advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I had to drive to four stores to find eggs today...
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: January 09, 2022 04:15PM
They all looked like this:

[twitter.com]

Omicron.

Per this story, shelves are expected to be bare intermittently thru mid or late 2022.
[www.11alive.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I had to drive to four stores to find eggs today...
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 09, 2022 04:22PM
We went to the Publix this morning because I felt it would be less crowded at 10:30 on a Sunday and there were definitely some totally bare spots.
Cream cheese is still hit or miss, it was miss today, and there were some other shelves that were empty.
I got what I needed, but I will be glad when things are better.
Only two check out lanes open also.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 09, 2022 04:54PM
About a week and a half ago I was surprise that a grocery store in NC was out of eggs but I was there at about 9pm. They said they restock every day.

I'm very lucky to be buying eggs from some enterprising 4H kids. I'm not sure how long their girls will keep laying.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 09, 2022 05:03PM
Tiangou

[twitter.com]

Omicron.

Per this story, shelves are expected to be bare intermittently thru mid or late 2022.
[www.11alive.com]

Could the recent snow storm also be a factor?

Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 09, 2022 05:17PM
Wish you lived closer. Jimmy up the hill has a few hens producing very well. We have over 4 dozen in the fridge, although refrigeration is optional for fresh eggs.
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 09, 2022 05:20PM
There was one day a few weeks ago where at least two of the Costco's that I checked in my area were out of Rotisserie Chickens. They said that they didn't receive any that day.

Luckily the next day they seemed back to normal.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: January 09, 2022 05:36PM
AllGold
Tiangou

[twitter.com]

Omicron.

[www.11alive.com]

Could the recent snow storm also be a factor?

News agencies all seem in accord that it's supply-chain problems made worse to the x-power by Omicron taking so much of the workforce out so quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2022 05:36PM by Tiangou.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 10, 2022 02:28AM
GGD
There was one day a few weeks ago where at least two of the Costco's that I checked in my area were out of Rotisserie Chickens. They said that they didn't receive any that day.

Luckily the next day they seemed back to normal.

Consider yourself lucky if your Costco still offers rotisserie chickens — many locations haven’t had them for weeks, including mine.

[www.mashed.com]

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 10, 2022 09:21AM
deckeda
Wish you lived closer. Jimmy up the hill has a few hens producing very well. We have over 4 dozen in the fridge, although refrigeration is optional for fresh eggs.

Unwashed eggs.

Freshness is irrelevant.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 10, 2022 11:25AM
My Publix didn't get their Thursday delivery, so when I went Friday they were out of half the stuff on my list. Took trips to two other stores to get everything.

First world problem for sure. Really appreciate the drivers, pickers, growers, and store staff who keep us fed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2022 11:25AM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: davester
Date: January 10, 2022 03:10PM
This must be a regional thing. All the stores are fully stocked here in northern California.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 10, 2022 05:09PM
Dole expanded their December product recall to include all products containing iceberg lettuce. That might account for the empty produce shelves.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 10, 2022 09:37PM
I wanted ginger ale with orange sherbet (well, I really want Orange Ice but that's a Philly thing only, alas) because I am sick.
I cannot get ginger ale and I cannot get orange sherbet. I guess everyone around here has the same childhood memory I do. confused smiley

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 10, 2022 10:27PM
No problems so far in the DC area. Local Safeway only has Lucerne butter, though. Other grocery stores have plenty of other butter.....
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 11, 2022 11:59AM
$tevie
I wanted ginger ale with orange sherbet (well, I really want Orange Ice but that's a Philly thing only, alas) because I am sick.
I cannot get ginger ale and I cannot get orange sherbet. I guess everyone around here has the same childhood memory I do. confused smiley

$stevie, sorry to hear you are sick, hope you're better soon!

I loved ginger ale floats as a kid. Now I want one....
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 11, 2022 03:52PM
Mentioned this to the wife, who found that Sam’s wouldn’t let her order eggs online (for pick up).

But they had them at the store. So we’re set.
Posted by: clay
Date: January 11, 2022 09:28PM
Lemon Drop

never heard of those. I love root beer floats, but never thought about ginger ale instead. Vanilla ice cream used in those as well? Might be worth a try...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 11, 2022 10:31PM
Lemon Drop
$tevie

$stevie, sorry to hear you are sick, hope you're better soon!

Thank you, Lemon. I picked up what I hope is a real bad cold while visiting my sister, so I'm monitoring my oxygen and temperature and I'm really pretty sure it's just a miserable cold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020