advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Christie’s book isn’t selling
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 01, 2021 06:37AM
He is making the rounds. No best seller list and only sold a bit over 2000 the first day. He has been on all the TV shows selling his book. I am really surprised it has been shunned .
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Christie’s book isn’t selling
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 01, 2021 06:52AM
I'm not. He's trying to walk the thin line between "Republican" and "AntiTrump" now that Trump IS the republican party.

If there are any TR and. Ike Republicans left, its time for them to break off and take anyone they can with them!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 01, 2021 06:53AM
Political campaigns usually buy them up to put books like this on the best seller list, then give them away to donors.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 01, 2021 07:11AM

good beach reading!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 01, 2021 07:17AM
That poor chair. Not to mention his wife.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 01, 2021 08:02AM
I thought it was SOP for the RNC to buy enough books to put it on the best-seller lists?

I guess nobody likes him.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 01, 2021 08:11AM
He 110% deserves this.

I'm sure he'll wander around until he figures out which but to kiss next.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 01, 2021 09:14AM
Rolando
I'm not. He's trying to walk the thin line between "Republican" and "AntiTrump" now that Trump IS the republican party.

If there are any TR and. Ike Republicans left, its time for them to break off and take anyone they can with them!

Exactly, what is his supposed base (even to sell a book)?
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 01, 2021 10:11AM
What happens if a publisher gives the author an advance and in the end there aren't enough sales to cover the advance? Ask for some money back?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 01, 2021 10:40AM
GGD
What happens if a publisher gives the author an advance and in the end there aren't enough sales to cover the advance? Ask for some money back?

The publisher is screwed. The advance belongs to the author no matter what sales are.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: December 01, 2021 11:22AM
Those who oppose Trump don’t need further data to convince them. Those who support him don’t want to know.

If he wants a best seller, he needs to write a book that claims Trump is the second coming of Christ.
At least a third of the country would just eat that up with a spoon.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 01, 2021 11:56AM
He only needs a pocket billionaire to put $1 million of dark money into a SuperPAC to buy up the first run.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ted King
Date: December 01, 2021 12:02PM
[thehill.com]

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace grilled former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on why he chose to leave Fox News off a list of people, events and phenomena he alleges in a new book have destroyed the Republican Party.

"The book is about conspiracy and lies and you really don’t take on Fox News. Why not?" Wallace asked Christie as he appeared on her weekday program "Deadline Whitehouse" on Tuesday. "Have you seen The Tucker Carlson program?

"No, I don't watch it," Christie said of Carlson's prime-time show, the top-rated cable new program in the country featuring segments that often make national headlines for their controversial subject matter.

"Are you aware of what he does?" Wallace pressed Christie.

"Not really," Christie responded.

Wallace, a former Republican political operative turned liberal cable news pundit, pointed out that Christie takes shots in his new book at The New York Times, CNN and MSNBC, but "not Fox."

"I don't attack them as conspiracy theorists," Christie said of mainstream media outlets. "I talk about bias."

Wallace told Christie she finds it not to be "an intellectually honest case to make against conspiracy theories without taking on Fox News."

"Well you can write that in your book," Christie said, dismissing the host's line of questioning, to which Wallace responded: "I'm not trying to save the Republican Party."

Video on Twitter:
[twitter.com]

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2021 12:03PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 01, 2021 06:07PM
That was priceless! Ted, thanks for that Twitter video.

Ted King
[thehill.com]

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace grilled former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on why he chose to leave Fox News off a list of people, events and phenomena he alleges in a new book have destroyed the Republican Party.

"The book is about conspiracy and lies and you really don’t take on Fox News. Why not?" Wallace asked Christie as he appeared on her weekday program "Deadline Whitehouse" on Tuesday. "Have you seen The Tucker Carlson program?

"No, I don't watch it," Christie said of Carlson's prime-time show, the top-rated cable new program in the country featuring segments that often make national headlines for their controversial subject matter.

"Are you aware of what he does?" Wallace pressed Christie.

"Not really," Christie responded.

Wallace, a former Republican political operative turned liberal cable news pundit, pointed out that Christie takes shots in his new book at The New York Times, CNN and MSNBC, but "not Fox."

"I don't attack them as conspiracy theorists," Christie said of mainstream media outlets. "I talk about bias."

Wallace told Christie she finds it not to be "an intellectually honest case to make against conspiracy theories without taking on Fox News."

"Well you can write that in your book," Christie said, dismissing the host's line of questioning, to which Wallace responded: "I'm not trying to save the Republican Party."

Video on Twitter:
[twitter.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 03, 2021 08:44AM
S. Pupp
Those who oppose Trump don’t need further data to convince them. Those who support him don’t want to know.

Those who support (tRump) don't read that much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020