advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another family member, unvaccinated, got COVID
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 13, 2021 02:10PM
My Wife's cousin this time. Her son, a young adult, college graduated, and recently wed, implored his parents to get the vaccine. They didn't listed.

So about a month ago she (my wife's cousin) got the COVID. She was pretty sick, although did not get intubated. She recovered but X-rays show 2 spots on her lungs.

Meanwhile, the husband did NOT catch the COVID. He did get tested, no antibodies, At least he got the vaccine now.

Back to her: she got 2 weeks off paid from work, and the family doctor was able to extend the paid medical leave by another week. so in 3 weeks she was back at work. Some chemical plant in north-eastern part of Romania. she says she probably got the covid in the Bus, since very few people wear Masks in the bus. she needs to take the bus to get to work, no car unfortunately.

Now she regrets she didn't listed to her son to get the vaccine.

I am somewhat confused how the husband, who lived in the same house with her all this time, didn't get the covid. he was not even asymptomatic since he has no antibodies until he got the vaccine.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another family member, unvaccinated, got COVID
Posted by: hal
Date: November 13, 2021 02:19PM
space-time
I am somewhat confused how the husband, who lived in the same house with her all this time, didn't get the covid. he was not even asymptomatic since he has no antibodies until he got the vaccine.

perhaps they almost never share the same space and use separate bedrooms ?? that is kinda puzzling...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 13, 2021 02:41PM
hal
space-time

perhaps they almost never share the same space and use separate bedrooms ?? that is kinda puzzling...

Same thing happened in my house - this was a year ago - prevaccine.

My wife got it - bad, 23 days in the hospital bad. My son and DIL both got it and were living in the house with us. I never got it, neither did my Mother (who was 100 at the time). Made me wonder if Mom and I had some type of immunity. More likely we were just exceedingly lucky.

Just looked - it was exactly 1 year ago today that I took her to the ER.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 13, 2021 02:51PM
hal
space-time

Like almost all diseases, not everyone exposed to the COVID virus will come down with it. I haven't seen any recent research, but some estimates I saw last year were that somewhere between 25 and 50% of the people sufficiently exposed would contract the disease.

This reminds me of an incident over 25 years ago. Wife and both sons came down with strep, I never did at that time. I had plenty of exposure to get it from them prior to it being tested for, just did not catch it that time.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 13, 2021 04:18PM
Ombligo
hal
space-time

Same thing happened in my house - this was a year ago - prevaccine...

Pre-Delta.

The odds of someone in the same household escaping it now (in the United States) are dramatically lower.

Posted by: space-time
Date: November 13, 2021 06:55PM
yeah, not sure if this was Delta or another strain, who knows. And they are a normal couple as far as I know, I assume they sleep in the same bedroom. They live in a small apartment, it is virtually impossible to stay isolated from one another.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 14, 2021 12:39PM
JoeH
hal
space-time

Like almost all diseases, not everyone exposed to the COVID virus will come down with it.

Yeah. Didn't you read The Stand?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020