advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I seek medical and financial advice on MRF because...
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 18, 2021 05:30PM
it's free! smiley-laughing001

let's not make this political, OK?

I got two Pfizer shots in the Spring. What booster should I get now? I hear mix may be better than match, should I get a Moderna or a Johnson? do you happen to have SCIENTIFIC articles on this topic, peer reviewed in reputable publications? please share.

And hypothetically, if one had some money, what would be a good investment now?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I seek medical and financial advice on MRF because...
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 18, 2021 05:32PM
The fact is we just don't know enough right now. I think you should get Moderna - its the vax with the best track record at this point.

Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: November 18, 2021 05:36PM
I agree, I’d get Moderna,
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 18, 2021 05:42PM
From my limited reading; Moderna (I got the Pfizer vaccine, but when I get the booster, I plan on the Moderna).

Worth exactly what you paid for the opinion! :-)

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 18, 2021 05:44PM
Moderna, for the reasons above, and also because it is a half dose.
The half should be plenty to restore full immunity and you should be less likely to have negative side effects with a half dose jab.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 18, 2021 05:50PM
I got a Pfizer booster in September, and the 2 dose Pfizer in March. Whenever I get another booster, I'll get Moderna. March-ish '22

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 18, 2021 05:58PM
I've got all 2.5 doses of Moderna, and I'm glad I did. But because the Moderna booster is only 1/2 dose, I'm not sure which way I would go if I had Pfizer. Having to choose between a full dose of Pfizer or a half dose of Moderna. If the initial two doses of Pfizer degraded to the point where a full third dose was needed, then does the Moderna booster provide enough added coverage since it's half dosage seems to have been based on how two initial doses of Moderna degraded. If the choice was between a full third dose of either I would clearly go with Moderna.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 18, 2021 06:15PM
Shucks, get one of each. Can’t hurt except for the jab itself.

“And hypothetically, if one had some money, what would be a good investment now?”

AAPL. Although I have most of my money in TSLA, AAPL is the safer choice for this 71 year old investor so my plan is to sell TSLA and buy AAPL in the next week or two. Of course, if your offer is right, I’ll sell you my TSLA today.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 18, 2021 06:28PM
Whatever the choice, get # 3 soon. Get a second shot if you got JJ. This building Delta/Delta+ wave is shaping up to be a butt kicker. I know many people that have mixed it up. The doctors I have been listening to during this pandemic that have been quite accurate in their predictions say to mix. Hope everyone can get through this ok.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 18, 2021 06:30PM
I got a Pf booster after 2x Pf initial jabs but I would have preferred Moderna in case I could get better Mexican radio or Satellite comms with it. But they didn't give me a choice so my internal radio tuning is unexceptional.
Posted by: Microman
Date: November 18, 2021 06:43PM
I have 2 Pfizer and the Pfizer Booster.

Sat next to a mother and daughter at the dentist, and she was waiting until all of the data is in.

You would think that 750,000 people dying would be some data.

The world is a rainbow, we all have our thoughts, I guess.

oh, and my Apple Stock keeps going up.... I sold some at 140, as a necessity, and now what is it over 150?
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 18, 2021 06:51PM
space-time

And worth every penny!
Posted by: dk62
Date: November 18, 2021 07:22PM
Really not enough published information. As I mentioned before, I got a full dose of Moderna as a booster before boosters were approved, after two doses of Pfizer. My wife (who is younger and would not qualify for a booster anyway) just did the same - walked into a pharmacy and claimed she was not vaccinated, got a full dose Moderna. We changed our insurance a few months ago, which made this really easy, but my son did the same claiming that he was not insured. As we are traveling internationally within the next couple of months, I am glad we did this and not waited for half-dose official booster. But there are no comparative data.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: November 18, 2021 07:27PM
I have no scientific evidence, but the mixing g off the drinks theory sounds plausible to me.

I posted on the other side yesterday about that.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: davester
Date: November 18, 2021 10:18PM
Thank your lucky stars that you have a choice, and probably any choice will be effective. Most of the people in our world don't have access to even the first shot. I had a booster shot but I would have gladly forgone that shot if I knew that it could have gone to someone in Africa.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Plant Goddess
Date: November 19, 2021 03:55AM
I had Moderna for the first two doses. I stuck with Moderna for the booster because it had the best track record. I also think there will be more data available later for those who stayed with the same company for Covid vaccinations as to when to get another booster. If there are problems later on, easier to deal with just one company than two or three. Thankful the vaccines have been available.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 19, 2021 06:25AM
I too am a 3X Moderna.
imho, be prepared to get a 'booster' every six months forever.
There is crazy money being made and spread around it's insane.

As for "financial advice", biotech seems to be a safe space.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 19, 2021 08:24AM
3x Pfizer, since I got the booster before all this came out about Moderna vs Pfizer.

