AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Madison goes down
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 17, 2022 09:15PM
Chuck Edwards just told his watch party crowd that @RepCawthorn
called to concede in #NC11 GOP primary, per @WestfallAustin
who's in the room

Luke Ball, Cawthorn’s spokesman, told reporters that their focus would now be making sure that Republicans in the 11th Congressional District are united behind one candidate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2022 09:20PM by RgrF.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Madison goes down
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 17, 2022 09:32PM
The only way he could have lost is if it was rigged. When will they be doing the recount(s) and audits.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2022 10:01PM
I wanted him to win just to spite the hypocrite Republicans who have been trying to bury him. As if they're superior to him.
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 17, 2022 10:06PM
Not that there’s anything wrong with that...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2022 10:18PM
Cawthorn lost to state Senator Chuck Edwards by less than 2,000 votes

that's the scary part (until you look at Chuckles Edwards politics...that scary too.)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2022 10:18PM
GGD
The only way he could have lost is if it was rigged. When will they be doing the recount(s) and audits.

RECOUNT!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 17, 2022 10:19PM
vision63
I wanted him to win just to spite the hypocrite Republicans who have been trying to bury him. As if they're superior to him.
They are superior to him. That's what an incredible little turd he is.

Date: May 17, 2022 10:23PM
$tevie
vision63
They are superior to him. That's what an incredible little turd he is.

I don't want to crawl too deeply inside that basket.

this didn't age well:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2022 10:42PM by vision63.
Date: May 17, 2022 10:46PM
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2022 10:54PM
It was that video with his ‘cousin’. That was too much for the fundies to stomach.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 18, 2022 05:42AM
.....maybe now he can live his 'true'.....gay life.....????

.....nah....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 18, 2022 06:24AM
In a choice between whackjob and nutjob, who is the loser ?

Citizens.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 18, 2022 08:19AM
I guess he'll never get invited to a cocaine-fueled orgy now.

Do Q-Bert & Margie Traitor Greene have competition in their primaries?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 18, 2022 08:58AM
He was done for long before the salacious details went national. Guy is 100% phony, total embarrassment. Local folk have been done with him for awhile and I would bet many never saw the worst stuff or more likely care less about his personal business than about how he represented them in DC, which is to say very badly.

Only the hard core Trumpies stayed on board.

The Dem opponent for this race is a lesbian pastor and Mom who has been a civic leader for some time. Jasmine Beach-Ferrara. I may be spelling that wrong. Not everybody up in the holler is bigoted, actually most are not.
Posted by: gabester
Date: May 18, 2022 01:00PM
The worst part is that clown is in there until the end of the first week of January of 2023 and gets to collect all the benefits of having been a one time member of the US Congress:
1) Health insurance for life
2) Pension
3) Secret Service protection if there's a viable threat against him
4) Endless consulting $$ for lobbying firms
I'm just waiting for the day when it comes out that he is actually a russian deeply embedded spy. His name just doesn't seem like it could be real. Names like that are among the only things that make me suspect the "we are all living in the matrix" hypothesis has any validity whatsoever.

g=
Date: May 18, 2022 01:14PM
Lemon Drop
He was done for long before the salacious details went national. Guy is 100% phony, total embarrassment. Local folk have been done with him for awhile and I would bet many never saw the worst stuff or more likely care less about his personal business than about how he represented them in DC, which is to say very badly.

The Dem opponent for this race is a lesbian pastor and Mom who has been a civic leader for some time. Jasmine Beach-Ferrara. I may be spelling that wrong. Not everybody up in the holler is bigoted, actually most are not.

It's the most beautiful part of the whole state. Go Jasmine!

[www.jasmineforcongress.com]

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 18, 2022 01:28PM
gabester
I'm just waiting for the day when it comes out that he is actually a russian deeply embedded spy. His name just doesn't seem like it could be real. Names like that are among the only things that make me suspect the "we are all living in the matrix" hypothesis has any validity whatsoever.

Hanlon's razor = "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
Date: May 18, 2022 01:37PM
DeusxMac
gabester

Hanlon's razor = "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

That's hilarious. :-)
Date: May 18, 2022 03:29PM
vision63
Lemon Drop

It's the most beautiful part of the whole state. Go Jasmine!

[www.jasmineforcongress.com]

Yep. She's awesome.
Date: May 18, 2022 03:38PM
gabester
The worst part is that clown is in there until the end of the first week of January of 2023 and gets to collect all the benefits of having been a one time member of the US Congress:
2) Pension

He will not be eligible for pension after serving only one term.

