advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The good news is I got my Pfizer booster last week.
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 17, 2021 03:07PM
The better news is zero ramifications. Okay, maybe a slight awareness of having received a couple of shots (got the flu shot in one arm and the booster in the other). Otherwise, nothing.

But the bad news is that I can't find my damn vaccine card. I know I put it somewhere safe because I even put it in an envelope and wrote COVID Card on the front. But I can't remember where the heck I put it. So I started googling what to do if I lost it. As recommended, I found the emails from March and April congratulating me for getting the shots, with a link where I can view the info. There's the info in all its glory. So now what? Do I take screenshots of the web pages? That can't be the solution. Yes, I did scan the card and take a picture and it's stored on the phone. But they can't update with the booster info unless I have the hard copy.

I'm holding out hope that I gave it to my wife and said "Here, can you put this somewhere safe because I'll forget where I put it." I'll ask her when she gets home from work.

Anyone else had to deal with this? If so, what did you do?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The good news is I got my Pfizer booster last week.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: November 17, 2021 03:21PM
I received my card when I got my first shot. hen I went for my second shot, I forgot
to bring it with me. No problem as they had me in the computer anyway. The EMT
administering the shots gave me a new card with the info written on the second line.
They said I could either keep both cards, or copy the info over ourselves and 'combine' them.
So, that said, you should be able to do something similar?

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 17, 2021 03:22PM
Our county health service has a notice on the introduction page of their website that they'll give people new cards if the old ones have been misplaced. Would it be an option to go to where you got your first shot(s) and ask for a new card?
Date: November 17, 2021 03:30PM
Thanks. I googled a bit more and found the website for where I got the first two shots. Apparently I can email them and they'll send me a new card. Plus they suggested I go to the site of my provider and they should have a record of it. I did, and they do. So I just printed out a full page document with the appropriate info. I'll probably still request an actual card, though.

I knew it should be fairly simply; I was just getting frustrated with lots of almost answers. Thanks again.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 17, 2021 03:52PM
My husband always tries to give me stuff, so I will be responsible for keeping up with it.
Even if he doesn’t, he will try the “where did YOU put” such and such. banghead smiley

I hope your wife does know where it is. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 17, 2021 05:27PM
The better news is zero ramifications. Okay, maybe a slight awareness of having received a couple of shots (got the flu shot in one arm and the booster in the other). Otherwise, nothing.

This was exactly my experience in October when I got my third Pf and flu shot.

I got my COVID card in my 'Phone's Wallet along with a QR code.

I forgot my card for the last shot, got a new one, and may look to see if I can get a new hard copy.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 17, 2021 05:42PM
I had a fever, but it was nothing like the second shot.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: November 17, 2021 06:57PM
rgG
My husband always tries to give me stuff, so I will be responsible for keeping up with it.
Even if he doesn’t, he will try the “where did YOU put” such and such. banghead smiley

I hope your wife does know where it is. grinning smiley

No luck there. She said that I said "I'll put it with my stuff". A lot of good that did me. ;(
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 17, 2021 07:35PM
Wife lost her original card and quite naturally blamed me for said loss. When time came for her booster we just showed the site info on the phone. The vaxx tech asked for my card (since we did this together) and simply filled out the info on a new card.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 17, 2021 07:41PM
Create an email draft with the subject: Where I put things. Type where you put things like this. Then save the draft for future reference.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 17, 2021 08:26PM
I almost lost mine. So I bought a few of those visitor badge holders and put our cards in them. Mine loves permanently in my “man purse “ (work backpack). Mrs. Cbelt3 has hers living in her wallet.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 17, 2021 09:12PM
I printed the barcode from my state Department of Health.

When I went in for my booster, they weren't going to do it without the card, but ultimately accepted/scanned the barcode and gave me a new card.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 17, 2021 09:18PM
Ours are with our passports, and because we drive across frontiers, and car titles.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 17, 2021 10:24PM
Speedy
Ours are with our passports, and because we drive across frontiers, and car titles.

That's where we thought we put mine, but it wasn't there. First place I checked was my Password Manager because it's where I've made notations about where our Living Trusts are, padlock combinations, where we hid our spare house keys outside, etc.
Date: November 18, 2021 12:13PM
Have you checked the freezer?

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 18, 2021 06:29PM
I stuck mine in my passport when I got the first shot, and I took the passport with the card in it for successive shots including second and then booster. When I traveled to Europe a few weeks ago, I was used to the process. I also made a few photocopies and put one in a plastic holder that you can wear on your neck lanyard along with your other ID badges. This turned out to be useful in Italy, where they were checking proof of vaccination (they call it the Green Pass) on trains and some other places. The film festival I attended provided another card with a QR code which I needed to get into the events, so I put it in the same plastic holder, on the opposite side. This saved a lot of effort, because I just showed the plastic holder, flipped to one side or the other, as necessary.

The holders were sold in the pharmacy section of CVS for $1.40.

To be blunt, it would be convenient if all our merchants and restaurants just got used to the card on the lanyard. Alternatively, it would be useful for the state of California to give out official cards with a red dot or something that you could hang around your neck, or print the vaccination dot on the drivers license/real ID. I know the right wing had gone nuts about the idea of government supplied vaccine proof, and this is most likely why the subject hasn't come up lately, but it really would make more sense.

PS: the Italian Green Pass was a certificate that unfolds, instead of the card to wear around your neck, which made it a bit cumbersome to use.
Date: November 18, 2021 11:02PM
I know the right wing had gone nuts about the idea of government supplied vaccine proof, and this is most likely why the subject hasn't come up lately, but it really would make more sense.

Yeah, the 'sheeple resistance' is strong in those ones.

It would help if the cards were just made a little smaller so as to fit in a standard wallet.

I don't carry mine at all, just because I have no plans to be anywhere where the card might be needed.

But that could change and some place that does want to see it might not have a QR code reader.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DP , Sam3
Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020