advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Americans are softer than a baby's bottom
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 25, 2022 12:03PM
I'm talking "all" Americans on "every" side.

Can't take a joke.

Can't be happy unless somebody else acknowledges our pain and suffering. This means you don't even run yourself.

Can't take a joke.

Always mad when somebody with a fraction of our resources and ability out performs us because they're not being little p%&@#ies and just go for what they want despite the obstacles.

Want to win everything but don't want to back off an inch from their position enough to attract an ally.

Won't put in work.

Won't honestly acknowledge when they have effed up something.

But most importantly:

Can't take a joke.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Americans are softer than a baby's bottom
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 25, 2022 12:49PM
And they wear gloves to make meatloaf.
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 25, 2022 12:59PM
emoticon-tv-015

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 25, 2022 01:13PM
V63 is in one of his moods again - hang in there V - it's a beautiful day outside!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 25, 2022 01:15PM
I will note that the only people we hear from are the fragile ones. The rest of us just buckle down and get stuff done.

Or take naps. I take more naps.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 25, 2022 01:17PM
hal
V63 is in one of his moods again - hang in there V - it's a beautiful day outside!

Russ' been watching too many basketball playoff games, thinking "what if..."
Date: April 25, 2022 01:27PM
Y'all know me so well.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 25, 2022 01:54PM
“ Russ' been watching too many basketball playoff games “

That was my first thought!

Is this about the Brokelyn Nets?

smiling smiley
Date: April 25, 2022 01:58PM
btfc
“ Russ' been watching too many basketball playoff games “

That was my first thought!

Is this about the Brokelyn Nets?

smiling smiley

My team didn't make the playoffs. I've got no skin in. I am a bit peeved watching Lakers discards play lights out like the Pelicans's Brandon Ingram dunking on EVERYBODY.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 25, 2022 03:30PM
Dennis S

Hear, hear. People are getting nuts!
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 25, 2022 04:15PM
mrbigstuff
Dennis S

Make sure it's those creepy all-black ones, that look like something from an autopsy.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 25, 2022 04:20PM
We’ve had one partly sunny day this month so far, otherwise overcast and we’re not even close to Seattle. 33° right now which is today’s high.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2022 04:21PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 25, 2022 04:46PM
Acer
mrbigstuff
Dennis S

Make sure it's those creepy all-black ones, that look like something from an autopsy.

It usually is the black ones on YouTube. I guess if you buy 100 pairs, you need to use them up.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 25, 2022 07:43PM
Is this some kind of cry for help? Exactly how long has this baby bottom touching been going on? We can do an intervention, but if the touching has gone beyond the daydream stages we obviously can’t shield you from the consequenc…

Wait. We are talking about human baby bottoms? If not, that’s a whole other thing. Everybody touches the occasional doggy or kitten baby bottom. We’re going to need more information. But for gawd’s sake NO PICTURES until a few things are cleared up.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2022 07:45PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 25, 2022 08:46PM
Now I know what you're on about: that Simmons character sitting out game 4 against the Celtics.
Date: April 25, 2022 08:56PM
mrbigstuff
Now I know what you're on about: that Simmons character sitting out game 4 against the Celtics.

Celts become favorites to win it all - that alone will cause Vision some agita.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 25, 2022 08:58PM
mrbigstuff

Ha! He’s Australian.
Date: April 25, 2022 10:59PM
btfc
mrbigstuff

Ha! He’s Australian.

The Lakers and Celtics are tied at 17 Championships. So YEAH.
Date: April 25, 2022 11:03PM
A championship won in a bubble hardly counts. While Laker fans get depressed LeBron gets his mojo on in Cancun

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2022 11:24PM by RgrF.
Date: April 26, 2022 12:22AM
RgrF
A championship won in a bubble hardly counts. While Laker fans get depressed LeBron gets his mojo on in Cancun

Sports ain't worth depression or people jealous because their team couldn't win.
Date: April 26, 2022 12:45AM
vision63
RgrF

Sports ain't worth depression or people jealous because their team couldn't win.

Truth! Although the opportunity for an exchange of non-nuclear barbs between frenemies can be rewarding.
Posted by: gabester
Date: April 26, 2022 10:10AM
There have always been two kinds of Americans. The ones who value intelligence, root for (or are) the underdogs, and lean into changes that improve the world which we all share. The people who flocked to the promised lands of manifest opportunity from sea to shining sea (yeah I know how much a trope that really is but even so upward societal mobility has been a hallmark of American culture for a couple centuries even if that promise has been tarnished by slavery, racism, and now institutionalized class structure)...

The other kind were the ones that eventually grew here as wrongful human beings sprout everywhere else in the world, who want to see their own power structure perpetuated at the expense of others' well being, even pleasuring in the injury and damage done to others - the bullies who need to win at all costs, who seek to tilt every playing field to their advantage, and who, when bested in a contest will do everything to obliterate the opposition to ensure the victory is pyrrhic unless they are the ones winning, and then they expect total deference to their greatness.

I think it's generally true the former Americans can take a joke in many but not all cases whereas the latter cannot tolerate any humor about themselves whatsoever.

Wait, what are we talking about here?

g=
Date: April 26, 2022 03:41PM
RgrF
vision63
RgrF

Truth! Although the opportunity for an exchange of non-nuclear barbs between frenemies can be rewarding.

You know me, I thrive on the talking of the smack!

It's a bit frustrating when people don't play with me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2022 03:42PM by vision63.
Date: April 26, 2022 03:51PM
gabester
There have always been two kinds of Americans. The ones who value intelligence, root for (or are) the underdogs, and lean into changes that improve the world which we all share. The people who flocked to the promised lands of manifest opportunity from sea to shining sea (yeah I know how much a trope that really is but even so upward societal mobility has been a hallmark of American culture for a couple centuries even if that promise has been tarnished by slavery, racism, and now institutionalized class structure)...

The other kind were the ones that eventually grew here as wrongful human beings sprout everywhere else in the world, who want to see their own power structure perpetuated at the expense of others' well being, even pleasuring in the injury and damage done to others - the bullies who need to win at all costs, who seek to tilt every playing field to their advantage, and who, when bested in a contest will do everything to obliterate the opposition to ensure the victory is pyrrhic unless they are the ones winning, and then they expect total deference to their greatness.

I think it's generally true the former Americans can take a joke in many but not all cases whereas the latter cannot tolerate any humor about themselves whatsoever.

Wait, what are we talking about here?

I just don't like to see people squander the very limited number of years that we're fortunate to be alive. It's important to crusade for justice. But we're fortunate that others that lived before us fought most of the important fights already. We're just honing justice at this juncture. Top priority right now is to secure the mechanisms of our democracy which are under full attack. LITERALLY, all we have to do is turn out and vote blue. THEN we can fuss about the details.

We're not under fire. We're not starving. We're not circling the drain. I want people to fight but I also want them to enjoy the fruits of whats around them. Don't be angry the day before you die because then you'll have spent your entire life angry, in what amounts to historically, a peaceful, fairly prosperous time in our history.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 26, 2022 10:24PM
vision63
btfc
mrbigstuff

Ha! He’s Australian.

The Lakers and Celtics are tied at 17 Championships. So YEAH.

But how many of those Lakers’ championships were won in Minneapolis? Go Brooklyn Dodgers.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: April 26, 2022 10:29PM
vision63
RgrF
vision63
RgrF

You might like Randy Rainbows new book, maybe even hook-up.
Date: April 27, 2022 01:06AM
RgrF
vision63
RgrF
vision63
RgrF

You might like Randy Rainbows new book, maybe even hook-up.

Sorry RgrF, you're my best playmate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020