advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
So, my partner's dumbass anti-vax brother..... well, guess what?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 14, 2022 06:49PM
smiley-laughing001

He has been incredibly sick at home for a week. Nearest OK hospital 40 miles away. Good ones about 80.

Hope he doesn't die, or kill off his anti-vax son, or too-young to be vaxed grandson. His wife quietly got vaccinated this summer, and I think boosted by now. She has some serious underlying medical issues.

He spent time with his mom on her death bed, dying from COVID Dec 2020. Still didn't make the obvious choice. She would have smacked him silly if she were alive.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 06:50PM by Racer X.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So, my partner's dumbass anti-vax brother..... well, guess what?
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 14, 2022 07:14PM
That's too bad. I feel for the people who have to take care of him, especially those in healthcare.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 14, 2022 07:14PM
Tough call but I guess I will wish him a slow and painful recovery, mainly because of his experience with his mother.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: January 14, 2022 07:38PM
Darwinism works...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 14, 2022 07:50PM
The true test is what he says if/when he recovers. That stubborn a-hole will likely still deny that the vaccine is a good idea. But he gets tetanus shots regularly working as a construction foreman/master welder.

Just not THIS vaccine. Idiot.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 14, 2022 08:17PM
Ya kan't fix stoopid.
==
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 14, 2022 08:38PM
lost in space
That's too bad. I feel for the people who have to take care of him, especially those in healthcare.

As one of those people, it is BS like this (not getting vax ) that angers me the most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 08:38PM by p8712.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 14, 2022 09:15PM
you can fix stoopit, but it ain't legal. So muthuh nature & Darwin do it for us.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is walking, standing or sleeping on my keyboard.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2022 11:22PM
Tying up a hospital bed? Stand by you beliefs! Sign that DNR!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: testcase
Date: January 15, 2022 12:58AM
Buzz
Ya kan't fix stoopid.
==

DEATH "fixes" stoopid.

Sadly, death often doesn't come fast enough. boink smiley
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 15, 2022 08:28AM
In the newspaper today:

The United States is already "languishing,’’ with a 60% vaccination rate, near the bottom of peer nations, said Lawrence Gostin, a public health law expert at Georgetown University.

“The OSHA rule was truly the president’s last best shot at significantly boosting the vaccination rate,’’ Gostin said. But the court, “in a very highly partisan way, intentionally tried to handcuff the president in doing what he needs to do.’’

Well, he did what he could. Don’t blame him, blame SCOTUS.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 15, 2022 10:46AM
Hope he makes it through. Don’t expect the experience to change him. If anything the rationalization will occur that he didn’t need it to survive AND avoided the “dangers” of the vax.

I really think the only chance with these people is if you somehow convince them of everyone around them they’ll hurt, but that’s obviously a stretch.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 15, 2022 01:06PM
Insurance companies should make vaccination a requirement for any Covid coverage.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Michael
Date: January 15, 2022 02:35PM
Ombligo
Insurance companies should make vaccination a requirement for any Covid coverage.

Our university system is self-insured for health insurance and is administered by a health insurance company. Years ago they looked into not providing insurance to people who smoked. That apparently wasn't possible (according to the lawyers) so instead they increased the cost of insurance by $100 a month for each individual on a policy that used any tobacco products, at all, in the previous year. I used to smoke maybe 2 or 3 cigars a year. That was the end of it. I'd bet having a no-vaccination $100 a month surcharge on health insurance with a mandated line on the bill showing the extra $100 each month would go a long way toward convincing the unconvinced that vaccinations are worthwhile. It would surely make a bunch of them angry, but, oh well!
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 15, 2022 03:20PM
Michael
Ombligo

Our university system is self-insured for health insurance and is administered by a health insurance company. Years ago they looked into not providing insurance to people who smoked. That apparently wasn't possible (according to the lawyers) so instead they increased the cost of insurance by $100 a month for each individual on a policy that used any tobacco products, at all, in the previous year. I used to smoke maybe 2 or 3 cigars a year. That was the end of it. I'd bet having a no-vaccination $100 a month surcharge on health insurance with a mandated line on the bill showing the extra $100 each month would go a long way toward convincing the unconvinced that vaccinations are worthwhile. It would surely make a bunch of them angry, but, oh well!

State Farm watching you buy cigars

Posted by: August West
Date: January 15, 2022 05:27PM
jest smiley

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 15, 2022 06:32PM
deckeda
Hope he makes it through. Don’t expect the experience to change him. If anything the rationalization will occur that he didn’t need it to survive AND avoided the “dangers” of the vax.

I really think the only chance with these people is if you somehow convince them of everyone around them they’ll hurt, but that’s obviously a stretch.

I don’t think they’ll do that. I think virtual all of them have mild narcissism or worse and other people getting hurt will not phase them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020