Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
And extremely sad couple of days
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 08, 2022 12:50PM
Detectives identify victims of double homicide at Tulare and Peach in Fresno
[kmph.com]

I've known Melba since she was a 17 year old freshman at Chico State back in 1980. I'd already been there since 1977. I've been close to her family ever since then.

She started an events planning and execution business in 2005 and asked me to join it that day. Basically, it's a side business for me. This woman knew how to make money. A bigger than life person with a huge smile and effervescent personality. All I ever had to do was plug into a fully planned event and do my work.

We got to hire tons of our friends and their children as helpers and it's been a real blessing.

Her father, Mel was like a second dad to me. He was a minister and a real estate entrepreneur. He owned many properties. He taught me how to acquire properties without even necessarily having the money. The man could flip a property. I loved him and his wife Della (who passed 10 years ago).

They're in Fresno. Yesterday morning I got a call from Melba's sister Julia. I braced myself for her to tell me about her father passing as he's been ill. I was floored when he told me Melba and Mel were killed in a homicide. I am just blown away.

Melba has 3 kids. I called her husband (former husband but they're still close) to tell him that my heart was with him. I also had to call the girls that they share (grown with their own kids) and it was just crushing.

The pandemic has really destroyed the event business but just last week she was telling me about plans for the spring and summer. She was geeked about getting out there if we could. I always enjoy my time with her. She always elevated me and made me feel more special than I am.

There's more to this that isn't mentioned in the news stories. But I can't talk about that yet.

My best friend from college, Candis is her sister in law. Yesterday, Candis and I talked for hours. We're tired. We've lost so many of our close people in the last couple of years. Our moms, our brothers, 4 of my childhood best buddies, my sports fanatic buddies Teddy Ted and Johnny are gone and Fred (Fast Fred) had a stroke and is in a nursing home. My boys that rooted alongside me the Lakers, Dodgers, Rams and Kings from when we were in Junior High School. We caught the bus to Dodgers stadium super early to catch fly balls. Now when I go to Dodgers games it's just me sitting there and that @#$%& sucks.

When I go down to L.A., where I grew up it's like driving around a graveyard. I love L.A., but it's hard to be there.

I am so upset. I can't believe we have to lose our sweet baby Melba and her dad in such a vicious way. They did not deserve this. Rest in Heaven darling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2022 12:56PM by vision63.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: And extremely sad couple of days
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 08, 2022 01:02PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. What a horrible tragedy.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 08, 2022 01:06PM
That sounds just horrible.
I am so sorry for you and her family.
That is a great picture of her.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 08, 2022 01:08PM
I am truly saddened for your, and her family's loss. My mother died when my youngest was was <3, so I truly grieve for her grandchildren, and Mel's great grandchildren, who were robbed!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 08, 2022 01:27PM
Oh, man, I am so sorry. We (me) have been going through a lot of this lately, although I've not posted about any of it (yet). My sincere condolences. The best I can say is that you're not alone in grief.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 08, 2022 01:43PM
That has got to be so tough for you. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2022 01:43PM by Ted King.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 08, 2022 02:53PM
This is indeed horrible news. Hoping you can eventually find the silver lining somewhere - you're usually pretty good at that - but it's not going to be at all quick or easy with a loss like this.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 08, 2022 03:43PM
So sorry for your loss vision…

Do be kind to yourself.

=wr=
Posted by: davester
Date: January 08, 2022 10:38PM
So sorry to hear that vision. You are the light of the forum so I am saddened by seeing your bright disposition have to endure such a dark time. You have my deepest sympathy and wishes for you to return to the light.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 08, 2022 11:38PM
My sincerest condolences. She seems to have been a jewel in your life.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 08, 2022 11:43PM
V63, I’m so saddened to read of this tragedy. I hope justice is done for Melba, and peace finds you.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 09, 2022 12:22AM
So many losses for you and these sound particularly tragic. I'm very sorry. Please accept my condolences. May they rest in peace.

Posted by: Janit
Date: January 09, 2022 05:22AM
My their memories be a blessing.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 09, 2022 11:38AM
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your friends.

Thank you for sharing more about these lives, taken too soon. Melba in her prime. Mel with many years behind him but still so much to enjoy every day. Who murders a 90 year old? What a tragedy.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 09, 2022 04:09PM
Dang, that does put the 'extreme' in extremely sad.
So sorry all around.
==
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 09, 2022 05:02PM
So sorry for your loss.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 09, 2022 05:54PM
My heart aches for your loss, vision63. It's hard enough losing those we love much less under such horrid, violent circumstances. No one deserves this.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: August West
Date: January 09, 2022 06:31PM
Condolences, vision. confused smiley

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020