11:05AM
It is entirely beside the point. There should be no limitation on the government’s efforts to reunite the families regardless of any payments.

The money is fine with me. I’m sure there will be a stampede of detectives, law firms, supposed ‘ex-special forces’ types that will swarm the families with contracts and promises of finding their children. A handful might even be legit.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 13, 2021 11:13AM
IS that the going rate for Spick kids nowadays?

Seriously, kidnapping charges need to be files for the those in charge, and those willing co-conspiriators!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 13, 2021 11:29AM
Congratulations. You've fallen for the latest Republican lie.
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 13, 2021 11:57AM
“each” (family)

“illegal immigrant”

quotes smiley

“ The right to seek asylum was incorporated into international law following the atrocities of World War II. Congress adopted key provisions of the Geneva Refugee Convention (including the international definition of a refugee) into U.S. immigration law when it passed the Refugee Act of 1980. “

[www.rescue.org]
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 13, 2021 12:19PM
Nov. 6th:

President Joe Biden said Saturday that the families of children separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border during the Trump administration should be compensated, as his Department of Justice is in settlement talks with affected families.

Raising his voice, Biden said that regardless of the circumstances, people who had their children taken from them under the Trump administration’s family separation policy, meant to deter families from crossing into the U.S. illegally, should be remunerated.

“If, in fact, because of the outrageous behavior of the last administration, you coming across the border, whether it was legally or illegally, and you lost your child — You lost your child. It’s gone — you deserve some kind of compensation, no matter what the circumstance,” Biden said. “What that will be I have no idea. I have no idea.”

Where'd the $450,000 to "illegal immigrants" come from?

Posted by: bfd
Date: November 13, 2021 01:00PM
They should each be given one of Trump's properties - hotel, golf course, high-rise, etc.

And what of the much ballyhooed reparations to Black American families?

Apparently, the recent $3 Trillion Money Drop was simply a Dumbo Drop… (in the bucket)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 13, 2021 04:48PM
Let it go to court and see how much more it costs us.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 13, 2021 05:39PM
Would you rather the government spend $1 million per missing child trying to reunite them, or $450k as a payment after the fact for putting their lost children into human trafficking?

I can't find the first post, but three years ago I was implying Cheeto's (thank you Jeff Sessions) Southern Border policies were specifically designed to funnel the kids into human trafficking.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 13, 2021 06:45PM
CNN from last month:

President Joe Biden was asked by a Fox News reporter on Wednesday about a Wall Street Journal article last week that had reported "the Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation."

The reporter asked Biden if such payments -- which the Journal said "could amount to close to $1 million a family" -- could serve as an incentive for additional undocumented people to try to enter the US. Biden responded, "If you guys keep sending that garbage out, yeah. But it's not true."

When the reporter asked Biden directly if "this is a garbage report," Biden replied, "Yeah." Then, offering the first inkling of what specifically he was denying, Biden disputed the "$450,000" figure the Wall Street Journal used.

Biden asked, "Four hundred and fifty thousand dollars per person. Is that what you're saying?" When the reporter confirmed, Biden said, "That's not gonna happen."

Is that clear enough?

(PS - it was clear to Lindsey Graham, but apparently not denied quickly enough):

Tweet by Lindsey Graham
President Biden now claims that efforts to give illegal immigrants a $450,000 per person settlement for border separation is “garbage.”

Why did it take so long for the White House to say that?

Ummm…maybe because it’s not Biden’s responsibility to publicly respond to each outrageous wingnut meme-du-jour?

PS - Graham is the Lucy Van Pelt of politics:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 07:13PM by pdq.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: November 13, 2021 10:18PM
FWIW, I know some folks who worked with the separated kids earlier this year, in the camps. The stories they tell would break your heart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 11:52PM by anonymouse1.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 13, 2021 10:50PM
I saw a video of a woman whose boy would have nothing to do with her after they had been separated too long. She was expecting a sweet reunion and he wouldn’t look at her or touch her. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 13, 2021 11:45PM
Where'd the $450,000 to "illegal immigrants" come from?

I wish Biden or Jen would ask that before any further comment, and make the 'reporter' squirm a little.

Or a lot.

