advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Definitely saw this one coming!
Posted by: kj
Date: November 14, 2021 12:23AM
[www.ktvb.com]

So we'll have a choice between a very reasonable Republican and a bat poop crazy one. I can't wait to see what the Democrats will do. As a conservative, this will be akin to being asked to vote for Hillary to avoid Trump. Will they vote for Little to keep McGoochan out? My thoughts are that they will see it as an opportunity to take advantage of a split republican vote and get a Democrat in office, which will result in a win for the "gooch". Ouch. We've been waiting for a really good reason to move.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Definitely saw this one coming!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 14, 2021 12:47AM
How will getting a Democrat in office be a win for McGeachin?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 14, 2021 06:56AM
I’m backing Ammon Bundy. In Idaho, you can’t be too crazy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 14, 2021 11:19AM
Dennis S
How will getting a Democrat in office be a win for McGeachin?

Good question. Does she get to keep her current job if she loses the Governorship race?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 14, 2021 11:25AM
Stop worrying about what if. If you can support Little, do so. If it comes down to the crazy person vs. Some Random Democrat, vote for the better of the two and don’t be like Dems who couldn’t vote for HRC because they stomped their feet and demanded perfection.

VOTE, regardless. Keep moving the peg forward and please do not sit out in faux disgust. You WIN whenever crazy people are kept from office, even if it doesn’t seem like it in the short run.
Date: November 15, 2021 12:09PM
I know what I'm going to do, no question, but what will others do? It will be interesting. We've been nicely spared the Gooch types until now. Idaho hasn't been crazy at all until recently.

The election of Gooch will be an unintended result of the Democrats fielding a hopelessly bizarre progressive candidate. They could stop Gooch by voting for Little, but would they vote Republican to stop bat-poop crazy? I couldn't vote for Hillary, so I can understand their difficulty, I guess, because I think that was a similar situation for me.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 16, 2021 01:47AM
Look next door at Jon Tester and get someone like him.
Date: November 16, 2021 04:52PM
If the Democrats chose someone more like Cecil Andrus, who was a Democrat and would have been declared King of Idaho if possible, but like I said, they'll choose someone "weird". It's like they think they are in Portland.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020