advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Judge says MTG (I don't recall anything) is qualified to run for reelection
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 06, 2022 02:07PM
The final decision now goes to the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (Republican).

ATLANTA (AP)A judge in Georgia on Friday found that U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is qualified to run for reelection, finding that a group of voters who had challenged her eligibility failed to prove she engaged in insurrection after taking office. But the decision will ultimately be up to Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Before reaching his decision, state Administrative Law Judge Charles Beaudrot held a daylong hearing in April that included arguments from lawyers for the voters and for Greene, as well as extensive questioning of Greene herself. He also received extensive briefing from both sides.

State law says Beaudrot must submit his findings to Raffensperger, who has to decide whether Greene should be removed from the ballot.

A Raffensperger spokesperson said in an email that the secretary of state had received Beaudrot's recommendation and “will release his final decision soon.”

AP News

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Judge says MTG (I don't recall anything) is qualified to run for reelection
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 06, 2022 02:39PM
I hear that Benedict Arnold is running neck-and-neck with Rafael Trujillo in Wyoming.
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 06, 2022 02:48PM
Raffensberger is in a tight race, he won’t do anything to piss of the far, far right, even though she is not qualified to run for so many reasons, including being guilty of sedition.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 06, 2022 04:10PM
I think Raffensberger standing up to 45*'s 'gimme a break here' was about as bold as he's going to go.

He doesn't seem likely to pull the pin on an MTG grenade.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 06, 2022 05:25PM
I was going to post this under the Friday Funnies on the other side, but it seems more appropriate here:

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 06, 2022 05:56PM
I think that the condition that the Constitutional amendment refers to is having been on the Confederate side in the Civil War. It's a big stretch to apply it to somebody who emotionally supports a riot and didn't herself take up arms against the lawful government. I also have a problem with creating a precedent that the Republicans would use to retaliate against anybody they don't like.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 06, 2022 07:10PM
Ca Bob
I think that the condition that the Constitutional amendment refers to is having been on the Confederate side in the Civil War. It's a big stretch to apply it to somebody who emotionally supports a riot and didn't herself take up arms against the lawful government. I also have a problem with creating a precedent that the Republicans would use to retaliate against anybody they don't like.

The judge in the case agreed that she did not have to actually engage in violence to be guilty.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 07, 2022 12:18AM
She's such a moron. She posted on Twitter that she had been acquitted.

Posted by: pdq
Date: May 07, 2022 03:44AM
This is the problem with these kind of things. Is she a horrible person? Sure. But was this kind of legal action ever going to succeed? Not likely.

I mean, put Gaetz in jail first. Or at the least, force him out of politics. This swing-at-and-miss stuff if frankly counterproductive, and gives her supporters a reason to support her, even if they know she is a wacko.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 07, 2022 08:00AM
we've had one destabilized pres. it time for a destabilized woman pres.
forward into the past!

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020