advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Senator Dirty Coal (D) W. Va.
Posted by: Spock
Date: January 12, 2022 07:30AM
The corrupt Manchin gets eviscerated in this Rolling Stone deep dive that exposes his grift.

Build Back Better never stood a chance.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Senator Dirty Coal (D) W. Va.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 12, 2022 07:56AM
Yeah, I tend to believe he never intended to vote for it; it was just an opportunity to burnish his “conservative” credentials among his voter base.

Pretty cynical, I know. But I have trouble seeing it any other way based on his actions.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: January 12, 2022 08:23AM
Question is this: Are West Virginians going to wise up and choose someone else as one of their senators?
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: January 12, 2022 08:56AM
Lizabeth
Question is this: Are West Virginians going to wise up and choose someone else as one of their senators?

Are republican voters every going to wise up and figure out that the entire republican machine is a grift that exploits the worst elements of humanity for the enrichment and entrenchment of power for a small group of sociopathic elites?

Posted by: bfd
Date: January 12, 2022 10:28AM
West Virginia? Where just about everyone has a couch on their front porch? And seriously, no school is better at throwing batteries and bags of urine than WVU. These people are going to suddenly "wise up? facepalm

Think there's any exaggeration here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2022 10:31AM by bfd.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2022 11:00AM
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 12, 2022 12:45PM
He'd be so much happier if he'd just come out of the closet and admit he's a Republican.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 12, 2022 01:37PM
Speaking of WVa:

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, a Republican who's strongly advocated for vaccines, has tested positive for COVID-19, enduring a high fever and extremely elevated blood pressure and heart rate.

Advocated for vaccines, yay! But fought vaccine (and mask) mandates, boo!

Last week, as COVID-19 cases in West Virginia skyrocketed, Justice said, "I absolutely do not think it's time to put in a mask mandate," according to the Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

Oh well. What’s the worst that could happen?

"I feel extremely unwell at this point, and I have no choice but to postpone my State of the State address to the Legislature," he said in a statement Tuesday.

…As Justice battles COVID-19, he's now isolating at home and receiving a monoclonal antibody treatment per his doctors' recommendation, his office said.

That would be an IV treatment, which apparently you can get in your own home…if you’re governor. Nice gig if you can get it.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2022 03:32PM
pdq
Nice gig if you can get it.

They are all worth millions and drive Maseratis.

See my earlier post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020