Either you made that garbage up or somebody is feeding you garbage, which is it?

Out of curiosity, those of you speaking to child trafficking, do you have any demonstrable evidence or links to same regarding this particular situation?

I believe everyone responsible for the decision to separate children from their parents should be punished.

IF the children were subsequently 'disappeared' because of trafficking, then obviously penalties should be severe.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 14, 2021 07:47AM
No, send that money to well deserving billionaires, giant corporations, insurance companies and banks that have been allowed to become "too big to fall".
Without them, there'd be no civilization.

The world is surely a crazy place, but America is quickly drifting to the top.

Stealing your thread, samintx, sorry.
But time to split America in half (at least) and property swap thumpers and 21st century dwellers.

!#$@@$#!
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 15, 2021 03:47PM
Are we forgetting the over 19,000 children held in cages separated from adults under Biden's term? Could get costly
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 15, 2021 05:48PM
Mr645
Are we forgetting the over 19,000 children held in cages separated from adults under Biden's term? Could get costly

Any costlier than the trillion$ tax break we routinely give the 1%?
Date: November 16, 2021 06:00AM
RgrF
Mr645

you mean the group of people that pay more in taxes than the lowest 90% of wage-earners?
Date: November 16, 2021 06:52AM
Mr645
RgrF
Mr645

you mean the group of people that pay more in taxes than the lowest 90% of wage-earners?

Yep, the ones who got really, really richer over the last year and a half. Tax them.

Date: November 16, 2021 05:23PM
Speedy
Mr645
RgrF
Mr645

Yep, the ones who got really, really richer over the last year and a half. Tax them.

The rich pay more taxes. Higher percentage of their income
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 16, 2021 06:00PM
Mr645
Speedy
Mr645
RgrF
Mr645

Do they REALLY? All of them? smiley-signs006

“The wealthiest Americans avoided billions in taxes by voluntarily doing something most only do out of necessity: borrowing money.”
[www.businessinsider.com]

“Here are 5 ways the super-rich manage to pay lower taxes”
[www.cnbc.com]
Date: November 17, 2021 08:49AM
Mr645
Speedy
Mr645
RgrF
Mr645

It’s a common trick practice of those arguing these things to assume that Federal income taxes are the only tax. They’re not - not even close - and most of the other taxes (payroll, sales, excise, etc) are regressive. When you look at total taxes paid as a percent of income, the net result is just barely progressive:

…and of course, some people who claim to be billionaires pay very little in taxes. wink smiley
Date: November 17, 2021 06:31PM
When it comes to income tax, the bottom 40% pay nothing. Many even are tax positive if they have kids. Sales tax everyone pays.

[www.nerdwallet.com]
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 17, 2021 08:38PM
Mr645
When it comes to income tax, the bottom 40% pay nothing.

[www.nerdwallet.com]

What’s the citation for your “40%” claim? I’m not seeing it in your link.

You’re just resurrecting and parroting false claims from 13 years ago!

“… being exempt from income tax does not mean you’re exempt from federal taxes. Everyone who works is liable for payroll taxes, contributions to Medicare and Social Security that come out of every paycheck.”

[www.factcheck.org]
Date: November 17, 2021 09:21PM
“Everyone who works” is the problem. They are all a bunch of lazy, good-for-nothings sucking on the government @#$%&, at least according to some of my Social Security and Medicare collecting neighbors.

Date: November 18, 2021 04:49AM
Date: November 19, 2021 08:01AM
Again, despite constant attempts to cloud the issue, federal income taxes =/= “taxes” or all taxes people pay - not even close. And most of the sizable remainder is regressive. The progressivity of the federal income tax is the major thing that evens it out a bit.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 19, 2021 08:42AM
reading 645s post makes me very sorry for multi $M'aires & multi $
B'aires.
Lord, I do believe I'm feeling a bit of the vapors.

Lemme see, whats 80% of $100M?
$80M. I couldn't even have BurgerWopper for that $!

But lets' get back to the op.

" “If, in fact, because of the outrageous behavior of the last administration, you coming across the border, whether it was legally or illegally, and you lost your child .”

YOU LOST YOUR CHILD

!#$@@$#!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020