Date: November 22, 2021 12:19PM
I don't know how serious this article is, but 9 Black Belts? Come on

[www.msn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Watch out, 45 got another Black Belt
Posted by: btfc
Date: November 22, 2021 12:24PM
“ It is my pleasure and honor to receive this honorary certificate. “

“ Trump's awarding at a ninth Dan means he shares the same rank as Russian president Vladimir Putin who was presented with a black belt and made a grandmaster of taekwondo during an official visit to South Korea in 2013.

Despite not actually practicing taekwondo himself, Putin also managed to achieve the coveted rank. “
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2021 12:24PM
That's the only way they can fit around his immense waist.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 22, 2021 01:02PM
Ninth level BB.

Nidan.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 22, 2021 01:05PM
btfc
Despite not actually practicing taekwondo himself, Putin also managed to achieve the coveted rank.

Doesn't Putin practice judo?

Posted by: August West
Date: November 22, 2021 05:05PM
Just when you think when reality has already hit its nadir...this. I can just about understand apocalyptic death cults, i.e., religion.

Apologies to the anonymous forum member affected by my previous sig pic. It was my personal pic of a country expressing great grief as their leader, one of the most recognized people in the world, lay on his deathbed 8 years ago, days before he died. Like a naif, I did not realize it was offensively political, I considered it an expression of deep emotion and a reminder of the mortal coil's nature; that we all, great and small, can only hope to make a difference in our short time here, no matter the personal cost.

I'll post another pic from my work in South Africa that is, hopefully, apolitical.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 22, 2021 05:16PM
He can wear it with his Purple Heart.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 25, 2021 07:27PM
It's my understand that above a 9th dan in TKD, you need to be dead., and its honorary at that point.

I witnessed the ceremony and testing of a 6th dan testing for 7th, and a 7th dan Grand Master (Solomon Yun) testing for 8th. To run the testing and ceremony, they had to bring in 2 8th level Grand Masters from Korea. At the time there were only about 70 living 8th Dan and above, and all living in Korea. [www.westsideseattle.com]

My ex-wife trained under GM Yun.

The guy testing for 7th came in to Seattle from Montana, as there really weren't many 7th Dan to officiate in the mid West at the time.

It was more like ballet than a martial art at that point.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020