advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Anatomy of a racist event
Posted by: hal
Date: November 21, 2021 05:16PM
I was bored and scrolling through youtube when a video of a racist attacking an Asian family at a restaurant popped up.

link of news story: [www.youtube.com]

In the video, you can hear Lofthouse telling the family, “Trump’s gonna f**k you. You f*****g need to leave. You f*****g Asian piece of s**t.” At the time, the family was singing happy birthday and taking pictures

The CEO of a tech startup was the offender and I was curious how things went for him after this event...

The next day a video of the encounter went up on the internet and he responded with a tweet that caused his account to be shut down - I haven't seen what it said.

Next came the apology:

“My behavior in the video is appalling. This was clearly a moment where I lost control and made incredibly hurtful and divisive comments. I would like to deeply apologize to the Chan family. I can only imagine the stress and pain they feel. I was taught to respect people of all races, and I will take the time to reflect on my actions and work to better understand the inequality that so many of those around me face every day."

Racists don't seem to understand that no amount of intoxicants turns a normal person into a racsist @#$%& - intoxicants allow your REAL thoughts to rise to the surface.

Next I see talk of a second apology (the first one landed like a lead brick) at an article on Linkin [www.linkedin.com]:

Did you see this melee featuring the now-former CEO of Solid Eight Cloud Computing Firm, Michael Lofthouse? He went on this inexplicable and very hateful, racist rant against the family, who happened to be Asian, sitting in a neighboring table and a safe distance away at a restaurant in the Bay Area.

Lofthouse tried twice to apologize in official statements. The first one came off insincere and looked like it somebody like me wrote it. The second one, probably written by somebody who is better quality on PR, had Lofthouse profoundly apologizing for his actions and said he would now try to make amends by taking an anti-racist class and reflecting on his actions. He also made a passing reference about needing to work on his sobriety.

So he lost the CEO position as a result of his assholery and went o0n a PR campaign to fix things...

Next comes the lawsuit (NOT from the family) [kion546.com]:

CARMEL VALLEY, Calif. (KION) A man who went viral after a video of a racist rant toward an Asian American family at the Bernardus Lodge and Spa's Lucia Restaurant was posted on social media is suing both the family and restaurant.

The man, Michael Lofthouse, is representing himself and said the video that circulated online led to an invasion of his privacy. Lofthouse also claims he was wrongfully accused of being racist towards the family.

At the time of the incident in July of last year, one of the restaurant's servers kicked him out.

And looky here - an internet article backing up the @#$%& [www.prlog.org]:

Another Victim of Cancel Culture is Fighting back
Michael Lofthouse Has Filed Lawsuit Against Several Individuals and the Restaurant that He Says Caused Him to be Thrust Into The Spotlight

by Michael Lofthouse

Yes - the @#$%& wrote his own PR BS and posted it on a PR wire kinda thing - wow...

I did not find and results of the hearing or the suit.

what an @#$%& - he emigrated from the UK in 2010 - DEPORT THE @#$%&! I hope the family wins a counter suit...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anatomy of a racist event
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 21, 2021 07:21PM
Deporting a rich racist white English speaker to another mostly white English speaking country doesn't seem like much of a punishment.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2021 08:09PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Deporting a rich racist white English speaker to another mostly white English speaking country doesn't seem like much of a punishment.

No, it’s not, but I’d still be ok with that if it happened to the Murdochs.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2021 11:03AM
Another shameless conservative snowflake. Too many lawsuits in this country!, except when something bad happens to them, even when it is 1000% their own fault.

Then run for a lawyer and:

My racist, obnoxious, misbehaving ass is being CANCELLED!

WAAAAAAAH!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2021 12:31PM
Speedy
Filliam H. Muffman

No, it’s not, but I’d still be ok with that if it happened to the Murdochs.

Sorry, Australia already shipped the foul Murdoch clan to the U.S.. Beat ya to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020