advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“ You know who I am? “
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 28, 2022 09:47AM
“ GOP House Candidate Seen Berating Cop, Calling Her 'Immigrant' During Traffic Stop “

[www.huffpost.com]

Video:

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 10:02AM by btfc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “‘ You know who I am? “
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 28, 2022 10:01AM
Wow, what an @#$%&!
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: February 28, 2022 10:03AM
"Hyde was a former professional soccer player in the UK..."

OK, then. That explains a lot.
Re: “ You know who I am? “
Posted by: Janit
Date: February 28, 2022 10:25AM
btfc
“ GOP House Candidate Seen Berating Cop, Calling Her 'Immigrant' During Traffic Stop “

[www.huffpost.com]

Video:

[m.youtube.com]

Turned into who he WAS:

Further confirming that Hyde would be dropping out of the race is a quote Hyde’s consultant, the notorious Roger Stone, gave to the Herald-Tribune.

“I got a message indirectly from him last night that he had decided to withdraw his candidacy,” said Stone.

[floridapolitics.com]
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 28, 2022 10:29AM
S. Pupp
"Hyde was a former professional soccer player in the UK..."

OK, then. That explains a lot.

“Is it his UK immigrant status that makes him treat people like this?”

When Beskin returned to Hyde’s vehicle with a citation, he told her he’d called her supervisor.

“I just spoke to your boss,” he said. “Is it your Russian immigrant status that makes you treat people like this?”

Maybe he shouldn't have been so insistent that the Sargent review the bodycam footage. And her boss probably shouldn't have been disclosing her personal details to him on the phone either.

Hyde posted a statement on Facebook Tuesday apologizing over the incident and admitting he was “belligerent and rude to the officer.” He also admitted to being aggressive when challenged, arguing that it could be a good trait for a politician.

“I;m [sic] not going to justify my poor temper on that day or attempt to mitigate it in any way,” he wrote. ”There will be some who will say it’s not the first time I’ve acted out and they’d be right. I have faults and one of them is to be overly aggressive on occasion when I’m challenged.”

“In the political arena that is possibly a good thing but on a personal level it’s not,” he added.

He said he’d apologized to Beskin and was also apologizing to the community, pledging to “do my utmost to behave better going forward.”
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 28, 2022 11:58AM
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 28, 2022 12:42PM
We back the blue!

But only when they only pick on brown/black people. They need to know who they work for!
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: February 28, 2022 01:49PM
Anna Delvey?

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: February 28, 2022 02:54PM
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 28, 2022 04:27PM
CJsNvrUrly
Anna Delvey?

ftw smiley
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 28, 2022 04:43PM
"Overaggressive when being challenged"?

You mean called out on your BS? What a Richard Cranium.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: February 28, 2022 04:52PM
“….Richard Cranium.”smiley-excited001
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 28, 2022 05:22PM
I believe they call it bell end in the UK.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 28, 2022 05:25PM
jdc
"Overaggressive when being challenged"?

Isn't that a leading cause of being shot and killed by a police officer during a traffic stop?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 28, 2022 09:17PM
Carnos Jax
“….Richard Cranium.”smiley-excited001

Filliam H. Muffman
I believe they call it bell end in the UK.

Bellend: “Do you know who I am??”

Gigantic Clueless Bellend: “I’m a congressional candidate!

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 09:19PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 28, 2022 09:38PM
Isn't that a leading cause of being shot and killed by a police officer during a traffic stop?

Yeah, she was obviously on the verge of double-tapping him when she remembered the body cam.

FFS.

I;m [sic] not going to justify my poor temper on that day or attempt to mitigate it in any way,” he wrote. ”There will be some who will say it’s not the first time I’ve acted out and they’d be right. I have faults and one of them is to be overly aggressive on occasion when I’m challenged.”

Code for 'I'm a d¡ck, I know it, and I don't care 'cuz I got the power'.

What's your name.

Officer Beskin, it's gonna be on the citation.

I love that.

