advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
ICE = I Cee Everything (Mass surveillance on all US Citizens)
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 11, 2022 06:45AM
American Gestapo indeed....

[americandragnet.org]

"Our two-year investigation, including hundreds of Freedom of Information Act requests and a comprehensive review of ICE’s contracting and procurement records, reveals that ICE now operates as a domestic surveillance agency. "
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ICE = I Cee Everything (Mass surveillance on all US Citizens)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 11, 2022 10:24AM
From the link:

ICE has evaded state laws and lawmakers’ efforts to rein in its surveillance capabilities.

When state officials enact laws and policies to cut off their states’ data sharing with ICE, ICE regularly evades those restrictions – often by using alternative points of access within the complex web of systems connecting state and federal databases. In Washington, Governor Jay Inslee enacted a statewide policy to limit state agency cooperation with ICE only to discover that state licensing officials were routinely violating that policy. When state officials cut off ICE’s access to a state-run driver database, previously unseen records show that DHS searches of a separate network of driver data – one not operated by the state – nearly doubled. In Oregon, soon after lawmakers passed a law cutting off state data disclosures to ICE, the Oregon DMV signed agreements to sell its driver’s license records to Thomson Reuters and LexisNexis Risk Solutions, the two primary data brokers that sell ICE access to driver information.

Seems to be the code of way too many current law enforcement agencies - "we must break the law to enforce the law". Disgusting.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 11, 2022 10:46AM
Ted King
From the link:

ICE has evaded state laws and lawmakers’ efforts to rein in its surveillance capabilities.

When state officials enact laws and policies to cut off their states’ data sharing with ICE, ICE regularly evades those restrictions – often by using alternative points of access within the complex web of systems connecting state and federal databases. In Washington, Governor Jay Inslee enacted a statewide policy to limit state agency cooperation with ICE only to discover that state licensing officials were routinely violating that policy. When state officials cut off ICE’s access to a state-run driver database, previously unseen records show that DHS searches of a separate network of driver data – one not operated by the state – nearly doubled. In Oregon, soon after lawmakers passed a law cutting off state data disclosures to ICE, the Oregon DMV signed agreements to sell its driver’s license records to Thomson Reuters and LexisNexis Risk Solutions, the two primary data brokers that sell ICE access to driver information.

Seems to be the code of way too many current law enforcement agencies - "we must break the law to enforce the law". Disgusting.

The ATF is another example.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 11, 2022 11:29AM
Ted King
From the link:

America... is dead. Long live Amerika!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 11, 2022 01:59PM
The Patriot Act was the end. I saw it on my old job.

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their legions of 'security experts' laid America wide open for this stuff. Obama pushed it further.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2022 02:01PM by Steve G..
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 11, 2022 11:13PM
Perhaps this organization should be renamed ICU.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 12, 2022 01:10AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Perhaps this organization should be renamed ICU.

Or ICQ.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 01:11AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 12, 2022 10:23AM
Stop talking about mass surveillance, Feinstein is getting over excited and her heart can't take it.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020