advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 31, 2022 03:14PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 05:45PM by Lemon Drop.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Was the fetus concealed carrying?: MO police shoot pregnant Black woman 5 times
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: May 31, 2022 03:23PM
remember - only Law Enforcement can be trusted with firearms; they take extensive training to make sure they are proficient and versed in proper use-of-force.
Re: Was the fetus concealed carrying?: MO police shoot pregnant Black woman 5 times
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 31, 2022 03:46PM
You could begin by dropping the military style training they receive these days.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 31, 2022 04:04PM
[comment withdrawn]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2022 05:25PM by Acer.
Date: May 31, 2022 04:06PM
SDGuy
remember - only Law Enforcement can be trusted with firearms; they take extensive training to make sure they are proficient and versed in proper use-of-force.

Nobody in America thinks cops always make good decisions with use of force.

And Lord knows civilians do not.

I think in the context of current events your comment is kind of sick, SDoorGuy.
Date: May 31, 2022 04:09PM
Acer
It would easier for me to assign blame in the proper ratios if the party harmed had done what the cop asked them to do.

Is this sarcasm? I hope so but I can't tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2022 04:25PM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 31, 2022 04:17PM
according to postings on this forum, the living encapsulated human is advised to have been carrying bear spray.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 31, 2022 04:45PM
”… the man ran off and officers followed him while the woman exited the car with her hands up. The officer told her to get on the ground, which she refused, explaining that she was pregnant. The officers approached her with guns drawn and after she took a few steps away, they opened fire five times.

The male suspect got out of the car and ran.
They chased him.

The pregnant, female suspect exited the vehicle, waited for officers’ instructions, didn’t comply, ostensibly because she didnt want to get on the ground while pregnant, then took a few steps away, worst case, to also flee.
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM

Uh. WTF?

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Date: May 31, 2022 04:54PM
Blankity Blank
[

Uh. WTF?

Exactly.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 31, 2022 05:57PM
And then when you tell the police they have to stop killing black people, they take offense and stop doing their job at all. I am SO TIRED of the cops in this country, I don't even know how to express it. They're @#$%& useless.

EDIT: Oh, I see "a handgun was found in the area where she was shot". Isn't that conveeeeeenient. Jeebus, are we supposed to fall for that old trick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2022 06:00PM by $tevie.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: May 31, 2022 06:05PM
$tevie
...Oh, I see "a handgun was found in the area where she was shot". Isn't that conveeeeeenient. Jeebus, are we supposed to fall for that old trick?

Let me guess - the "Officers'" bodycams (assuming they had any) also happened to be conveniently malfunctioning the entire time as well...
Date: May 31, 2022 06:05PM
$tevie
And then when you tell the police they have to stop killing black people, they take offense and stop doing their job at all. I am SO TIRED of the cops in this country, I don't even know how to express it. They're @#$%& useless.

EDIT: Oh, I see "a handgun was found in the area where she was shot". Isn't that conveeeeeenient. Jeebus, are we supposed to fall for that old trick?

That was my reaction to that detail too. No witness saw a gun.

There is video of the event, hopefully that can be used for accountability.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 31, 2022 06:10PM
I’ll wait for the officers’ bodycam footage before I make a judgment as to whether it was a good shoot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 31, 2022 07:01PM
Speedy
I’ll wait for the officers’ bodycam footage before I make a judgment as to whether it was a good shoot.

Remember to edit it down to 3 frames before the shot and zoom in exclusively on her hands

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 31, 2022 09:23PM
Lemon Drop
SDGuy

I think in the context of current events your comment is kind of sick, SDoorGuy.

Pretty sure that comment was meant to be deeply sarcastic.

It is what it is.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 01, 2022 09:16AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Lemon Drop
SDGuy

Pretty obvious to me.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: June 01, 2022 09:40AM
davester
N-OS X-tasy!
Lemon Drop
SDGuy

Pretty obvious to me.

That comment is meant to mock gun control advocates, claiming they only want police to have firearms. This is not a mainstream gun control argument, but it is pretty frequent gun nut talking point.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 01, 2022 10:33AM
Lemon Drop
davester
N-OS X-tasy!
Lemon Drop
SDGuy

Pretty obvious to me.

That comment is meant to mock gun control advocates, claiming they only want police to have firearms. This is not a mainstream gun control argument, but it is pretty frequent gun nut talking point.

Ban guns, except for single shot, bolt action rifles, and we wouldn’t have police standing in a hallway in a school waiting for orders because the gunner wouldn’t have a gun.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 01, 2022 03:10PM
Lemon Drop
davester
N-OS X-tasy!
Lemon Drop
SDGuy

Pretty obvious to me.

I took it to be mocking the police, who are demonstrably NOT proficient and versed in proper use-of-force. The police are happy to shoot unarmed black pregnant people, and they quake in their boots in the face of actively shooting white boys.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 01, 2022 05:58PM
I know it's fun to do the late night talk show host sarcasm thing, but we need police, most do a good job that is very difficult to do, and they shoot white people all the time, at least around here. The two who exited the car they had "carjacked" were probably armed, and I would say reasonably assumed dangerous. The police didn't shoot a lady at her baby shower. They have the video, so we'll see what happened. No reason to make stupid stuff up.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 02, 2022 09:20PM
kj
...and they shoot white people all the time, at least around here.

And you don't think that's a problem!? The US police force is far too over militarized and aggressive in general. I am lucky to live in a community where all police officers are required to train extensively in de-escalation tactics, but this is not the case in most of the US, which is why so many cops shoot people.

...and yes, I very much appreciate the professionalism of our local police force, though a big part of that is based on the enlightened higher ups who see the need to tone down aggressive policing practices.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 09:21PM by davester.
Re: ....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 04, 2022 05:43AM
[www.msn.com]

"The Jackson County Prosecutor says false narratives were relied upon after police shot a woman last Friday night near 6th and Prospect Avenue"

"On Wednesday, prosecutors released an image from a police body-worn camera that showed a gun in the hand of a woman. Prosecutors say the image shows Leonna Hale."

"According to court records, several officers’ body-worn cameras recorded video from different angles of Hale holding a firearm in her right hand. After reviewing the body-worn camera video, investigators said officers could be heard giving verbal commands to drop the firearm and Hale is “observed to still be pointing the firearm in the victims’ direction.” Then, three gunshots are heard. Two officers reported they discharged their firearms."

"Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas responded on Twitter Wednesday. Mayor Lucas tweeted: “Body cameras have been a positive addition to reaching the truth in public safety investigations. I appreciate the prosecutor today sharing facts and an image that clarify the public narrative concerning last Friday’s shooting.”

Pro tip: suspects lie

Pro tip: witnesses lie to get people in trouble

Pro tip: the camera doesn't lie

"I'm sure the apologies will pour in" smiley-laughing001

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2022 05:54AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020