advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DeSantis/Trump brawl about to kick into high gear
Posted by: hal
Date: January 14, 2022 12:15PM
Meanwhile in the post-truth world...

DeSantis is going after Trump for being a covid 'hawk'. This after Trump called DeSantis cowardly for not stating his vax status publicly.

Manu Raju (CNN):

DeSantis says one of his biggest regrets was not speaking out "louder" on Trump admin calls for lock down during the pandemic. "And I think it knowing now what I know, then if that was a threat earlier, I would have been much louder." About 32 mins in:

https://ruthlesspodcast.com/episodes/ron-desantis-gets-ruthless
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DeSantis/Trump brawl about to kick into high gear
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 14, 2022 12:56PM
Attempts to out-lie TFG must be the end game. The only pathway to election is to be more insane than whomever came before.

But any Republican criticizing TDG is a net win. So I’ll take it gladly, and ask for seconds.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 14, 2022 01:18PM
I agree, the more crazies in the race (and there is no lack) makes it easier by far for a more sane candidate to emerge. But I've been wrong about the level of crazy before!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 14, 2022 01:27PM
If I had to choose between DeSantis and Trump in an election... I'd drink bleach.

Seriously though, I'd have to go with Trump. Desantis is Trump on steroids, just as nuts but far more adept at politics. Trump wants to be a dictator, DeSantis knows how to become one.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 14, 2022 01:36PM
Ombligo
If I had to choose between DeSantis and Trump in an election... I'd drink bleach.

Seriously though, I'd have to go with Trump. Desantis is Trump on steroids, just as nuts but far more adept at politics. Trump wants to be a dictator, DeSantis knows how to become one.

tough call... I'm terrified of Trump's instability. He had to be talked down from some pretty crazy ideas in his first term - there won't be anyone sane left if he gets another term.

I'm leaning towards bleach...
Date: January 14, 2022 02:52PM
Well, you would not have to choose between either of those two, unless you were forced to vote in a Republican caucus.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 14, 2022 03:15PM
mrbigstuff
Well, you would not have to choose between either of those two, unless you were forced to vote in a Republican caucus.

I live in a county where if you are not Republican you don't get to vote. The Dems have not put any local candidates up in the last two election cycles. So I've sat out the last two primaries and watched decent Republicans lose to loonies. I'm not doing that a third time.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Michael
Date: January 14, 2022 06:52PM
Ombligo
mrbigstuff

I live in a county where if you are not Republican you don't get to vote. The Dems have not put any local candidates up in the last two election cycles. So I've sat out the last two primaries and watched decent Republicans lose to loonies. I'm not doing that a third time.

If only a bunch of Dems would vote in the Repub primary in NW GA and support anybody who runs against Marjorie Taylor Greene, our representative. Maybe somebody could cancel her ticket. Literally anybody would be better.
Date: January 15, 2022 12:39PM
Ombligo
mrbigstuff

Wow. I live in a Democratic party controlled state and the Rs always put up some sacrificial lamb.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 18, 2022 05:34PM
I keep hoping to wake up from a very long bad dream .....

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is walking, standing or sleeping on my keyboard.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 18, 2022 09:01PM
Ombligo, you should run. Your slogan could be, “I won’t have two hands in the till like my opponent.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020