She talked pretty quick, but I guess it's department policy that besides identifying herself and the reason for the stop, she stated that the stop was being recorded, and the idiot either didn't care or was so confrontational at being lit up that he didn't 'hear' most of what she said.

Gotta love body cams, just which they were higher res and faster fps.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: February 28, 2022 10:02PM
Fat old @$$holes shouldn't wear skinny jeans… Just sayin'.

=wr=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 10:03PM by wave rider.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 01, 2022 12:13AM
Doesn't this sort of assholism kind of guarantee that he'll get elected? It IS Florida, after all.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 01, 2022 12:26AM
Yeah, I’m kinda surprised too….I mean this guy is a saint compared to Gaetz(?).
Date: March 01, 2022 02:34AM
RAMd®d

Yeah, she was obviously on the verge of double-tapping him when she remembered the body cam.

FFS.

My guess would be that, ironically, he’d be the sort to go out of his way to especially ingratiate himself to the worst kind of cops, thinking of them as being the ones doing “real police work”, and knowing how to treat ‘upstanding citizens’ like him, versus ‘those people’.

His vow to personally see the career of the officer ended because she didn’t show him fealty/deference and bend the knee to his idiot behind was sick makingly breathtaking.

As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2022 02:38AM by Blankity Blank.
Date: March 01, 2022 07:05AM
Blankity Blank
RAMd®d

FFS.

My guess would be that, ironically, he’d be the sort to go out of his way to especially ingratiate himself to the worst kind of cops, thinking of them as being the ones doing “real police work”, and knowing how to treat ‘upstanding citizens’ like him, versus ‘those people’.

His vow to personally see the career of the officer ended because she didn’t show him fealty/deference and bend the knee to his idiot behind was sick makingly breathtaking.

And his ability to tell bald-faced lies even when he knew he was being recorded was astonishing. The problem is not his temper per se, but that he let's go of all human decency when he's angry. Very revealing.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 01, 2022 10:16AM
Janit
he let's go of all human decency

Yes. It was already pointed out that he is a republican.
Date: March 01, 2022 11:26AM
Lux Interior
Janit
he let's go of all human decency

Yes. It was already pointed out that he is a republican.
smiley-laughing001
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: March 01, 2022 12:24PM
...out looking for a chess opponent, to strut his stuff...

=TC
Posted by: hal
Date: March 01, 2022 01:30PM
"Do you know who I am?" is probably the shortest, most direct route onto my shitlist. I've only heard it a couple of times and nearly exploded both times.

I was surprised that she answered 'yes' to the question. I would have preferred that she said something like, 'What's that got to do with you driving while texting?'
Date: March 02, 2022 07:35AM
hal
"Do you know who I am?" is probably the shortest, most direct route onto my shitlist. I've only heard it a couple of times and nearly exploded both times.

I was surprised that she answered 'yes' to the question. I would have preferred that she said something like, 'What's that got to do with you driving while texting?'

In these situations it's always good for the officer to keep her communications short and factual. Unfortunately, reason and argument are not useful here.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 02, 2022 09:20AM
In these situations it's always good for the officer to keep her communications short and factual. Unfortunately, reason and argument are not useful here.

Exactly.

It helps maintain a professional attitude in spite of a driver being an A/H, and that's amply demonstrated when the video is shown in court, should one decide to 'fight the power'.

Her reply to 'Do you know who I am' of 'Yes, sir, I do' strikes me as having an unspoken '...and I don't GAF'.

Civil, and satisfying.

It reminds me of military police working traffic in who, when stopping and officer and get a ration for it, would reply 'please to not confuse your rank with my authority'.

Without a body cam, I doubt there would have been an apology and resignation.

It's apparently not known exactly what Hyde was told by her/a supervisor, but I'd like to know where he got the 'Russian immigrant' bit from.

Officer Beskin should send him a nice Hallmark card with a news clipping about his resignation, saying 'Thanks for the apology' with a little smiley face.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2022 09:32AM by RAMd®d.
Date: March 02, 2022 09:41AM
RAMd®d
'please to not confuse your rank with my authority'.

When used well, language is sharper than any blade, imagined or real. big grin smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020