Not really worried. Masks indoors in public places. All good.
Posted by: sunfalcon
Date: November 19, 2021 09:37AM
3X Moderna here too. First jab Jan 2021, then Feb, then 1 November. My daughter had a breakthrough case (pfizer) and I never caught anything. Tested regularly. Also had a coworker test positive who was vaxxed, I spent a lot of time with him, and still tested negative. With my unscientific experiences, almost everyone I know that has had a breakthrough, had Pfizer.
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 19, 2021 10:37AM
sunfalcon
3X Moderna here too. First jab Jan 2021, then Feb, then 1 November. My daughter had a breakthrough case (pfizer) and I never caught anything. Tested regularly. Also had a coworker test positive who was vaxxed, I spent a lot of time with him, and still tested negative. With my unscientific experiences, almost everyone I know that has had a breakthrough, had Pfizer.

My daughter and her SO, both young, 30 something, and healthy, were fully vaccinated and at about six months vaccinated with two shots of Moderna and they both had breakthrough infections and got infected from someone who was vaccinated, so it can happen to anyone. sad smiley
They were both sick for about a week with slightly different symptoms. They seem to be mostly better now.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 19, 2021 10:59AM
Microman
I have 2 Pfizer and the Pfizer Booster.

Sat next to a mother and daughter at the dentist, and she was waiting until all of the data is in.

You would think that 750,000 people dying would be some data.

Another data point: The study set for these vaccines is approaching 7.62 billion doses worldwide. People have been jabbed 7.62 billion times. Over HALF the FREAKING WORLD (52%) has had at least one dose. But perhaps we should thank her for volunteering to be in the control group.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 19, 2021 12:32PM
How come this got moved to the political side?

if I were to ask about Flu vaccine, or about some blood pressure medicine, it would stay on the Tips and Deals side. But mention Covid, and man, it's all about politics.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 19, 2021 12:49PM
space-time

if I were to ask about Flu vaccine, or about some blood pressure medicine, it would stay on the Tips and Deals side. But mention Covid, and man, it's all about politics.

Might have something to do with the posted rules at the top.

[forums.macresource.com]

"Sticky: All COVID-19 Discussion GOES HERE"

mrp-admin
Hi -

For the duration - if you want to discuss COVID-19, please bring it here because it always seems to go political.

NO NEW THREADS. ALL IN ONE PLEASE.

Thank you
MRF-Admin
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 19, 2021 12:58PM
I was not given the option.
OH ! You had Pfizer ? Here is your Pfizer booster !

Um... okay.

The good news is my immunization reaction was minimal. I guess that means my Pfizer immunity was still strong. Yay.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 19, 2021 01:17PM
space-time

let's not make this political, OK?

Well, that went as might have been expected, and right quickly, as well. LOL
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 19, 2021 02:33PM
cbelt3

Um... okay.

The good news is my immunization reaction was minimal. I guess that means my Pfizer immunity was still strong. Yay.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought a strong reaction indicated an active safer immune system. I've had 3 full Moderna shots with nothing but a sore shoulder from each.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 20, 2021 11:05AM
DinerDave
I have no scientific evidence, but the mixing g off the drinks theory sounds plausible to me.

Neither do I, but I keep thinking the "Swiss Cheese defense" method.

If Moderna blocks a pathway to infection that Pfizer doesn't, then get both!
Posted by: Janit
Date: November 20, 2021 01:46PM
RgrF
cbelt3

Um... okay.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought a strong reaction indicated an active safer immune system. I've had 3 full Moderna shots with nothing but a sore shoulder from each.

Not necessarily. A strong reaction indicates a strong immune response. A weak reaction does not necessarily indicate the opposite. That's because the reaction is mediated by additional factors downstream of the immune-cell/antibody response.

The immune response is a marvelous jury-rigged black-box of a Rube-Goldberg-machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2021 01:47PM by Janit.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 21, 2021 05:58PM
Not necessarily. A strong reaction indicates a strong immune response. A weak reaction does not necessarily indicate the opposite. That's because the reaction is mediated by additional factors downstream of the immune-cell/antibody response.

The immune response is a marvelous jury-rigged black-box of a Rube-Goldberg-machine.

This is all good to know.

As I had only a slightly sore arm and no other reactions to my Pf x 3, I was wondering if I was missing out on some degree of immunity because I didn't have the knocked on my keister reactions people said indicted copious amounts of immunity.

And naturally I listened to internet chatter instead of asking around.

Like at a major hospital I visited three time to get Pfized.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 21, 2021 06:27PM
space-time

Unfortunately, certain individuals turned prior C19 threads into political fights. We are working with rules established by the admins because of lack of self control by people that can’t follow rules..

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2021 08:34AM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 21, 2021 07:13PM
Janit
RgrF
cbelt3

Um... okay.

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't seen that explained before.
Posted by: Janit
Date: November 22, 2021 06:41AM
RgrF
Janit
RgrF
cbelt3

Um... okay.

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't seen that explained before.

This is rather analogous to the probable reasons why COVID infections can elicit such a wide range of symptoms -- from no discernible illness at all to deadly pneumonia.

I will use an over-simplified metaphor of COVID as a drenching rainstorm to illustrate: in some people the immune response prompts the body's defense system to deploy a simple umbrella that shields them from the rain. In other people the defense system overreacts and deploys a nuclear explosion against the rain. It's the nuclear explosion that kills them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 133
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020