advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DUI?!....Pelosi's husband arrested on suspicion of DUI.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 30, 2022 05:28PM
....no one injured....Pelosi could face misdemeanor charges including driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol content level of 0.08 or higher, the police booking report said....

Pelosi’s Husband Faces Drunken Driving Charge in California

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was not with her husband, Paul, when he was arrested in Napa County on Saturday, a spokesman said.

....Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in Napa County, Calif., on Saturday night, according to the county’s website.

Bail for Mr. Pelosi, 82, was set at $5,000. County records show he was released from custody on Sunday morning. The charge he faces is a misdemeanor.

Mr. Pelosi was driving a 2021 Porsche and attempted to cross State Route 29 when his car was struck by another vehicle, a Jeep, at 10:26 p.m., according to a California Highway Patrol report. No one was injured, according to the report.

Ms. Pelosi, a Democrat, has not addressed the arrest publicly. On Sunday, she delivered a commencement address at Brown University. News of her husband’s arrest was reported by TMZ.
A spokesman for Ms. Pelosi, Drew Hammill, said she was not with her husband during the incident.

“The speaker will not be commenting on this private matter, which occurred while she was on the East Coast,” Mr. Hammill said in an email on Sunday.

Mr. Pelosi, an investor who has typically avoided the spotlight, runs Financial Leasing Services, a San Francisco-based venture capital company.

This year, as efforts to ban stock trading by members of Congress gained momentum, Mr. Pelosi’s sophisticated and lucrative trades drew attention. Investors on TikTok and other platforms reviewed Ms. Pelosi’s stock disclosures and mimicked his investments.

Mr. Pelosi and Ms. Pelosi own a vineyard in Napa Valley. The couple met at Georgetown University and married in 1963.

arrested..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2022 05:32PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DUI?!....Pelosi's husband arrested on suspicion of DUI.....
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 30, 2022 07:11PM
Too bad he didn't commit securities fraud - you can avoid responsibility for years and years for that.
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 30, 2022 08:18PM
Fortunately nobody was hurt.

I've always thought that drunk drivers need to have really significant penalties to the point that fewer people will think about driving drunk (yeah, I know that when somebody gets drunk their ability to really consider whether they're about to engage in drunk driving is diminished, but still...) and those that have been charged and convicted just won't do it again. They've hurt and killed too many people, including themselves. A misdemeanor charge just doesn't do it for me. I don't care what political party they're associated with.
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 30, 2022 08:31PM
The $15K or so it will cost for the Pelosi's to make this go away is just a drop in the bucket. It's chump change.

Ever wonder what an 82 year-old like this is thinking about when they get behind the wheel of a car after drinking?

Entitlement.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 30, 2022 08:34PM
I wonder if he has any kind of history in this regard?

must… not… put on… tinfoil… HAT… big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 30, 2022 10:00PM
He probably had no issues with discerning which pedal was the throttle and brake. So a little tipsy didn't add to any age related confusion.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 30, 2022 10:40PM
Well, he is 82. And just to be clear, if he was DUI, he should be held responsible, and maybe he should give up driving.

But let’s note the obvious; there’s only one reason this is a story.

It’s not like he’s not a politician running for some high office

(or his running mate) with a DUI (or two).

And fortunately, he

didn’t

kill anybody.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 30, 2022 10:51PM
His wife is probably smart enough to set him up with an Uber account.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 30, 2022 11:13PM
if they took a blood sample, and it's over .08, then there isn't suspicion any more.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 30, 2022 11:13PM
Dennis S
His wife is probably smart enough to set him up with an Uber account.

and he wasn't smart enough to set up his own already.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 30, 2022 11:36PM
I think she will persuade him.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 31, 2022 06:05AM
if they took a blood sample, and it's over .08, then there isn't suspicion any more.

In CA, a blood, breath, or urine test of .08 or more is presumptive of DUI, 21353b CVC.

That doesn't mean guilty by any stretch, if a defense attorney can find a procedural or technical error.

The about may be enough to cast doubt on the .08 reading, in which case a SFST, standard field sobriety test may be relied on to establish DUI, as it is when a BAC is less than .08.

But that can be complicated by a collision.

'Your honor, of course my client was unsteady on his feet and unable to complete a sobriety test, he was just in a car crash!'

And the game is afoot.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: May 31, 2022 07:53AM
bfd
The $15K or so it will cost for the Pelosi's to make this go away is just a drop in the bucket. It's chump change.

Ever wonder what an 82 year-old like this is thinking about when they get behind the wheel of a car after drinking?

Entitlement.

Yep, with their combined net worth he should have hired a driver a long time ago.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 31, 2022 08:47AM
Bill in NC
Yep, with their combined net worth he should have hired a driver a long time ago.

No way! That would be a waste...
"Mr. Pelosi was driving a 2021 Porsche..."
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 31, 2022 06:28PM
Bill in NC
bfd

Entitlement.

Yes!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 01, 2022 03:31PM
Bet she cuts him off. From desserts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020