advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Ozinator! Dr. Oz goes macho. He’ll be bach (schilling quack remedies on late night infomercials, before he knows it)!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 10, 2022 09:08PM
Attention, future political science and public relations graduates. Today we have the 2022 Dr. Mehemet Oz “I’m a Gun Guy” ad.

The one where he says, “The second amendment is not just about hunting, it’s about our constitutional right to protect ourselves from intruders or an overly intrusive government. while loading an [colloquial use of gun term warning] assault rifle.

Yes, THAT one.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2022 06:42PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Ozinator! Dr. Oz goes macho. He’ll be bach (schilling quack remedies on late night infomercials, before he knows it)!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 10, 2022 09:27PM
...in recent rally.....despite being backed by Trump....he was booed and many say they 'dislike' him....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: The Ozinator! Dr. Oz goes macho. He’ll be bach (schilling quack remedies on late night infomercials, before he knows it)!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 10, 2022 10:22PM
I haven't figured out how Oz, or for that matter Herschel Walker, can run for office in a state he is not a resident of.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 10, 2022 11:10PM
NewtonMP2100
...in recent rally.....despite being backed by Trump....he was booed and many say they 'dislike' him....

I don’t follow him (duh), I wonder if in his pre-candidate life he did sufficient Covid quackery and denying? Maybe they’ve confused him with like, you know, a serious doctor, doctor.

AllGold
I haven't figured out how Oz, or for that matter Herschel Walker, can run for office in a state he is not a resident of.

They’re Republicans, right? Isn’t the thing, ”The first rule of Republican Club is, don’t talk about rules.”?

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2022 11:16PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 11, 2022 01:17AM
AllGold

A non issue. Bobby Kennedy would have been a senator from Massachusetts if his brother weren't already in possession of that seat while Hillary Clinton's New York roots sank so deep they went all the way to Arkansas. Neither were New York royalty until they decided they were; same rules apply to the CBD football player and huckster doc.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 11, 2022 10:07AM
Senators were intended to be an exclusive Men's Club, selected from among those whom God had graced with money and power, not elected from among the rank and file. You don't tell the Men's Club who is a member, they tell you. That's probably why residency rules weren't a priority.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2022 10:08AM by Acer.
Date: May 11, 2022 10:11AM
Candidates who Suddenly Worship Guns reminds me of this guy:

Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 11, 2022 10:11AM
NewtonMP2100

Well, he is a Muslim.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 11, 2022 01:18PM
Acer
Senators were intended to be an exclusive Men's Club, selected from among those whom God had graced with money and power, not elected from among the rank and file. You don't tell the Men's Club who is a member, they tell you. That's probably why residency rules weren't a priority.

And, let us remember, chosen by the state legislatures. I expect to see this original intent honored by the Supremicist Court in a ruling very shortly.
Date: May 11, 2022 01:39PM
Steve G.
Acer

And, let us remember, chosen by the state legislatures. I expect to see this original intent honored by the Supremicist Court in a ruling very shortly.

And electoral college members, too.
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 11, 2022 02:14PM
They always leave out the well regulated part.

Northern California Coast
Date: May 11, 2022 02:59PM
steve...

The SCOTUS said it was OK to ignore that part may years ago, so the precedent has been set...oh, wait...
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 11, 2022 04:24PM
Oz is not a legitimate candidate until he rolls up his sleeves, promises he’ll “fight for us,” and rounds up his family and dresses them in pastel clothes.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 11, 2022 06:41PM
Dual citizenship: U.S. and Turkey. “… spent two years in the Turkish army after college to maintain his dual citizenship.” Just in case, you know, you have to get out of Dodge in a hurry.

“In late 2020, Oz changed his voter registration to the home of his in-laws in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania.” All the cool kids do it.

“He identifies as Muslim and said he ‘chose to align his views with Sufism, a mystical Islamic sect.’" But don’t tell any tRump faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2022 06:49PM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: gabester
Date: May 12, 2022 01:00PM
Acer
steve...

The SCOTUS said it was OK to ignore that part may years ago, so the precedent has been set...oh, wait...

Well... the GQP says that all regulations are dangerous government overstep - if they were really important to running the country they would have been included in the Constitution's articles (and not those suspect Amendments which should be ignored if they don't serve your agenda.)

g=
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 13, 2022 05:33PM
DeusxMac
“He identifies as Muslim and said he ‘chose to align his views with Sufism, a mystical Islamic sect.’" But don’t tell any tRump faithful.
Is that why he is running as Dr. Oz as opposed to Dr. Mehmet Oz?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020