advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Reminder: MO police shoot pregnant Black woman 5 times
Posted by: kj
Date: June 02, 2022 03:45PM
Just a reminder not to leave this in the "Incompetent blood-thirsty cops kill innocent black people" file.

[www.msn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Reminder: MO police shoot pregnant Black woman 5 times
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 02, 2022 03:54PM
bless you for beating me to it. Didn't the hospital release that she wasn't pregnant either? And it was 3 shots.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 03:57PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 02, 2022 04:28PM
The image released by authorities.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Date: June 02, 2022 04:30PM
play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 02, 2022 05:08PM
A good example of why all cops should wear body cams while on duty. Used properly (i.e, camera remains on the entire time the cop is on duty), body cams protect the officers as much as they do the public.

It is what it is.
Date: June 02, 2022 05:21PM
N-OS X-tasy!
A good example of why all cops should wear body cams while on duty. Used properly (i.e, camera remains on the entire time the cop is on duty), body cams protect the officers as much as they do the public.

Oh, absolutely. And can be used to either convict or exonerate the suspect. Military units have used them to prove they DIDN'T commit war crimes, and once or twice, that an individual did. Keeps everyone honest. Although the military helmet cams have a different primary purpose.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 02, 2022 05:42PM
Unfortunately, the original version was all too easy to believe. I'm not one bit embarrassed for falling for it because finding out that one of hundreds of occurrences turned out to be untrue doesn't change my opinion about cops in the least.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 02, 2022 05:43PM
The first version was wrong. I will delete that. The one in the OP is incomplete.
[www.kansascity.com]
Posted by: hal
Date: June 02, 2022 05:50PM
From the Root art that Lemon posted:

'Shédanja said the man ran off and officers followed him while the woman exited the car with her hands up. The officer told her to get on the ground, which she refused, explaining that she was pregnant. The officers approached her with guns drawn and after she took a few steps away, they opened fire five times.

“She did not pull out a weapon on them. She did not even have a stick in her hand,” said Shédanja."

Looks like Shédanja has some splainin' to do...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 05:50PM by hal.
Date: June 02, 2022 06:06PM
maybe she wanted her 15 minutes of fame, not realizing that she will forever be remembered as being full of @#$%&.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: kj
Date: June 02, 2022 07:14PM
$tevie
Unfortunately, the original version was all too easy to believe. I'm not one bit embarrassed for falling for it because finding out that one of hundreds of occurrences turned out to be untrue doesn't change my opinion about cops in the least.

I've known some really nice people who are cops, but that doesn't make me think all of them are nice. But I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, there definitely are some people who shouldn't be cops, and departments aren't good enough at weeding those people out. Really, no institutions are good enough at getting rid of bad eggs.
Date: June 02, 2022 07:27PM
kj
$tevie

I've known some really nice people who are cops, but that doesn't make me think all of them are nice. But I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, there definitely are some people who shouldn't be cops, and departments aren't good enough at weeding those people out. Really, no institutions are good enough at getting rid of bad eggs.

teacher's unions, and the USPS spring to mind.

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020