Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Are you boosted?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 04, 2021 11:48AM
Poll
Are you boosted?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
64 votes were received.
Yes 52

81%
Not eligible yet, but will be as soon as I can 3

5%
Haven't gotten to it, will shortly 9

14%
Nah, why should I? 0

0%
Not yet vaccinated 0

0%

Are you boosted?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Are you boosted?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 04, 2021 12:00PM
absolutely...and got my flu shot
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 04, 2021 12:14PM
Also got both at the same time - about 3 weeks ago.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 04, 2021 12:41PM
Workin' on it, trying to plan for it knowing I'll likely incur a "sick" penalty! smiley-talk034
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 04, 2021 12:42PM
Double-boosted and triply immunized, my man.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 04, 2021 01:15PM
Yes, a two fer — booster and flu shot.

Back in October.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: December 04, 2021 02:10PM
Scheduled for a booster next week.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 04, 2021 02:16PM
Like an unlocked car in Chattanooga. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 04, 2021 02:46PM
Waiting for a window where I can couch-up the next day if necessary. Currently traveling in all-vaxxed circles other than shopping. Christmas gatherings will be the next challenge.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 04, 2021 02:59PM
Only recently became eligible and was far too busy at work last week to go, but I’m looking to get an appointment set up next week.

It is what it is.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: December 04, 2021 04:02PM

Posted by: btfc
Date: December 04, 2021 07:02PM
Just became booster eligible about a week ago, planning on it when I come out of the woods. It’s been sunny and temps have been in the 50s in central Oregon, so I’ve been putting in big days before the snow arrives.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 04, 2021 07:27PM
Until the recent change, I was a few years too young to qualify.

Last Friday the reservation system was overwhelmed for three to six weeks. I just checked and supposedly have an appointment tomorrow.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 04, 2021 08:37PM
I'm pretty sure every adult in the US is eligible, and it is recommended after 6 months for Moderna/Pfizer, and a very short time for J&J.

I should be eligible for my second booster as soon as the newest formulation is likely to come out, in March 2022.

My partner is the Director of a childcare center located inside a retirement community. So everyone but staff is either unvaxxed (kid) or an elder (at risk). ALL staff gets the vaccine, period. And everyone is STRONGLY urged to get a flu shot every fall. This fall they did a booster and flu vaccine clinic. Massive turnout by both staff and residents.

Seattle vax rate is over 90%, and 12-17 is something like 80%+ at least one shot. Being the epicenter in the US for the first big breakout made believers out of the community. And the city and county health depts worked with the fire depts and hospitals to operate testing and vaccine sites all over the county. They ran like a switch watch. Even mobile pop up clinics in neighborhoods where there are a large number of low income and elders so transportation or child care would be an issue.

And it was either Lyft or Uber who was paying round trip fares to vax sites in the greater Seattle area. Had to be the specific address of the4 site. 10s of thousands took them up on it.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2021 08:38PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 04, 2021 09:14PM
3x full dose Moderna. Six months after the third dose will be the end of March 2022 when I will get another (full) dose. I imagine by then the reformulated boosters for the latest variant will be available.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: December 05, 2021 05:06AM
How can one get a full dose for a booster?

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 05, 2021 05:35AM
Sam3

I have heard you can ask. YMMV.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 05, 2021 07:08AM
Racer X
Sam3

They told us at the Novant facility where we got our booster last week that Pfizer's booster was a full dose and Moderna's booster was a half dose.

Grateful11
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: December 05, 2021 08:07AM
Scheduled for Booster and Flu shot on Monday Dec 13.
Appointments around here (Minneapolis) are booked out there a bit.
At least for convenient times and locations.
I guess that is a good thing?

Steve
Date: December 05, 2021 09:02AM
Grateful11
Racer X
Sam3

They told us at the Novant facility where we got our booster last week that Pfizer's booster was a full dose and Moderna's booster was a half dose.

Oh... maybe I should have stuck with Pfizer. I'm now worried that by getting the Moderna booster I'm actually more susceptible, due to the faster weakening of the original Pfizer and the lesser amount of Moderna in the booster.

--Frank Zappa
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 05, 2021 11:16AM
Sam3
Oh... maybe I should have stuck with Pfizer. I'm now worried that by getting the Moderna booster I'm actually more susceptible, due to the faster weakening of the original Pfizer and the lesser amount of Moderna in the booster.

The Moderna vaccine was already more potent to begin with. Maybe someone can run the numbers and determine which is more potent after halving the Moderna.

Posted by: davester
Date: December 05, 2021 12:08PM
Sam3

I think that you are misunderstanding how vaccines work. The Pfizer vaccine is not sitting around in your body for very long. In fact, the mRNA particles in it are incredibly fragile (which is why they need complicated refrigeration protocols to preserve them prior to injection) and break down completely and are gone from your system within a few days (except for Bill Gates' microchips and 5G transmitters). Shortly after you were injected with the vaccine your body reacted to its presence by activating natural immune responses that were tailored to the virus's spike protein. Immune system cells subsequently "remember" this response for a long time but the memory starts to fade with time when no additional spike proteins show up in the form of the virus. Getting another shot, either Moderna or Pfizer refreshes this memory. It really doesn't matter which one. Also, as mattkime pointed out, the original Moderna shot was already more potent than Pfizer so you are unlikely to have a lesser immune response because you switched vaccines.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2021 12:11PM by davester.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2021 04:30AM
Sam3

I did it by not telling the provider I had been vaccinated.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: December 07, 2021 03:48AM
Thanks, all!

--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020