advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
‘Where is Ron DeSantis?’
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 31, 2021 04:10PM
Missing for two weeks while COVID45 surges. We know how he loves publicly criticizing Pres. Biden.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

As Florida reported nearly 47,000 new coronavirus cases, again shattering its single-day record since the start of the pandemic, Democrats and critics called on Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to do more to address the state’s spike in infections driven by the highly transmissible omicron variant.

The state on Wednesday reported 46,923 new cases from Tuesday, as the omicron surge nearly doubled Florida’s previous peak over the summer. The state, which broke the record for new daily infections that was just set on Christmas Eve, is averaging more than 30,300 new coronavirus cases a day, according to data tracked by The Washington Post — second in the nation to New York.

While deaths continue to decline in Florida — an average of 18 a day as of Wednesday — the number of cases has exploded by 182 percent compared with the previous seven-day period. Florida now has reported 4 million total cases since the pandemic began, joining California and Texas as the only states with at least 4 million coronavirus infections since 2020.

Amid the surge, some in the state have argued that DeSantis, who recently signed multiple bills into law to curtail vaccine and mask mandates, has not done enough to help against the omicron variant. Orange County, Fla., Mayor Jerry Demings (D) said at a news conference this week that counties have yet to receive funding for increased coronavirus testing during the holidays. He also questioned why DeSantis has been largely absent during the state’s record-breaking period.

“We have not received any assistance from the state of Florida at our testing sites,” he said on Tuesday. “Our residents, all Florida residents, should be outraged and they should ask the question, ‘Where is our state? Where is our governor? Where is Ron DeSantis now?’”

DeSantis, one of the most prominent Republican critics of President Biden’s handling of the pandemic, has not made a public appearance since a Dec. 17 news conference, according to Florida Politics. DeSantis also appeared on Fox News on Dec. 19, saying that he had yet to receive a coronavirus booster shot.

“I’ve done whatever I did, the normal shot, and that at the end of the day is people’s individual decisions about what they want to do,” the governor told Fox News host Maria Bartiromo at the time.

Here’s what you need to know about these at-home tests, including where to get them, how they work and when to take them. (The Washington Post)
Christina Pushaw, a spokeswoman for DeSantis, told The Washington Post on Thursday that the omicron variant is responsible for most of the new cases in Florida, adding that many of the new infections appear to be “asymptomatic or mild.” She noted how states such as California and New York are also breaking records for new infections, saying it is “evident that the vaccine passports, mask mandates and other heavy-handed government interventions did not achieve their stated goals.”

“In Florida, we are continuing to emphasize the importance of early treatment and doing everything possible to expand access to clinically effective treatments,” Pushaw said in a statement. “Governor DeSantis is not imposing any mandates or lockdown policies that have already proven ineffective in other parts of the country.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘Where is Ron DeSantis?’
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 31, 2021 04:21PM
Hiking the Appalachian trail?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 31, 2021 04:38PM
California has 68 cases per 100,000
Florida has 171 cases per 100,000

Both are about 62% vaccinated, the only difference is those pesky mandates.

[www.nytimes.com]

but as someone living in DeathSantis's Reich, I am happiest when he is missing.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 04:44PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 31, 2021 05:06PM
Fox news to the rescue!

'Ron DeSantis accompanied wife to cancer treatment while critics claimed he was 'missing'' [www.foxnews.com]

very clever...
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 31, 2021 06:50PM
If his wife has cancer, why doesn’t he say so? His strategy now is not very good for his political future.
Date: December 31, 2021 07:05PM
Dennis S
If his wife has cancer, why doesn’t he say so? His strategy now is not very good for his political future.

He and his handlers would disagree with you.

Posted by: hal
Date: December 31, 2021 07:26PM
he announced the cancer back in Oct

He's been AWOL for two weeks and they put out the press release today mentioning that the Mrs had an appt on the 29th and that explains why he hasn't been seen. hmmmmm.... I say.
Posted by: bfd
Date: December 31, 2021 07:32PM
Life happens. Apparently, he's not such a monster that he can't drop everything to support his wife.
Date: December 31, 2021 07:47PM
bfd
Life happens. Apparently, he's not such a monster that he can't drop everything to support his wife.

Hmmmm. He and his get help, others, not so much.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 31, 2021 07:49PM
Speedy
Dennis S

He and his handlers would disagree with you.

and, unfortunately, election results.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 31, 2021 07:49PM
bfd

Well he’s an idiot if he doesn’t mention this.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 31, 2021 07:54PM
Dennis S
Well he’s an idiot if he doesn’t mention this.

news?

at least he appears to have a little empathy

!#$@@$#!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 07:58PM by Fritz.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 31, 2021 08:26PM
hal
Fox news to the rescue!

'Ron DeSantis accompanied wife to cancer treatment while critics claimed he was 'missing'' [www.foxnews.com]

very clever...

So, is his wife hospitalized? Usually not necessary for adjuvant chemo for breast cancer - typically an outpatient treatment taking a couple hours.

That would likely depress her immune system, however. Odd choice for her husband to not take a Covid booster.

Well, he probably has other things on his mind.

RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 31, 2021 10:03PM
Apparently, he's not such a monster that he can't drop everything to support his wife.

Still a monster.

It would have been ironic if he was secretly being treated for COVID.

Actually, I was hoping that was the case.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 01, 2022 08:00AM
So has the Guv been enjoying some paid family leave? He supports that for all Floridians, right?

Oh, and as chief executive of his state, the citizens have a right to know where he is 365 days a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 08:00AM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 01, 2022 02:23PM
Still blows me away that this guy won.
Date: January 01, 2022 04:35PM
I'm in Fla for a couple more days.
No surprise to me from here in the boonies (anywhere but MIA and maybe Gainesville).
I see F... Biden flags on pick ups every day.

!#$@@$#!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 04:35PM by Fritz.
Date: January 01, 2022 04:51PM
vision63
Still blows me away that this guy won.

He’ll win by a much bigger margin in 2022.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 04, 2022 12:38AM
Fritz
No surprise to me from here in the boonies (anywhere but MIA and maybe Gainesville).

Washington State is a lot like that. I think only 3 of the 39 counties are Blue. But the most populous by a LARGE margin are those 3. The rest of the state doesn't count. Literally.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 04, 2022 01:35AM
A majority is still a majority. Also, "land doesn't vote."

Posted by: Sam3
Date: January 04, 2022 03:52AM
Fritz

What do the colors represent, specifically beige? I can pretty much surmise that red and pink are Republican and blue, light blue are Democrat, but what is beige? Monroe County, which includes the Keys, always seemed progressive.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Date: January 04, 2022 06:21AM
"What do the colors represent, specifically beige? "
antivaxers

!#$@@$#!
Date: January 04, 2022 02:59PM
Maybe someone could start an antivaxxer political party separate from the GQP. Split the vote a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 71
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020