advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I'm going to be really 8!$$ed off if I can't get my surgery.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 14, 2022 07:18PM
I was scheduled for urgent cancer surgery on Wednesday, Jan 12, but got word the day before it was postponed. Then I found out the hospital I would recover in is packed full of covid patients. Now the date is Thu, Jan 20. I am going to be livid if it gets put off again. /rant

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I'm going to be really 8!$$ed off if I can't get my surgery.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 14, 2022 07:22PM
Gosh, lost, I hope it happens on the 20th. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 14, 2022 07:37PM
Your anger is understandable. Hope you can get the care you need very soon. These are rough times
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 14, 2022 07:43PM
I hope that you can get the care you need and you recover well. Reports show that this surge is slowing down…
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 14, 2022 07:48PM
I have been struggling with a damaged neck since Nov 2016. Getting treatment for the last almost 2 years is REALLY pissing me off.

I literally feel your pain.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 14, 2022 07:58PM
"...yeah, but MY FREEDOM is more important than your suffering."

e pluribus unum
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 14, 2022 08:02PM
I'm so sorry to hear it.
Same thing happened with my wife's cancer surgery last year. In the end it all turned out all right, but having to delay cancer surgery is intensely stressful - let alone if it's urgent.

I wish you all the best through this.
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 14, 2022 08:18PM
Bet none if those anti-vaxers are denying aid when they can't breathe.

sad smiley

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 14, 2022 08:23PM
Invite the heathen unvaxxed among 'em to the Fargo Wood Chipper Party, that oughta free up ample space for your recovery....

==
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2022 11:19PM
Making the refusal to vaccinate the equivalent of a DNR is looking better and better!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: JoeH
Date: January 15, 2022 12:28AM
Sorry you have to wait, from my own cancer experience 11 years ago I know the waiting can be as stressful as actually getting treatment.

My father is also waiting on surgery until the hospitals are less tied up with COVID patients. He had a heart valve replacement about 10 years ago, and it is reaching its end of good function. So he needs that replaced again soon, medication can only deal with some of the symptoms.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 15, 2022 08:41AM
Another Covid item in the paper today:

[Arizona has instituted] two state programs that are meant to help schools and students but that direct funding away from jurisdictions with mask requirements. Arizona's Education Plus-Up Grant Program provides $163 million in funding to schools, but districts that require face coverings are ineligible. And its COVID-19 Educational Recovery Benefit Program provides for up to $7,000 for parents if their child’s school requires face coverings or quarantines after exposure. It lets parents use the money for private school tuition [to move their child to other, less COVID-concerned schools]… Also last week, the governor created a third program that is likely to run afoul of Treasury Department spending rules. It is another $10 million school voucher program for parents whose children’s schools close for even one day after Jan. 2 due to COVID-19.

Nice. Biden + team are threatening to claw back federal Covid-relief funds, since AZ is taking that money and turning around and funding these things that directly discourage public-health efforts to fight Covid.

As it turns out, these Arizona programs driven by local Republican politicians aren’t very popular:

The program has had few takers, despite Republican Gov. Doug Ducey’s office touting it as a response to an outcry from parents. As of last week, only 85 students were getting the vouchers and less than $600,000 of the $10 million had been allocated.

Once again, conservative fantasy world-view collides with reality. Unsurprisingly, few parents want their kids sent to schools that are avoiding simple public-health measures.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 15, 2022 02:18PM
Florida hospitals are in a bind - SCOTUS has approved mandates on them with Medicare/Medicaid cutoff if vaccinations are not required. Meanwhile, DeathSantis has told hospitals that the state would enforce its no mandate law with a $50,000 per day fine.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2022 02:19PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 15, 2022 11:41PM
Ombligo
Florida hospitals are in a bind - SCOTUS has approved mandates on them with Medicare/Medicaid cutoff if vaccinations are not required. Meanwhile, DeathSantis has told hospitals that the state would enforce its no mandate law with a $50,000 per day fine.

Easy enough to make room for DeathSantis at the FWCP, too..., that's kinda what the Party's all about; making space.
cool smiley
==
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 17, 2022 07:43AM
Ted King
"...yeah, but MY FREEDOM is more important than your suffering."

But my rights! It's all about my RIGHTS!

But what about your responsib...

LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020