To make money lobbying you need credibility and influence, he has none.

And the name Madison is pretty common in his generation but I think it is more common for girls.

[www.jacksonville.com]
Date: May 18, 2022 05:25PM
gabester
His name just doesn't seem like it could be real. Names like that are among the only things that make me suspect the "we are all living in the matrix" hypothesis has any validity whatsoever.

Madison became popular after the movie "Splash" came out (the mermaid called herself Madison after the avenue). It IS usually a girl's name, but maybe his mom really, really loved "Splash" and didn't care. Or maybe it is a family surname somewhere in his family tree, that seems to be getting more and more popular as a baby name choice.

EDIT: by complete accident, pursuing a topic someone was discussing on FB, I found this:

A leading proponent was Madison Grant, a lawyer, eugenicist, and conservationist who published The Passing of the Great Race in 1916, arguing that the supposedly superior “Nordic” race was in danger of extinction in the United States. Grant advocated for sterilization programs for supposedly inferior races, immigration restrictions, and anti-miscegenation laws that would stop any intermingling between racial groups.
[www.vox.com]
I have no idea what sort of people Cawthorn's parents are, so I have no way of knowing if this is significant or not. But it was interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2022 08:45PM by $tevie.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 18, 2022 07:11PM
Read the title of this thread and my first thought was "...on whom this time?"

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2022 07:11PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 18, 2022 07:30PM
on who? or is that whom?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 18, 2022 08:03PM
Maybe it’s “who all.”
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 18, 2022 11:17PM
or all y'all.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 19, 2022 05:29AM
Lux Interior

Greene has something like 6 people running against her. Both my Repub and Dem (who are crossing over in the primary) friends seem to have largely settled on Jennifer Strahan as the alternative. My bet is that the large group of alternatives will split the anti-Greene vote and she'll have the most votes. Hopefully she won't reach the 50% +1 threshold we require in GA and she'll go to a runoff and lose there. Hopefully...
Date: May 19, 2022 05:34AM
Michael
Lux Interior

Greene has something like 6 people running against her. Both my Repub and Dem (who are crossing over in the primary) friends seem to have largely settled on Jennifer Strahan as the alternative. My bet is that the large group of alternatives will split the anti-Greene vote and she'll have the most votes. Hopefully she won't reach the 50% +1 threshold we require in GA and she'll go to a runoff and lose there. Hopefully...

In her district she will win no matter what. Well, perhaps if she shot TFG she might lose but it would be close.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 19, 2022 07:05AM
The group that targeted him and released the nude video has now said they are going after Lauren Boebert.

[www.businessinsider.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2022 07:05AM by Ombligo.
Date: May 19, 2022 08:42AM
Ombligo
The group that targeted him and released the nude video has now said they are going after Lauren Boebert.

Hmmm, a similar video perhaps!

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: May 19, 2022 08:50AM
gabester
2) Pension

There's no health insurance benefit for one-term former members of Congress apart from ACA plans which are available to everyone.

Here's how health insurance works (heavily subsidized "gold-level" plans) for current members:

[www.snopes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2022 08:51AM by Bill in NC.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 19, 2022 09:22AM
Por… Adult film career?

“Cawthorn: Hot Wheels”
Vol. 1, “Lying with Madison: Pants on Fire (once removed)”
Vol. 2, “He ain’t heavy, he’s my (third) cousin (and a power bottom)”
Vol. 3, “Orgies! And cocaine! And… uh, never mind…” (Prequel. Last in series)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 19, 2022 09:30AM
The real lesson is don't take on the GQP establishment - they always have tapes and recordings; tapes and recordings that aren't a problem until you become a problem.
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 19, 2022 10:56AM
RgrF
The real lesson is don't take on the GQP establishment - they always have tapes and recordings; tapes and recordings that aren't a problem until you become a problem.

That's why they invite those newcomers to those orgies, for blackmail material.
Date: May 20, 2022 11:36PM
Ombligo

I certainly hope her ass is not as hairy!!

Date: May 21, 2022 05:26AM
$tevie
Ombligo

I certainly hope her ass is not as hairy!!

I have it on good authority she waxes.

Posted by: btfc
Date: May 21, 2022 10:05AM
“ I have it on good authority she waxes “

Hopefully she wanes.
Date: May 21, 2022 07:48PM
btfc

Hopefully she wanes.
thumbs up

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 22, 2022 01:49AM
btfc

Hopefully she wanes.

We already damn well know she whines.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020