advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Disney Slaps down DeSantis and the GOP for "Don't Say Gay" law.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 28, 2022 08:22PM
There is no misreading this --

“Florida’s HB 1557, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, should never have passed and should never have been signed into law. Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that. We are dedicated to standing up for the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ members of the Disney family, as well as the LGBTQ+ community in Florida and across the country,” a Walt Disney Company spokesperson said in a statement on Monday.

The first step is they are not making any contributions to those that supported the bill. Disney CEO Bob Chapek met with DeSantis but the idiot Governor called Disney a Woke Company and claimed it was in bed with the Chinese Communists.

In Florida, you don't jack with Disney, this is going to get very ugly for the bigots running the state.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Disney Slaps down DeSantis and the GOP for "Don't Say Gay" law.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 28, 2022 09:13PM
Woot!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 28, 2022 09:40PM
DeSantis responds: "Please sir do it again and be sure I'm shown on all your many outlets while you slap me"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2022 09:42PM by RgrF.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 28, 2022 09:46PM
RgrF
DeSantis responds: "Please sir do it again and be sure I'm shown on all your many outlets while you slap me"
smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 29, 2022 07:46AM
Ombligo
but the idiot Governor called Disney a Woke Company and claimed it was in bed with the Chinese Communists.

What do conservatives have left?

Black Rifle Coffee (proud supporters of convicted war criminals!)?

I swear they have declared almost all mainstream American businesses/sports/entertainment as "woke radical liberal whatever."

The fact is that most Americans support these "woke radical" causes. And businesses are going to go after the dollars.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 29, 2022 10:13AM
What about Mission Barbecue? They advertise that they support the troops, as well as police and firefighters. Anyone know if they are radicalized to the Reactionary... err... Conservative cause?

(They do have good food.)

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 29, 2022 01:06PM
Lux Interior
Ombligo
but the idiot Governor called Disney a Woke Company and claimed it was in bed with the Chinese Communists.

What do conservatives have left?

Black Rifle Coffee (proud supporters of convicted war criminals!)?

I swear they have declared almost all mainstream American businesses/sports/entertainment as "woke radical liberal whatever."

The fact is that most Americans support these "woke radical" causes. And businesses are going to go after the dollars.

They do have a massive number of supporters that don't undermine one another (despite actively undermining their true needs). They form a united massive, formidable force (that's hella hard to defeat) to capture the levers that control our democracy.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: March 30, 2022 11:42AM
From what I can tell, no one who has read the bill has any issues with it. It is already uncommon to tech gender relater or sex education material to Pre k to 3rd graders. This bill gives the parents control over such subject matter. The bill does not mention "gay" or any LGBQT specific terms, just gender and sex education topics in general.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 30, 2022 12:40PM
Mr645
From what I can tell, no one who has read the bill has any issues with it. It is already uncommon to tech gender relater or sex education material to Pre k to 3rd graders. This bill gives the parents control over such subject matter. The bill does not mention "gay" or any LGBQT specific terms, just gender and sex education topics in general.

You should widen your reading. There are many who have read the law and found items to have issue with. Much of the terms used were intentionally vague and leave much to interpretation.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 31, 2022 09:28AM
Go complain about references to heterosexual relationships and you'll find out what the vague language really means.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: April 02, 2022 07:37AM
Acer
Go complain about references to heterosexual relationships and you'll find out what the vague language really means.

The bill applies to "don't say straight" as strongly as it applies to "Don't say gay". The bill says that discussion of sexuality and gender identity must be approved by the students parent for PreK up to 3rd grade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020