advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Starting my own Musk thread over here
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 13, 2022 12:24PM
I think perhaps my response was too "political" for the snowflakes who lurk amongst the gang on the other side. I don't want to get blamed for having the thread moved over here.

Here goes:
My question is: if he is buying this to establish a free-speech outlet, then why is he worrying about the percentage of fake accounts? That is a financial concern re: advertising revenues/profits, not the concern of a supposed-freedom-loving-hero of supposed-First Amendment-rights.

It could be a negotiating tactic. It could be the beginning of his effort to wiggle out of this deal. It could be that his motives were never about free speech but instead some sort of convoluted scheme to trash Twitter's market share. Or whatever. The man is such a smacked ass. And yes, very Trumpian in his outlook on life.

In response to:
[forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Starting my own Musk thread over here
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 13, 2022 12:35PM
PS:
Elon Musk praises Chinese workers for ‘burning the 3am oil’ – here’s what that really looks like

On Tuesday, the Tesla boss praised Chinese factory workers for pulling extreme hours while taking a shot at American workers. “There is just a lot of super talented hardworking people in China who strongly believe in manufacturing,” the billionaire said. “They won’t just be burning the midnight oil, they will be burning the 3am oil, they won’t even leave the factory type of thing, whereas in America people are trying to avoid going to work at all.”

Labor rights and safety violations have been reported at Tesla’s Shanghai factory since it opened in 2018, with some workers making as little as $1,500 a month in what an investigation by local journalists called the “Giga-sweatshop.”

Even in the United States, Musk is well known for his disregard for labor norms and work-life balance: the tech billionaire infamously declared “nobody ever changed the world on 40 hours a week”. He has bragged about making Tesla’s US employees work 100-hour weeks, while claiming to have worked 120-hour weeks himself. In March, Musk called an all-hands meeting for his other company, SpaceX, at 1am.
[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 13, 2022 12:47PM
one way or another he's looking at a way out

Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 13, 2022 12:48PM

“They won’t just be burning the midnight oil, they will be burning the 3am oil, they won’t even leave the factory type of thing...”

Sounds like he wants a modern day version of serfdom.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 13, 2022 01:58PM
mattkime
one way or another he's looking at a way out

I hope he finds it.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 13, 2022 01:59PM
Ted King

“They won’t just be burning the midnight oil, they will be burning the 3am oil, they won’t even leave the factory type of thing...”

Sounds like he wants a modern day version of serfdom.

No surprise given his upbringing in rich white enclaves of apartheid South Africa.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 13, 2022 02:42PM
I'm just suprised at how many otherwise intelligent people have drunk the Musk-aide.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 13, 2022 03:26PM
I’m surprised there’s no talk of amending the constitution so he could run for president.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 13, 2022 04:32PM
usually the phrase, 'My own Musk' appears in very different sentences...
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 14, 2022 02:03AM
Elon Musk’s problem is that he’s just not the right person to buy Twitter and most of his followers are bots, right wing trolls and fan boy sycophants.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 14, 2022 07:37AM
Why aren't people willing to work 100 hour weeks with minimal compensation so that I can be the worlds first trillionaire?

It must be because they are lazy!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 14, 2022 10:35AM
I find his actions incomprehensible.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 14, 2022 01:14PM
Lux Interior
Why aren't people willing to work 100 hour weeks with minimal compensation so that I can be the worlds first trillionaire?

It must be because they are lazy!

Unlike E. Lon Musk, Sooooooper Genius, who super geniuses 24/7/365 (Because farts, dreams and sneezes count when you’re a sooooooper genius)!

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 14, 2022 01:20PM
"...individuals with Asperger’s might talk exclusively about themselves. They may not recognize when someone is uncomfortable, disinterested, or offended. Because they don’t always recognize social cues..."

"Some common cognitive traits in people with Asperger’s include:
- A superior rote memory
- Ability to understand technical or factual information
- Trouble absorbing abstract information
- Tendency to focus on details, which may result in missing “the bigger picture”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020