advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Terror trucks heading to DC
Posted by: hal
Date: February 22, 2022 10:53PM
Truck convoy organizer eyes DC Beltway shutdown

"I'll give you an analogy of that of a giant boa constrictor," Bolus said to Fox5. "That basically squeezes you, chokes you and it swallows you, and that's what we're going to do D.C."

so, of course... National guard troops to be deployed in DC as trucker convoy protests loom

Just get your damned shot and stop being such a baby!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Terror trucks heading to DC
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 22, 2022 11:23PM
I kind of wish those antivax truckers would convoy through one of those states that passed laws saying it was ok to run down protestors blocking an interstate.

Heck maybe even crowdsource funding a mad max style vehicle to cut through all the roadblocking trucks' cabs and trailers.... preferably with an audible warning to clear the road or meet your doom.

g=
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 23, 2022 12:41AM
My favorite quote on the topic -

Imagine using truck stop bathrooms but drawing the line at vaccines.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 23, 2022 01:32AM
Political theater staged for the benefit of FOX, Newsmax, OAN and their affiliates.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 23, 2022 05:18AM
I first heard about the convoy protest yesterday from a tweet by the Embassy of Latvia to the USA. If foreign embassies are warning people who need their services about the disruption that is planned, you know that things are getting out of hand.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: February 23, 2022 07:23AM
Truckers in Canada shut down Ottawa over COVID-19 mandates, but Bolus, a long time Trump Supporter, says issues here are more wide-ranging, from fuel prices to school vaccine requirements to immigration.

That's putting it nicely.

I saw the organizer interviewed.

He's not a good speaker.

From what I can tell, they're protesting "illegal immigrants" and black people "taking our jobs," and something about there not being enough white people in this country, and the prosecutions of police who murder black people, and defunding police. He trailed off into a series of grunts, but I heard "the wall" and "Trump" a few times.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 23, 2022 07:30AM
There are many avenues (no pun intended) for White grievance to manifest.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 23, 2022 07:34AM
gabester
I kind of wish those antivax truckers would convoy through one of those states that passed laws saying it was ok to run down protestors blocking an interstate.

goodone

e pluribus unum
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 23, 2022 08:11AM
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 23, 2022 08:59AM
Yeah, the folks behind the Canadian protest were mostly the usual right-wing-cranks.

Being a good Canadian, Trudeau gave them plenty of leeway. I don’t think Biden/DC needs to be as accommodating. To my knowledge, the BLM protestors never blocked any highway for more than a couple hours at a time (at least around here).

They have a right to protest, but not in such a way as to f-up other people’s lives indefinitely. If they do so, start towing involved trucks to impound where they can buy them out like the rest of us would be expected to if we left our vehicles parked illegally.
Posted by: steve...
Date: February 23, 2022 09:45AM
pdq
They have a right to protest, but not in such a way as to f-up other people’s lives indefinitely. If they do so, start towing involved trucks to impound where they can buy them out like the rest of us would be expected to if we left our vehicles parked illegally.

I also don't think taking away their truck-driver licenses would be out of line.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 23, 2022 09:54AM
It's not a real protest until it stands in the face of tear gas, pepper spray, police dogs, water cannons, rubber bullets and armed white teenage peace-keepers.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 23, 2022 10:04AM
Hmm…. If I go buy an AR and shoot me some Maganauts will I get away with it ?
Date: February 23, 2022 10:08AM
Acer
It's not a real protest until it stands in the face of tear gas, pepper spray, police dogs, water cannons, rubber bullets and armed white teenage peace-keepers.

You're right - someone get Rittenhouse on the scene to protect the rights of property owners and commuters inconvenienced by this blockade!

g=
Date: February 23, 2022 10:13AM
cbelt3
Hmm…. If I go buy an AR and shoot me some Maganauts will I get away with it ?
'

If you do it, do it in a state that allows you to run down protesters blocking an interstate and has fervent "stand your ground" protections... then YES... you're "standing your ground" by maintaining your vehicle's speed as you approach the illegal blockage and open fire!

g=
Posted by: numbered
Date: February 23, 2022 10:39AM
steve...
I also don't think taking away their truck-driver licenses would be out of line.

I have seen serious discussions in Canada about selling the impounded trucks to cover enforcement expenses. Forfeiture is a horrible scam, but might very well become a thing if the truckers are not careful.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 23, 2022 12:24PM
The 'convoy' is on the way!!!

Posted by: bfd
Date: February 23, 2022 02:08PM
Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy…

'Cause we got a mighty convoy
Rockin' through the night
Yeah, we got a mighty convoy
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way
We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
'Cross the USA
smiley_gun_sniper
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 24, 2022 09:59PM
A lot of DC is truck restricted. I remember when the legal height limit in DC was 12’ 6”. Now it is 13’ 6” matching most states. These are a bunch of clowns. Most can’t afford to go to DC in their trucks given the miserable rates they are paid from brokers, especially CH Robinson. I suppose, like in Canada, they may be being backed by a few rich folks.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020