advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Is Bolsonaro a bigger right wing idiot than Trump? (we offer proof)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 06, 2022 06:10PM
Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro is lashing out at a recent decision by Anvisa, the country’s health regulatory agency, allowing children to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

The controversial far-right leader, who says he’s not vaccinated, spoke about the issue during a radio interview to Radio Nova, in the northeast state of Pernambuco on Thursday, saying that he hasn’t heard of any children dying of COVID-19, contradicting official data from his own government.

“I ask [all the listeners],” he said during the interview. “Are you aware of a child aged 5 to 11 who has died of COVID? I’m not. In front of me, there are about 10 people here, if anyone has [heard of it], raise your arm. Nobody raised an arm in front of me,” he added.

According to the national council of state health secretaries, more than 300 children, aged 5 to 11, have died in Brazil from the beginning of the pandemic until December.
Paid Post
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is Bolsonaro a bigger right wing idiot than Trump? (we offer proof)
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 07, 2022 06:52AM
Brazil does have a population of over 200 million... So while yes there are statistics that show that children have died, it is also not that misleading to say "no children have died." It would be better if Bolsonaro were less mealy mouthed about it relying on folksy common wisdom nonsense, and instead just stated "almost no children have died" and then polling to see whether anyone in the group knew one of the one in more than ten thousand kids who fell ill and died from Covid (and in all likelihood had other conditions that led to their unfortunate demise.)

It's still tragic and heartbreaking for those parents and their support networks... It's precisely the same kind of loose talk Trump engages in, and they're both pretty big idiots, because they should recognize that empathy and compassion would carry them further than denialism.

g=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2022 06:53AM by gabester.
Re: Is Bolsonaro a bigger right wing idiot than Trump? (we offer proof)
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 07, 2022 08:37AM
Haven’t you heard that folksy common wisdom nonsense is all the rage these days?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 416
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020