advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Biden admin’s entire climate budget is $44.9 Billion.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 26, 2022 05:50PM
Musk just paid $44 Billion for Twitter - Anyone else see a problem here?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Biden admin’s entire climate budget is $44.9 Billion.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 26, 2022 06:12PM
that's a lot of money for a bunch of hot air!
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 26, 2022 06:23PM
I don't see a problem. I see the problem when you choose to not elect the main guy waving his arms and making movies about the ravages of climate change. I saw that problem and thought it might lead to greater problems. But no, but that unsafe at any speed guy was out there vacuuming up votes because Republicrats.

Rinse and repeat. More thoubles.

Now you have a president hanging on by his fingernails to try to save our very democracy. So let's attack him.

See, I'm still jocular RgrF. I'm still cool.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 26, 2022 06:27PM
You mean you'd TRUST the government with even MORE of our tax dollars???? smiley-shocked003
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 26, 2022 06:38PM
vision63
I see the problem when you choose to not elect the main guy waving his arms and making movies about the ravages of climate change.

agree smiley

The only silver lining here is that Musk (through Tesla) is going to make a significant dent in climate change.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 26, 2022 06:48PM
testcase
You mean you'd TRUST the government with even MORE of our tax dollars???? smiley-shocked003

Weren't you paid by tax dollars?
Date: April 26, 2022 06:49PM
Carnos Jax
vision63
I see the problem when you choose to not elect the main guy waving his arms and making movies about the ravages of climate change.

agree smiley

The only silver lining here is that Musk (through Tesla) is going to make a significant dent in climate change.

So what will generate the electricity to power all the new all-electric cars/trucks/buses and how far will that extra coal burning go toward obviating any gain in emissions?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 26, 2022 07:38PM
Surely you understand EV’s are energy agnostic, and that even when you use fossil fuels to provide that electricity, you’re dramatically cutting back on their consumption (versus burning them in a ICE vehicle)?
Date: April 26, 2022 07:53PM
Carnos Jax
Surely you understand EV’s are energy agnostic, and that even when you use fossil fuels to provide that electricity, you’re dramatically cutting back on their consumption (versus burning them in a ICE vehicle)?

I do. The question is how substantive the trade-off will be and whether it can be in place in time to make any real difference.

Now you have a president hanging on by his fingernails to try to save our very democracy. So let's attack him.

V - This is about national priorities, not political strategy.
Date: April 26, 2022 08:05PM
RgrF
Carnos Jax

I do. The question is how substantive the trade-off will be and whether it can be in place in time to make any real difference.

V - This is about national priorities, not political strategy.

It's all political all the time unfortunately. Otherwise, everything would be solved.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 26, 2022 08:10PM
“ researchers say average “lifetime“ emissions from electric cars are up to 70% lower than petrol cars in countries like Sweden and France (where most electricity comes from renewables and nuclear), and around 30% lower in the UK.
They say the picture for electric cars will become steadily more favourable as nations shift to clean electricity. “

[www.bbc.com]

“ How electric vehicles and other transportation innovations could slow global warming, according to IPCC “

[www.pbs.org]

“ whether it can be in place in time to make any real difference “

As opposed to what, exactly?
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 26, 2022 09:28PM
By all means, let's complain about imperfections in the solutions and do nothing.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 26, 2022 09:37PM
Wife dumped on me royalty today for failing to check the temperature before we departed in my car on an outing. The ICE generator in my Caddy kicks in at 32° which was exactly the temperature. Her Volt’s ICE doesn’t run until it hits 15°. I heard about it all the way there. Unfortunately, two hours later when we left to return home it was still 32° until we got just down the street from where we live when it rose to 33°. Lesson definitely learned.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: gabester
Date: April 26, 2022 11:20PM
RgrF
Musk just paid $44 Billion for Twitter - Anyone else see a problem here?

Nice juxtaposition and exactly what I was thinking to retort before I opened the thread...

If you think the US government doesn't have enough money to fight climate change, send in the armed forces - they know how to fight! :-D

(The DoD has 16 times more budget for fighting... so it's just a matter of the Commander in Chief directing them towards the right target!)

g=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2022 11:24PM by gabester.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: April 27, 2022 01:43AM
I once heard a podcaster rant about Musk's obsession with going to mars. The podcaster said something to the effect of, "Nobody wants to go to Mars. What we really want is a skinny pill. Why can't Elon dump his money into that?" As much as I love space projects I have to admit I'd take the skinny pill first.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Spock
Date: April 27, 2022 12:29PM
davemchine
I once heard a podcaster rant about Musk's obsession with going to mars. The podcaster said something to the effect of, "Nobody wants to go to Mars. What we really want is a skinny pill. Why can't Elon dump his money into that?" As much as I love space projects I have to admit I'd take the skinny pill first.

Eat less, it’s cheaper than a skinny pill and better for the environment. On the other hand it does require perseverance and will power and that is problematic in a country not blessed with an abundance of those qualities . (See peopleofWalmart.com)

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Date: April 27, 2022 05:03PM
Spock
davemchine

Eat less, it’s cheaper than a skinny pill and better for the environment. On the other hand it does require perseverance and will power and that is problematic in a country not blessed with an abundance of those qualities . (See peopleofWalmart.com)

Nah, we want the skinny pill. I'm tired of working out all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020