advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
At least 23 injured, 'some' killed as SUV drives into holiday parade
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 21, 2021 08:26PM
I'm sure Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder is inquiring into what color hat the driver had on, to see if it was "self defense"

[www.wisn.com]#

A mass causality incident has been declared in downtown Waukesha.

At least 23 people have been injured when a driver plowed through a police barricade and into the Waukesha Christmas Parade.

A mass casualty incident has been declared in downtown Waukesha.

Advertisement
Police said "some" victims were killed, but they have not said how many.

At 7:05 p.m., police sent an emergency alert telling anyone within a half-mile radius of the 5 points downtown to shelter in place and wait for an all-clear.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: At least 23 injured, 'some' killed as SUV drives into holiday parade
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 21, 2021 09:55PM
Senseless.

Posted by: Don C
Date: November 21, 2021 11:08PM
You do have to wonder.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 22, 2021 06:11AM
5 dead, 40 injured being reported.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 22, 2021 08:35AM
Racer X

why, why????
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2021 08:51AM
New reports are that occupants of the SUV were fleeing a crime scene.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 22, 2021 09:01AM
RgrF
New reports are that occupants of the SUV were fleeing a crime scene.

Clear thinkingRollingEyesSmiley5
Date: November 22, 2021 09:21AM
Life without parole. Period.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 22, 2021 09:30AM
Two law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized the discuss the matter publicly, identified the person as 39-year-old Darrell Brooks.

Online court records showed a person named Darrell Brooks, with a birthdate making him 39, has two open criminal cases in Milwaukee County. In one case, filed Nov. 5, he is charged with resisting or obstructing an officer, reckless homicide, disorderly conduct, bail jumping and battery. Records show $1,000 bond was posted on Friday.

In the other case, filed in July 2020, Brooks is charged with reckless endangering and illegal possession of a firearm.

Investigators were questioning the person in custody about an earlier crime, which one of the officials described as an argument involving a knife. The official cautioned the investigation was still in the early stages.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 22, 2021 11:24AM

Withdrawn. Wrong guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2021 12:38PM by Acer.
Posted by: kj
Date: November 22, 2021 11:36AM
50 pages of charges, sex offender, domestic abuse. When has a person exceeded their max number of chances? I'd say at least 10yrs. ago for this dude. Plus, I guess people who smoke a lot of dope aren't always mellow. Absolutely horrific though.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2021 11:37AM
story withdrawn by AP and others.
Wrong Darrell Brooks. The guy driving the car is NOT the above-mentioned individual.
Date: November 22, 2021 11:47AM
Steve G.
story withdrawn by AP and others.
Wrong Darrell Brooks. The guy driving the car is NOT the above-mentioned individual.

interesting.
Date: November 22, 2021 11:59AM
Not MathBoi Fly? I can see the confusion though, as his car looks just like the one used in the crime.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2021 12:08PM
Associated Press
STORY REMOVED: US--Christmas Parade-SUV
Mon, November 22, 2021, 12:45 AM

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) — The Associated Press has withdrawn its story about the investigation into the SUV driver who plowed through a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee, killing at least five people and injuring more than 40. A person of the same name and age as the suspect faces charges in other open cases that include second-degree recklessly endangering safety, not reckless homicide. AP will publish a corrected version of the story.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 22, 2021 01:38PM
So much for journalism.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 22, 2021 03:08PM
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

At the moment, it appears that this occurred because the police didn't follow the rules and call off a dangerous pursuit, so they chased a suspect into a crowd of people. They have said that there was no pursuit, but witnesses report a pursuit, and a cop on the scene opened fire at the vehicle and ended up shooting into the crowd (luckily, the cop's crazy gunfire did not hit anyone).

The suspect, Darrell E. Brooks Jr., has a record of domestic abuse, not "reckless homicide."

However, we don't yet have all the pertinent facts (and the cops are slower than usual about providing them), so maybe all of this is wrong, too. It's basically a sh!tshow.

The show continues tomorrow at the televised arraignment.

Date: November 22, 2021 07:20PM
Sarcany
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

At the moment, it appears that this occurred because the police didn't follow the rules and call off a dangerous pursuit, so they chased a suspect into a crowd of people. They have said that there was no pursuit, but witnesses report a pursuit, and a cop on the scene opened fire at the vehicle and ended up shooting into the crowd (luckily, the cop's crazy gunfire did not hit anyone).

The suspect, Darrell E. Brooks Jr., has a record of domestic abuse, not "reckless homicide."

However, we don't yet have all the pertinent facts (and the cops are slower than usual about providing them), so maybe all of this is wrong, too. It's basically a sh!tshow.

The article I read said the police were pursuing him by foot after he crashed through police barricades. There's no excuse for putting the pedal to the metal as you plow through a crowd of people. I don't agree with blaming the police, at all. I think Darrell deserves the brunt of the blame. As with most of these things, I don't believe anyone will ever understand exactly why he did it.

edit: What's funny is that the associated press did not have the right guy, but TMZ actually did, from what I can tell (It is mathboi fly).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2021 07:47PM by kj.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 22, 2021 08:27PM
kj
Sarcany
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

The article I read said the police were pursuing him by foot after he crashed through police barricades. There's no excuse for putting the pedal to the metal as you plow through a crowd of people. I don't agree with blaming the police, at all. I think Darrell deserves the brunt of the blame. As with most of these things, I don't believe anyone will ever understand exactly why he did it.

edit: What's funny is that the associated press did not have the right guy, but TMZ actually did, from what I can tell (It is mathboi fly).

Sadly, I only truly believe something if they say it's true.
Date: November 23, 2021 10:00AM
vision63
kj
Sarcany
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

I wouldn't mind understanding what you mean. There might be too many levels of sarcasm, I think.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 24, 2021 10:28AM
kj
vision63
kj
Sarcany
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

I wouldn't mind understanding what you mean. There might be too many levels of sarcasm, I think.

They always report bad news that I don't want to believe. It's more important to them to get the scoop than whatever the content of the news is. They'll pay whatever it takes to get it. They never have to retract anything that I know of.
Date: November 24, 2021 02:33PM
vision63
kj
vision63
kj
Sarcany
space-time
Racer X

why, why????

They always report bad news that I don't want to believe. It's more important to them to get the scoop than whatever the content of the news is. They'll pay whatever it takes to get it. They never have to retract anything that I know of.

Yeah, they have no ethics at all, which leads me to believe they probably do more harm than good overall. If they could all just wait a little while...but then if people like me didn't read it, they could, probably.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020